Welcome to another episode of "Wish I Knew . . . "
A podcast where I speak with people about their careers focusing on their success, advice, mentoring and listening to interesting stories.
I'm your host Gary Nowak and today I have an open and honest conversation with my guest Ling Chung. I just loved her work ethic and perspective on her career.
- Unilever ~3 years as Senior Manager, Ecommerce
- Prior to
- York University bachelor in Marketing
- Born in Taiwan, raised in Singapore and lives in Canada
- One of my avid listeners
- Great first job as a translator Taking notes in her spare time while on vacation
- Volunteering as a pillar to her career
- Getting a warm hand off for her first job
- Don't be discouraged if your resume isn't picked out inititially
- Mom being a massive influence
- Being "Top of Mind" for people who can support your career
- Another "tell the world" perspective
- Aligning your actions to what you want out of the world
- Likeability and kindness in your career
- Mapping our your values
- Being a Generalist vs specialist
- Being hard to replicate in your career
- Being comfortable with ambiguity and things being a mess
- Making decisions - does this opportunity open more doors
- Top 3 values
- Proud moment is a great one
- Making superstars of your team instead of you
- Great conversation with someone special
Want to be a guest? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!