Sarah Walker-Smith: "The Model CEO for a Law Firm"
November 14, 2022
In this podcast Clare talks to Sarah Walker-Smith who is the CEO of Shakespeare Martineau, a top 50 UK law firm.
In the podcast, Sarah discusses a range of things including:
- Leadership & what we can learn from role models (those getting it right and getting it wrong);
- The legal sector and 'challenging the norm';
- Legal as part of the wider business market;
- The importance of teamwork between lawyers and non-lawyers (and let's stop using the terminology 'fee earners'!);
- How change is crucial;
- Marketing & BD - what should firms be focusing on'; and
- Much more
The title of this podcast - "The Model CEO for a Law Firm" was inspired by Sarah being called this on LinkedIn. It seems both relevant and true based on the evidence.