From planning his suicide in 2012, to becoming a resilience coach, speaker, and transforming the lives of so many, Josh definitely gives us a unique perspective on resilience & humanising our emotions. He even brings Nick to tears at one point.
As a young father, Josh struggled with overwhelming feelings of shame and sadness and relied on alcohol as a temporary solution.
He now believes that once we face our true feelings we become stronger and that resilience is very different from what you think it is.
Josh’s Resilience workshops help people interpret their emotions, and every month runs a space just for men to help them with this.
In this special episode you can expect::
- Balancing work-life-family
- The realities of living as a highly-sensitive person
- Understanding where anger is coming from and how to channel it
- How we deal (or avoid dealing) with emotion and ways to release it
- Why talking about ‘mental health’ is not enough
- The true definition of resilience
- His story of contemplating suicide and the power of the present moment
- The UncommonMan space
And just an all round top top geez. A very special episode.