#57 Stephen McDonnold - Retired Executive / MBA Point of View / College is "How" to learn / REM Story / Favorite Child
June 21, 2022
Welcome to another episode of "Wish I Knew . . . "
A podcast where I speak with people about their careers focusing on their success, advice, mentoring and listening to interesting stories.
I'm your host Gary Nowak and today I've got a guest that truly hits the mark for me of what a successful career is all about with my guest Stephen McDonnold. Great career, great wife and wonderful daughters
- PGA Store nearly 17 years
- Home Depot 14 Years
- Ernst & Young 2 yrs
- Presebyterian College and Mercer University MBA Tax
- Playing with electricity early on and letting me know playing with water is more dangerous
- Playing golf in college for a D1 school, so jealous.
- Starting young and his dad giving him 2 books
- College is all about how to learn, don't get bogged down in the details
- Focusing on Tax for an MBA, he wanted something specific
- What to do with a philosophy degree
- Being a good person and giving back to the community
- Observer and using this as a mentoring approach
- Cream always rises to the top
- When your best attributes are also your worst attributes
- Simple advice = be humble and listen
- Great perspective on hard vs soft skills
- Switching jobs why and when
- Getting great financial advice
- Taking a big risk by going to PGA Store and the influencer behind this move
- Finally figured out his biggest influencer
- When your job is a blast
- Great REM story
- Going to the best golf tournament on earth yearly and no room to give this a guy a break to go
- He has an answer when I ask him who his favorite child is with one of his daughters next to him and it wasn't her
Want to be a guest? Email me at email@example.com!