Season 2 - Episode 002 - Latest ATM Projects in the Netherlands - Marcel Bakker - LVNL
February 01, 2022
The guest for the second episode of the year is Marcel Bakker, the General Manager Systems & Infrastructure at LVNL, the Dutch ANSP.
- Brief overview of the TWR2020 project, decommissioning of paper strips, the new "polaris" radar and simulator center building, the start of remote tower implementation
- Next steps of these and other new projects
- How does the transition works in regards to LVNL continuing its own development of the triple A system to purchasing systems from industry providers (AMAN from DFS, joining the iTEC alliance, electronic flight stirps from FREQUENTIS, ...). Cultural impact on the organization
- Virtual center idea at LVNL
- Evolution of ATM systems in the next 5 years but also in the next 50 years