David Clunie, MD | DICOM Standards Author
June 01, 2021
Digital Pathology Association
Dr. David Clunie is a radiologist, medical informaticist, DICOM open source software author and editor of the DICOM standard. He joins Beyond The Scope to discuss image format standards surrounding digital pathology adoption. For more information, please visit: https://www.dclunie.com/ .
- 3:00 Intro
- 4:15 Background on PACS and DICOM, and the importance to pathology
- 6:39 History of DICOM as the image standard for radiology
- 10:04 Why an image standard has yet to emerge for pathology
- 15:38 How pathology departments can work with IT departments to aid the digital transition
- 16:54 Clarifying misconceptions about PACS
- 21:52 Discussing all cost elements associated with digital pathology transition
- 27:43 Advice to pathologists regarding image archival standards long term
- 33:20 Collaborative efforts between pathology, radiology, and IT departments
- 37:22 Educating the pathology community on image standards and regulatory barriers
- 44:51 The role of enterprise IT in DP adoption
A forum to engage with the hosts and other listeners has been launched on the DPA website www.digitalpathologyassociation.org. DPA members may login to the DPA Collaborate hub (under the Resources tab) and join the Beyond The Scope community. All listeners are encouraged to use this forum to suggest future topics and guests, submit questions and corrections, and provide general feedback.