- Been with Grass roots Marketing systems for over 12 years
- Book Self publishing coach
- Business and marketing coach
- 30 years with IBM starting in the '70's reaching Senior Executive level
- MBA from the University of South Florida
- Bachelor from Auburn University with a degree in Mathematics
- Find her on her website at expertauthor411.com
"The Magic Of Thinking Big" David Schwartz
"Think and Grow Rich" Napoleon Hill
- Her first leadership job
- Using her brothers for good
- Great reason to move from Chemistry to Mathematics
- Starting with IBM in the '70's, where IBM had to build their own training curriculum
- Being a woman of color working for IBM in the 70's and embracing it
- Finding and getting mentors along the way
- Get comfortable being uncomfortable and doing your homework ahead of time
- Look for those who are guru's or in the know
- The unspoken powers in the room
- Don't bluff, you will get found out
- Volunteer for things instead of being asked
- Making a space AT the table
- All roads go back to the relationships you build
- Excellent advice on getting in front of the executive
- Be curious, everyone can help with you career success
- Wanted to own a bookstore
- Write a book, become an expert / Focusing on hospitality and B&B's
- Taking early retirement after 30 years
- Best advice and a "Hell of Wheels" boss
- Becoming a book coach and the evolution of this
Welcome to another episode of "Wish I Knew . . . "
A podcast where I speak with people about their careers focusing on their success, advice, mentoring and listening to interesting stories.
I'm your host Gary Nowak and what a career journey you are doing to enjoy today with my guest Linda Griffin. Linda has so much great experience to share and a couple of career pivots that you will find interesting.
Want to be a guest? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!