S2E6: Mari-Liis Kukk of the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority on tokenization, micro-shares and regulating crypto
June 22, 2022
E-Estonia Briefing Centre
Mari-Liis Kukk is the Head of the Innovation Department at the Estonian Financial Supervision and Resolution Authority. She describes herself as a long-time fan of the world of finance, being into novel ways of making financial services work and ensuring more efficient experiences for everyone involved.
In the most recent episode of the e-Estonia podcast “The Art of Digitalisation,” Mari-Liis Kukk talks to the host Florian Marcus about:
- Whether Estonia has overregulated the crowdfunding and crypto industries;
- Tokenization and micro-shares;
- Her Ph.D. in finance;
- What her daily job at the Financial Supervision Authority entails and what their fairly new Innovation Hub does;
- Do fintechs depend on location or the ecosystem;
- What is her favorite public e-service, and much more.