Making a career change can take time. And not knowing if it'll turn out the way you want and when it’ll actually happen, can be very stressful. Are you working on your career switch and constantly worried? Are you feeling discouraged as the weeks or months go by? Life coach Allison Carmen, author of The Gift of Maybe: Finding Hope and Possibility in Uncertain Times, offers 3 tools to handle uncertainty while making a career switch.
- Why you have a hard time with uncertainty
- Dealing with fear of the unknown
- What are the stories you tell yourself?
- Things are neither good or bad.
- Challenging your thoughts
- The concept of “maybe” where anything is possible
- Getting unstuck from certainty
- If you want your life to change, it happens in the unknown.
- Not knowing = possibilities
- How “maybe” statements can help with your career switch
- Living in the moment/being in the present
- How to deal with stress
- There are many ways to be ok.
- Uncertainty brings good things, too.
- Letting go
- Being grateful opens you up to new opportunities.
- How to incorporate “maybe” every day while making a career switch
Find Allison Carmen at www.allisoncarmen.com
Allison's book: The Gift of Maybe: Finding Hope and Possibility in Uncertain Times
Allison's podcast: 10 Minutes to Less Suffering
Music credit: TimMoor from Pixabay
What's your career switch? What do you think about this episode and the show? Tell us at careerswitchpod.com. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.