Joyfully Married After
Handle Your Money and Build a Legacy Together
April 09, 2021
Heath and Tracy
The best way to handle money in your Marriage
Begin with a plan to move your family and your future in building a legacy.
This is the way to solid finances.
- You want to start with an abundance mindset. Not a scarcity mindset.
- Be Ok, plan. Watch your spending on the necessities. Rent/Mortgage, Transportation and food. My dad calls it “Food, clothing and shelter.
- Be Secure. This is where you are going for the 6 months or more savings.
- Build a Wealth plan. This is when you can have fun. Look for those deals to invest in.
- Meeting on a regular basis with your partner to go over your Philosophy and what are the goals and objectives you are moving toward.
- Stop keeping up with the Joneses. This is hard. Why are you buying this? Do you really need it?
- Overspending. When you use credit, do you pay more than you would if you paid cash.
- Face the past bad decisions you have made.
- Lending money to friends and family. Does helping them change their relationship with money? Does it fix their problem?
- Credit Cards. Build credit with only 2 credit cards. Or are you trying to live beyond your means?
- Student Loans- What is it going to really cost you?
- Figure out how to save your money. Pay yourself first.
- Talk about money as a couple. Come together.