Speaker 1: Dr Davido Ginde is the chairman of the Kenya Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, the official government agency for promoting values, ethics and combating corrupt practices in the nation. He is a thought leader on matters, leadership and governance. He is the founder of the Cutter Lead Associates, a leadership development firm that runs courses, coaching and consultancy for individuals and organizations. He holds a PhD in organizational leadership from Regent University, usa, a master of arts in leadership from Pan-African Christian University and a Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Nairobi. Dr Ginde has a passion for leadership development. He has led several training workshops and seminars for corporations, the government and church institutions on various aspects of leadership. Every fortnight he runs the popular program, the Leadership Forum, on Hope FM. He has published several books and written articles in various leadership journals. Dr Davido Ginde is the immediate former presiding bishop of Christ. Is the answer ministry is SITAM. At SITAM he led several organizational transformation initiatives, placing SITAM as a cutting edge institution. Dr Ginde is currently the chairman of the University Council at Mamangina University College. He is also the vice chair of the Association of Evangelicals in Africa. Bishop Davido Ginde is married to Nancy and together they are blessed with two young adults. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome Bishop Dr Davido Ginde, amen.
Speaker 2: Come on, let's stand up. Come on, everybody, Amen, come on, let's give God a big hand. This is holy name. Amen, amen, karibusana. God bless you, sir, amen. Just before he speaks, I do want to tell you this Bishop Davido Ginde actually was my chair at the Evangelical Alliance of Kenya. We have served in many ways and for many, many seasons we've been trying to get him to come and preach at Parklands Baptist Church, and today he has honored us with his presence. Amen, amen, and we are very appreciative for getting time to just come and allow God to use you as you speak to us in this revival season. Nine, may the Lord richly, richly bless you and your family. Amen, thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, pastor Ambrus, for this great opportunity that you have given to me to come and be part of this great meeting. Already, I'm so blessed. God bless you. May be seated, amen. It's really a delight to be here and to share the word together with us this evening. I understand that great men I don't know whether they were women have stood at this pulpit from Monday to this time and I'm honored to be the fifth one this evening. As you wait for the great culmination, I'm tempted to come to the dome. It's 7 am is rather early. You people do things in a great way. Thank you, let's pray together. Everlasting Father, we want to thank you for giving us opportunity this evening to be gathered in your presence. Thank you for the move of your Holy Spirit that we have already experienced this far. I pray, jehovah, god, that, as now we look at your word, that you take the written words that you are going to read, that you take the spoken word that I'm going to speak and turn them into the living word. That would reach the hearts and minds of your people who are here gathered. May your voice, so God, be heard, may your hand move among us and may you do as you are pleased this evening to the glory and honor of your name, for we pray in Jesus' name, amen, amen, thank you. I came with a few friends who are here. I don't know where they are, whether they are in here somewhere. I see, yes, there's Julia, there's Arnold, thank you. Thank you, these are men and women that we work with. Julia, we work together at the catalytic and she was she's here with us. Arnold, we work together at ESCC. I think Issa is somewhere in the crowd also. Thank you, thank you. God bless you. We bring you greetings from my wife. She's not able to come. She's a student and they attend class in the evenings such a time as this. I was asked to come and talk and speak to us on the harvest Very interesting topic see the world. That's the topic that I was given to share with us this evening and I have looked at the details of what I was asked to consider and I would like to share with us what I've entitled the imperatives for reaching our world today. First, I want to just point out our harvest field. In this season that we find ourselves in in the 21st century, the harvest field has been changing with time, the harvest field that we are working on, or that is committed to us who are here today, on this fourth day of August, is very different from the one that Jesus was facing in his time the apostles were working on, and throughout history, this harvest field has been changing, and with each change it requires new strategy, new thinking, but the gospel remains the same, because the word of God is never changing. It is still the same, and so this evening, I have identified three areas that I believe we, as harvesters of our time, may need to consider in this season. The first I call the child, and I'm going to explain this in a short while. The second is the city, and the third one is the cyberspace. There are many other aspects of the current harvest field that we could talk about and we could consider, but these are three that I thought we may consider seriously in the time that we are in. Let's start with the child, and I'll just briefly mention these things, because you are well informed, and then we'll go into the imperatives. The child I call this the great battlefield. Why is the child a great battlefield in our time? This a battle to control the mind of the child in our time, and this battle generally refers to the desire, the strategy, the move, the planning by many different groups on how they might capture, captivate and shape the mind of the child. The battle is about a competition that exists among institutions, ideologies, influences in society, beliefs, values, behaviors and perspectives that are being given to our children in our time, and when I talk about children, I'm not just talking about toddlers, I'm talking including the young people. The battle is primarily focused on influencing their upbringing and their education of our children to align them with specific world views, cultural norms, religious beliefs, political ideologies and social values that would then shape their minds and their thinking, and eventually their lives, towards a particular direction. So there are several things that people are focused on when it comes to the matter of children Formation of beliefs and values. Children are impressionable and they tend to absorb information very, very quickly, depending on their surroundings. Those who control, therefore, the access to their minds are able to shape the way the child think. And the Bible says train up a child in the way he should go, and when they are grown up, what will happen? They will not depart from it. That is a biblical verse, but let me tell you that the world has discovered the truth and reality about that verse, and people are now focusing on the child so that they can train them in the way they want, so that when they grow up, they will not depart from it. Finally, there is a long term influence that people are focused on because they want these ideas and these beliefs to be long lasting and have long lasting impact. And when you want something that lasts long, you start with a seed. So they plant these seeds into the minds of our children so that they can shape them and form them into the way that they want, so that these young people can eventually be the transmitters of these ideologies which they have been given at a very tender age. Thirdly, there is cultural transmission. Society often seeks to perpetuate their cultural values and norms through generations, and God spoke to the children of Israel and told them that they should work hard towards building the child with the right truths so that as they grow up, they would not forget the Lord, their God, because there is something about culture that has to come while a person is young so that they will continue in the same as they grow up. There is the social and political control that people are also seeking to bring upon our children by bringing political beliefs and ideologies so that young people have a particular way of viewing things. You will know that in this country, politicians tend to reach out to the young people. Why? Because these are people that once you win them to your side with your ideologies and your thinking, then they will be your followers for a very long time. There is the religious. That also comes in, and that is where we come in, and other religious communities are doing the same. There is also the business people, the economic people, the consumers. You will notice that many adverts are directed towards children and young people so that these people are trained while they are young, so that they can consume these goods. And you know you have a captive market for a long time if a child buys into your goods, so even goods that are not necessarily for children. They use children so that the children can talk to mommy, children can talk to daddy, children can persuade you. When you go to the supermarket, as you are walking out through the aisle, they say mom, take this one. Why? Because they have watched it on TV and it looks like it's a good thing and they will force you to buy it. Children have power. I normally say that I think that verse should have been written differently. Parents obey your children, that it may go well with you. Is it only me who experiences that Parents obey your children, that it may go well with you? Because children have this tendency of embarrassing you in the presence of your friends, and I have been in those circumstances. So they are those people. Therefore, they target the young people, whether for good things or bad things. Drug dealers and peddlers target young people, target children, so that they get them while they are still young, and then they are assured of a market for the longest haul, because once the children are caught into this, then they are sure of the market. And the list goes on and goes on. So the child has become a battleground. If we are going to maintain the kingdom of God and expand the kingdom of God, it then follows that this is a mission field that we must focus on. Many churches today are just beginning to discover that children are a great resource that must be focused on. Many churches, however, children are on the periphery. They are taken toward the dome, isn't it so that the adults can enjoy peace with their God? Isn't it so somebody keeps them busy? I know that is not Parkland, so I'm not going to go into that, because you are serious about children development. And so there are many, many groups that are focusing on children and it is going, as time goes on, the battle is going to be stronger and stronger. Children only need to be removed from the church and the church is dead. Many years ago, a friend of mine invited me home to their village and they also had other friends, a family friend that came from one of the Western countries, and so we went for this weekend visit in the village. So in the night before we went to broke off to go to bed, they wanted to brief us on their agenda for tomorrow what time would wake up, what time breakfast will be, what we'll do after that, and so on. And it was a Saturday evening. So they told us tomorrow breakfast will be ready at this time and then after breakfast we will go to church, which is just nearby here. After church we'll come back, we'll have lunch together and then I'll take you around to just see our village and our neighborhood, and so on and so forth. And so the briefing went on and is finished. So there was this man and this wife and a 12-year-old child, their 12-year-old son. So when the briefing ended, the 12-year-old son asked Dad, what is church? You could see the man turn red and what is done in church. So the mother jumped in quickly and said yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, we have not brought him up that way, because we allow him, eventually he will choose for himself. 12-year-old did not know what church is, live alone, not having been to church, had not heard about church, had not heard about church. So it's like so what is church? 12-year-old, because they believe in freedom of thinking, they will choose at their own time. So the parents were not very keen on going to church. But I told you, parents, you obey your children, so that it may go well with you. So this child said mom, are we going? And you know they were kind of thinking no, I want to go and see what happens in church. The curiosity was so high that these parents had no otherwise but to release their child, or rather to accompany their child to come and see church. Now, the only unfortunate thing this was in the village, so the service was in the local language, so we were just there listening. So I'm sure this I don't know what the child thought If this is what goes on in church, I don't know whether they were going to go back in church. I wish they came to Parklands Baptist, but you can see how we can miss opportunity right there in the home. And yet that child at school, in the neighborhood, in different places, is being influenced by other things, other ideologies. This is a great harvest field. The second is a city. Why is a city a harvest field? Because urban centers are becoming the greatest frontier for missions. Today I know that many of us do village missions. I have been part of that for a very, very long time. We go out and spend a week in different parts of the country bringing the gospel, and so on. The urban centers studies are showing us that they are becoming the greatest centers of mission. This means that the body of Christ must seriously equip itself for urban ministries. Cities are rapidly becoming that place where people need to hear about Jesus Christ, all the apostles. It's amazing how he spent his time focused on urban ministry. The book of Acts and his own letters give us records of Paul's life and how he spent time going from one city to another when he was there. The cities were not many and they were not as populated as they are today. According to a United Nations report, we are told that 50% of the world population today is to be found in the cities. 50% of the world population today is to be found in the cities. By 2050, which is only about 24, 25 or so years from now, 75% of the world will be in the city. The fastest growing cities are to be found in Africa. It means that there are more people moving into cities, and now for us in this country, cities are getting spread across the country. It used to be just Nairobi, mombasa, kisumu, nakuru, but now all the county headquarters are slowly turning into major urban towns that are going to attract people from all over the place, and they are going to find themselves in these spaces. And when people come into the city, something happens, because the homogeneity that we find in the villages and in the rural areas is broken. The togetherness, the social cohesion is broken and people become very individualistic. People have greater freedom to do things that they would otherwise not do in their own village setting because of that freedom of being on your own and doing whatever you wish to do. And so it is projected that many and more and more people, many and more, no, more and more people. You know when you are seeing all these eyes, kisumu can disappear. More and more people are finding themselves in the cities, but even you find in a congregation like this. Let me talk about Sitaam not this one, because I don't know how you do church, but in a place like Sitaam Valley Road, where we sit about 4,000 to 5,000 people in one sitting, we can be parked like this, but you don't know the person who is sitting next to you, but only don't you know the person sitting next to you. You can be alone and lonely. You are nodding your heads, like it happens here also. I thought those are left for old churches like ours out there, so somebody can be alone and lonely in a crowd like this and they will come after jumping and dancing in this place and we have enjoyed a great time of worship and praise and singing and then go home and cry because they are alone. Somebody may come from this meeting and go home and sleep hungry. Somebody may not have rent. Somebody may you know, and you can add to the list Somebody may be sick. Now, those of us who grew up in the villages like myself I grew up in the village there is that cohesion that you can go to your neighbor and borrow Jumvi Jumvi is the list. You can borrow a rou. I don't know whether you can borrow a rou because you can't return, you will consume but you can go to your neighbor and get salt, you can get flour, you can get, you know, all kinds of things. So it is a very communal way of living and so it is very unlikely that somebody will die in the village while the neighbor has. But here you can die while your neighbor is throwing away food very easily and a cooler until he can eat no more and then throw away and you, just next door, you have nothing to eat. And this brings certain dynamics in our social fabric. That therefore leads the society to begin to move in a particular way. There's a report recently that because of the high cost of living I know that might be a political statement which I don't want to make, but petty robberies, stillings and so on have been on the increase. So there are people who are breaking into homes, getting into compounds and stealing very, very small things. Why? Because they're hungry and there's no brother, there's no sister who can help you. How do we get to tell this person that the Lord loves them and that God can provide for them? How do we get this person to know the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living, when you are eating nicely and I am sleeping hungry? Those are dynamics that are coming into our society, that we need to deal with, and unless we are conscious, we can keep going on with business as usual. But from a spiritual perspective, the implication that we have here is that unless we are very deliberate on how we do urban ministry, we may lose so many people, because urbanization also comes with many, many other things, and one of them is the loss of spiritual focus Because people are so busy, even people who used to go to church in their homes back in the village, those who come from the village you may find that they don't go to church. A study that is very, very old I think another one needs to be done, or I don't know whether it has been done showed that only 7% of Nairobi goes to church on a Sunday morning 7%. Now, when our church here is full, until we have a mega dome, you think everybody is in church, isn't it? No, only 7%. Even if you push it, I don't think it's more than 10%. The first time I saw that statistic I said no, this can't be true, especially coming from a big church like ours. We thought the whole of Nairobi is in church. But if you think about it, how many churches of Parkland's Baptist size are in Nairobi? How many? Just imagine how many churches are in Nairobi of the size of Parkland's Baptist? We have thousands of churches in Nairobi, but majority of them have 50 people, 20 people, 100 people is a mega church, it is true. So when you sit in this, you think that everybody is in, is in church. They are not Just leave church and go out there. The mall has become the center on a Sunday morning. Those of you who are younger you don't know that Sunday used to be closed. Everything was closed. I grew up in that time faster, when Sunday you knew no shop is open, nothing is open. Everything was closed Saturday, everything closed at 12. Isn't it Cairo? You are there in those days. These days we are moving to 24 hours. So what is that doing to the spiritual factor of the life of people? Very soon you are going to find thank God for our religious education in schools, but it is very possible that many, many families are bringing up their children who have never gone to church, who have never entered church. 12 year olds, possibly 20 year olds, the young generation. They are not going to church Sunday morning is to watch sports and watch things, and wake up at 12, go to the mall, have a lunch. You know, especially for us in the middle income, where we have a little of resources, we can go out to the mall to play grounds and so on with our children, and that's life. And before you know it, this boy, this girl, is a young adult. They are getting married. They have never gone to church. Where will their children go to church? They don't know it themselves. How will they lead their children to church? So it means that this is another great field that we must take care of. The third one is the cyberspace, the cyberspace. The cyberspace is an interesting mission field. How many of you are in the social media Facebook, twitter, instagram? Why are you so shy? Ah, good number, good number. How many of you have never entered that space? Just, it is not a scene, by the way. You have never been in Facebook. You don't know what Instagram is. You will ask, like a 12 year old, what is TikTok and all those WeChat, never been there. Now they are the ones who raise their hands were not everybody, but the ones who didn't raise are not raising. Okay, a few of us, a few of us never been there, or you went there and you left. You went there but you left. Okay, I have been there, but I took a sabbatical last year, just one year. So I'm going back this August from August last year. It is true, it is true, I took a sabbatical, a deliberate one. I was very active on Twitter. Those of you who are following me on Twitter, you may know that I was there, but I deliberately took a sabbatical because the Bible says nothing should enslave you and I didn't want to be enslaved. Because I wake up and I'm thinking what do I tweet today? It was becoming addictive and I had to just say I'm taking a break. So, as a sabbatical for one year, last August, I'm getting back this August. So, those of you who have been my followers amen, I'm coming back, I'm coming back. But this is cyberspace, the cyberspace. I'm not a nicety person and I'm not a technology person and so on, but I just want to tell you, to say, from a layman's perspective, the cyberspace is the next frontier for outreach. I say perhaps cautiously, but I think that if Jesus was to come today and be born among us, he would most likely be in on Twitter. He will be on the social media, because Jesus went where people were and people are on Facebook and people are on Twitter and people are on Instagram and people are on TikTok and people are on Snapchat and people are on WhatsApp, and that's where Jesus would be and would be asking. But he says he's the son of God and is on Twitter, isn't it? That's how people were surprised in those days when he was eating with sinners. So, jesus coming today, I believe he would be in the cyberspace. So if we are going to reach the world, behold the harvest and the harvest field. It is there. When I joined the social media, I went there with a very deliberate and specific purpose. Those of you are my followers. I didn't do much of Facebook because it is too confusing for me. Yeah, but I did Twitter because, first of all, the conversation is very brief. It has been extended and extended. It's getting bigger and bigger now, but in those days it was 50 characters, not 50 words. I found that very useful because you have to think carefully what you want to say and say it in the shortest way possible. I loved that. So there were no stories, so I did this, I did the other. You have to say it in the shortest way possible. I found that useful, but I went into that space with a specific purpose that I want to be part of the conversation that is going on and, if possible, I want to bring any small influence that I can within that space, and so there are things that I never engaged in, there are conversations that I was never part of, and there are things that I will never comment on, and I was very clear as to what I wanted to do. If you go into that space with a very clear mission on what you want to do and God giving you wisdom on how to use that which God has given you you, this is a big, big harvest field. The world is moving into that space. The church must move into that space if we are going to remain relevant In 2020,. I was speaking in a conference in Addis Ababa and I had been asked to talk about globalization, and as I talked about globalization, I didn't know about globalization in the church. You know globalization and the church. And I'm thinking how is globalization and the church, and where do you find this in the Bible? So I went to scriptures and I began to read and I came to the Tower of Babel. The story of the Tower of Babel is about globalization. The world was one, they had one language and they had one tongue and I thought to myself this is what globalization is all about. And they moved from different places to do business, and the Bible says they moved. The people moved to the east and they came to an open space called Shinnah. And in Shinnah, that's where, when they found this big open space, they decided they are going to build a tower to the heavens and their purpose was one so that they may build a name for themselves, they may become great, they may not be scattered, they may be united, and so on and so forth. And I thought to myself you know what has happened. The world has moved into an open space called the cyberspace and we are building there a tower to make a name for ourselves, that we may not be scattered, that we may be connected all over the world, and so on and so forth. So another Tower of Babel is coming or is being built Now. Tower of Babel had a very bad story, the part we know, because God had to come in and scatter them. But that very concept, god transformed it in the book of Acts, chapter 2, when the Holy Spirit came and the people were in the upper room. And what were they? They were united, they were one. Okay. And the other thing is that people had come from all over the world into Jerusalem. So while they were there gathered that is when God brought the Holy Spirit and poured upon the people in the upper room they began to speak in other tongues and in other languages, and the Bible says the crowd that had come from all over the world, as they were listening to these people, they heard the people speaking in their own language, and so they were surprised. These people, how did they come there speaking in my language? And the list of languages are given there, so that they were hearing people speaking in this and speaking that and speaking that. And what were they speaking? They were glorifying God. It is the exact reverse of the Tower of Babel, and that speaking was uniting the people together. Now God has given us the power of the Holy Spirit which we can use to go into the new Sheena which is called the cyberspace and, through the power of the Holy Spirit, they can hear us speaking in one language which they understand, so that they can see the glory of God. It is available to us. So now, here is the trick A hundred and twenty people gathered in the upper room, speaking in the different languages, but they are speaking languages that other people can understand. This means that if we are going to reach out into the cyberspace, we must learn the language of Twitter, we must learn the language of Instagram, we must learn the language of, and we must learn so that, when we speak, they hear the glory of God, but in their own. You know, christians, we have our language. We have our language. Now, when we speak our language, it will glorify us, but when we speak their language, they will hear the glories of God and the majesties of God in their own language. That's the challenge that we have, because we praise the Lord, people, god is good all the time, and all the time God is good. Pastor, I even heard you put on your goggles that one. I've never heard that one before. We need to speak the language of the world so that we can tell them the glories and majesty of God in their language. It is the only way to reach the cyberspace. So in the cyberspace is the new social melting point, the social connectivity. Have you noticed that people go into the cyberspace, in the social media, and somebody says I can't sleep. Have you ever seen such posts? Yes, that, and there are 7,000 likes. Am I the only one? Somebody has just said I can't sleep. There are 7,000 likes. Now, you don't know what people like. Is it that I like that you don't sleep, or am I identifying with you that I also am not sleeping, or I don't know when I post there? Jesus loves you. How many likes? Two from Christians, isn't it? Sometimes none. Jesus went to the cross and died for you. None. Just say I didn't sleep last night. 10,000 likes. It means, therefore, you need to know how to post that Jesus loves you in a manner that connects with a person that did not sleep. Are we together? Yes, that's what God did on the day of Pentecost, that these people were glorifying God, but the people who were listening were hearing it in their own language. The power of the Holy Spirit, so that we are posting what did you call that thing Empowered. Our posts are empowered when it lands there. There are 10,000 likes. But there are people who want to know how do I know Jesus? I know a Lord Now, not the Lord. I know a Lord. This Lord is a friend of ours. Met with him in many forums. He actually was born in Kenya. He's a UK Lord, gifted man with a lot of money, but at this point I think he's going into 89 or 80, something going towards 90, but he has the mind of a 16-year-old. His focus has been on how to reach the world through media, especially the internet. So several years ago, when AI was just starting, so he touched a few young people and said how can we reach the world through AI, artificial intelligence? And so these young people went to work and came up with a bot and this bot was posted on the internet on the most visited sites. Do you know the most visited site on the internet? Highest visited pornography? Those are the most visited, so it tells you how our field is. So they created these bots. You know those things that pop up when you get into the cyberspace and before you see what you want to see, it has come to your face and say click me, click me, click me, click here. So they created a bot that is like that and they put them in the most visited sites, which one of them is, of course, like pornography. So when a person clicks onto those sites, this thing pops up and, depending on which site and which space you are in and which location you are in the world, it comes up with a message that would be of interest to you. So it's like it almost determines why you have come to that site and say something that is relevant to you, and you know how those things are tempting. You almost forget what you went in for and you click on this. You click on this and it begins to lead you to Jesus Christ until salvation Through artificial intelligence. So he was telling us. He came to us. We were meeting in Ethiopia and he was scared because they developed this bot and now set it to just test it. So when they tested it, within the first one hour, 600,000 people had clicked on it and gone to salvation. Within one hour, 600,000 people who are going into dangerous sites had been led into Jesus Christ, and they had worked it such that it also goes into discipleship and everything. So these are not just people who raise up their hands and then disappear. He was so scared they withdrew. Because they say is this a legitimate way of leading people to Jesus? Because it was just too fast. That's been developed and it is working. Where are the young people of our time? Because I said in Ethiopian I say it again a time is coming, pastor, that you will call for this revival meeting. You and I may not be around, I hope, and nobody will turn up this happening in Europe. Buildings like this are turned into museums and things Nobody's interested. Do you know that even now, there are people who have not yet come back from COVID lockdown? They are still watching online. They are still afraid of COVID-19. So how do we get into the cyberspace? It is a place of information accessibility. People are going there for information. It's a place of economic transformation. It is a place of cultural revolution. It's a place of entertainment evolution. Do you know that the cable TV is soon going to be out of business? Those people who are in cable TV where you have to subscribe so that you can watch news, you are going out of business. Now you can watch news on YouTube for free and the good thing is you can rewind and to end the new day the way I used to run upstairs to our TV room when it gets to nine so that I can catch the news. These days, we just talk, we finish and then I go to my TV room and put on news at my own time and I can rewind. I can skip the adverts, I can skip people I don't want to hear, isn't it? Yeah, it is true. That's the world we are going into and I've been telling pastor here knows, I told our pastors in Iyike we have to change our game, because the audience these days is not captive anymore. If you are coming here and making noise, blablabla, rolling on the floor and doing all kinds of things, and somebody is sitting there, is this worth my time Next Sunday? They are not coming, they are listening to TDJX, they are going to Australia attending service and they will give their offering there too. So, unless we pull up our socks, even our congregation is disappearing and we have to be in that space and do our work and do it well. That goes for everything. So the cyberspace is a game changer. It's a game changer. Why is this thing turning red? It is what it did. The same on you. Yeah, it's turning red and I have no started preaching. That was introduction. I will come back next time to finish. So let me just quickly say what I think we need to do If we are going to do this thing and reach these spaces. We have, the harvest is there. The harvesters are few, but the few of us who are there, we need to be very strategic. Second Corinthians, chapter 4, verse 18, says therefore, since through God's mercy of this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways. We do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly, we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The God of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so that they cannot see the light of the gospel, of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ and ourselves as your servant. For Jesus' sake. For God who said let the light shine out of darkness, made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ, but we have this treasure in jars of clay so that this also passing power, rather to show that this also passing power is from God and not from us. We are heart pressed on every side, but not crushed, perplexed but not in despair, persecuted but not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed. So what are the lessons we can get out of this text? Let me just run through some of them very quickly, because this is now familiar territory for most of us. If we are going to reach this new space that I've talked about whether it is children, the city or the cyberspace our conviction must be radical. Women and women today will follow anyone who seems to know what they are talking about. Let me repeat that Men and women today because there are so many fake people they will follow anyone who seems to know what they are talking about. I have told people that I would like to know what Pastor McKenzie was telling his people. To convince a person to die is not easy. What still? To convince a person to die slowly is not easy. For you to die of hunger. You die slowly over time. Many of us would give up, pastor, I don't know about here, but in our church, when we call prayer and fasting, if we get just a group here, we thank God. So I don't know what Pastor McKenzie was telling these people. People will follow anyone who seems to know what they are talking about. That's how cults grow faster than truth. That's how terrorists recruit people. People are willing to blow themselves up with bombs and the person telling them whatever they are telling them is convincing. If we are going to reach these people, our conviction must be radical. We must show that this gospel is real and it is demanding, so that those people who enlist themselves are radical. Young people are looking for people on fire. They are looking for people who are not wishing to wash it. You know, it depends. No, they are looking for someone who seems to know the more difficult it is, the more serious the demands, the greater the following. We say it doesn't matter, you will just go to heaven. They will not go. Our conviction must be real. Our lives must be real. Time does not allow me. Our message must be relevant. All these are picked from the text that we have read. Time has run out on me. The thing has turned red. So radical In our place. We don't have those things. We go as the spirit leads. Our message must be relevant. This is what I've been talking about. How do we talk to children? How do we talk to the upper night? How do we speak in the cyberspace? Our message must be relevant. Just Jesus died for you. You will not get likes. How do you put that same message in a way that you get a thousand likes, in a way that you get people to listen? That is the challenge that we have. And number four, our faith must be resolute. Our faith must be resolute. In other words, paul says this thing that we have believed, we are ready to die for it and even if we are dying on the outside, on the inside we are continuing to live. The Christian of today does not want that. So, brothers and sisters, ladies and gentlemen, allow me to stop there. I've just mentioned those points. But this is the way that we are going to reach out to the harvest of the 21st century, into the field that is so ripe, that is waiting for us, and I want to thank the past succumbent leaders in this closing section.
Speaker 2: I want to say a few words. Bishop, I was tempted to ask the media team to turn that thing into green and it is now green. What a message. What a word Jesus said in John chapter four, when he was talking to the disciples. He says lift up your eyes, the harvest is ripe, it is ready. You say four months until the harvest, but it is ripe right now. And just like Bishop has talked about the field, the child, the city and the cyberspace, it is just ripe. And he has given us those handles. Our conviction must be radical, our lives must be real, our message must be relevant, our faith must be resolute. As we come to this moment and I know as the Holy Spirit was speaking through him you began to place yourself in the various categories he was mentioning. You also began to realize that there are certain things that are not happening in your life. Your convictions are not radical, your lives are not real, your lives, your message is not relevant, your faith is not resolute. But we have come to a place of decision and I believe the Holy Spirit is setting us up to make a difference in the world that he has given us, the world he says for God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. The task before us is awesome, it is exciting, and no wonder, like he said, it required the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on disciples who had not even gone beyond their village. Hello, to have a global impact, he says. You shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in Judea and in Samaria and to the ends of the earth. As we stand together tonight, we want to make those decisions. I'll ask us to stand in Jesus' name and we're going to make decisions of how do we reach the child, how do we reach this city and our cities and those watching online? How do we reach the cyberspace? Hallelujah, and I'm telling you, jesus is coming back very soon, and sometimes he's delaying, bishop, because some of these things are not happening, and he's just delaying and he's saying I'm not ready to come, I'm not ready to come, my children are doing absolutely nothing, or whatever they are doing is not making sense. I really got amused, bishop, when you talked about that statement that somebody just sent out and said I'm sleeping, I'm asleep. Oh, I'm not sleeping. And they had so many likes. Now, when Pastor Ambrose sends out a Holy Ghost empowered word and there are no likes. They're wondering how. May God help us. I would like to encourage you, and not just encourage you. Ask you to read those scriptures. Bishop just mentioned second Corinthians, chapter four, verse one to eight. Read it and read it again. This is a revival season. God is dropping certain messages in our hearts, positioning us to make a difference. Some of you are already making decisions what you're going to do and those decisions you've already decided in your mind even as the word of God was going, as we pray. I want you to begin to just pray and say Lord, that word, that bishop spoke and you spoke through him. I want to stand that ground. There's a verse in the Bible that says in Joshua, chapter one, verse three every place your foot treads upon, I've given it to you, as I promised my servant Moses. God is giving us that cyberspace, particular ones, where you can step in, and God is saying if you step into that space, I've given it to you as I promised my servant Moses. And of course, you know when Joshua actually went out. They met giants and in those spaces are giants. But God has given you those spaces and so I will ask the worship team to just begin to, as the Lord leads, make where you're sitting standing, a prayer altar and just begin to ask and tell the Lord. Lord, you have spoken to me tonight. You have spoken to me tonight. My convictions are not where they are. My life is not where it is. My message, in fact, I don't even have a message. My faith is so weak. Let us make where we are standing, where, if you're online, where you are, an altar between you and the Lord, and begin to make a prayer, and that will be guiding us even as we come to a close of this service. Worship team, just lead us in a moment of just a song, as we pray and allow God to speak to our hearts. He's already spoken.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Jesus. Join the worship team.
Speaker 2: Yes, lord, make it a prayer.
Speaker 4: It's a prayer that.
Speaker 2: Father, we worship you. I don't know what the Lord is telling you tonight. We cannot do it, lord, but the Lord is our portion, we need it. The Lord is our portion, we need it. Jesus. We want to take a moment to just respond to this message. Jesus, jesus, yes, maybe tonight you want to tell the Lord. I want my convictions to be radical and that's the part you picked. I want my conviction to be radical For somebody else. I want my life to be real. There's somebody else who is saying I want my message to be relevant, but there's somebody else who is saying I want my faith to be resolute. And you know, god sees you and sometimes you say this is just in my heart, it's just between me and God. But sometimes God wants you to take a step. And we have leaders here, we have pastors and decons among us who are standing in front here and maybe you'd like to step away from your bench and come to them and just say this is the part I'm picked and I want to say pray for me. Yesterday one of the pastors said when people were becoming here to be prayed for he said there was a boy who came and said and the pastor said what have you come for? What do you want to pray for? And he said I want to have a great birthday, I want to have a good birthday. Now that pastor just fell to let it down because this was not something that the Holy Spirit has to convict it to have a good birthday, but for that boy, that was the breakthrough. I don't know what part of your life may not even be part of the things I've said, but by stepping forward, like the Bible says, if two of you agree concerning a matter or nothing, it shall be done by my Father in heaven. There is something God wants you to do that you have to step out. Maybe it is salvation. Maybe through the week you have come, not saved, but suddenly you're saying I want to be born again, I want Jesus into my life. I want you to take that step as we sing that song one more time. Now, this is your moment.
Speaker 4: Shansa'ero yaguna kuni para habili Mitha ni senwangi mi ta ni senzangiya Hancong abu ma cmah na gabu na mute tia weren'tar다 gonna have. Thank you, holy Spirit, thank you Jesus. Yes, lord, thank you for yes. Thank you Jesus.
Speaker 2: We are making this prayer. I want to ask you and I know I'm not just asking you to go- we have been given three fields. Thank you for that child, jesus, with our eyes open, how many of you are asking the Lord to lead you into that field? The child, the child, because we are going to pray for that field. Thank you, the child, thank you, lord, we are going to pray for that field. It came so clearly that the child is a battlefield. The child Put your hands down. What about the city? Just lift up your hands, because God is going to use you to reach your city. She is the same, thank you. You may put your hand down. What about the cyberspace? Amen, let us ask the Lord of the harvest to thrust his harvesters into this harvest field. Holy Spirit, you have seen these hands. And, lord, the Word has come that the child is a great harvest field. And, lord, you say it in Matthew 9 when you are talking to the disciple the harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few. And Lord, those hands that went up are saying I want to take that harvest full of the child. And, dear Lord, there are others who say they want to go into the harvest of the city. There are urban centers and we are in that city and Lord, give us the wisdom and the grace to enter that space. And then, lord, tonight, even those online have just said they want to enter the cyberspace Now. Holy Spirit, you whom God said you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, when you had gathered all these men and women from different nations and they had the Word of God spoken by the Galileans in their own language. And, like the bishop says, we have to learn the languages of the world that we may communicate the wonders of Jehovah. Tonight, as these hands went out, jehovah, god, they are saying we are those people. Empower us to reach out to the child's harvest, to the city harvest and to the cyberspace harvest. And just like you told Joshua many years ago that every place your food trades upon, I've given it to you, as I promised my servant Moses, and no one shall stand against you all the days of your life. And then you said so, be strong, encourage us, for I am with you wherever you go. And then you reminded Joshua that this book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth. You shall meditate on it day and night, that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it, for then you shall make your way prosperous and you shall have good success. And, dear Lord, indeed we need wisdom, for the Bible says by wisdom. A house is built by understanding, it is established by knowledge. Its homes are filled with precious treasures. Give us your wisdom as we enter these spaces. Give us your understanding as we enter these spaces. Give us your knowledge as we enter these spaces. May we be like the disciples who, when they had gone out, they just saw so much miraculous things happening and they said we even saw Satan Driven out of many people's lives. And then Jesus says don't just be excited about that, but be excited that your names are written in the book of life. God, these are your people, they are those online and, dear Lord, now may that presence, that infusion of the Holy Spirit go forth now in a revival mode. And we are the ones, god, you are going to use. Use us. It was thought provoking, lord, when Bishop said that this boy asked the told the parents what is church. What is church? Help us, oh God, that nobody in our families makes that statement, that Lord will know how to bring this gospel to our immediate neighbor and to those who are far off. So tonight, ladies and gentlemen, this is an altar place that, including myself, we are placing ourselves before God. We are saying, oh God, here we are, send us into those spaces, and Bishop just mentioned three of them, and there could be even more. But those categories are very key in this season and time when the lives of our children are being compromised because of the messages that coming all across, taking them captive while they are still young. Oh God, help us. Help us to know how to begin from tonight To make our convictions radical, to make our lives real, to make our message relevant and to make our faith resolute. Why don't you just thank God because he's already answering your prayer? Hasn't God been good tonight? Why don't we celebrate the bishop and just the opportunity he had coming tonight? Amen, amen and for sure, bishop will get another opportunity to bring you back. He said he hadn't finished. In Jesus name, and I will authorize the media team on not just authorizing that when Bishop shows up, don't take anything into the red. Keep it on that green until he finishes. Amen, oh God is amazing. Amen, we celebrate you and we say thank you so much, and even for the spaces that God has placed you in ministry. Now May God just release his grace and his wisdom upon you. In Jesus name, we want to celebrate our worship team today. Amen, bless you, bless you, come on, let's give it a big hand. I'm blessed, amen, amen, thank you, thank you. Thank you, namongo. I was in this year. Enlarge your territory, use you locally and internationally. May God release visas for each one of you In Jesus' name. We go places In the name of Jesus, as you carry the message of Christ in song, burn as if you will Give your neighbor high five for coming. Just tell them I'm glad you came In Jesus' name, amen. And by the way, before I release us, we want to really appreciate sounds of worship. They have come with merchandise and they have adults and kids hoodies, t-shirts, water bottles. You know mugs. You know they have merchandise. They have merchandise. You check it out. But we also have merchandise Hoodies. The other's shared it. We have margues, we have sweat shirts If you sweat. We have Bibles, we have music. I'm telling you we have so many things and we have books and we really want to thank you for just connecting with them and there's what is called a connect tent out there and maybe there's a prayer unit, somebody to pray for you, and you just need somebody to connect. Connect tent is there and please just come and also connect with the merchandise. Our brothers and sisters have come Because, let me tell you this, god speaks to us in many ways, in many ways, so allow God to continue speaking to you. Reverend Tobias, we want you to send our greetings to Dr Gideon Morioki and just we appreciate Cooperative Bank for standing with us tonight. In Jesus' name, amen. Sunday what is happening? I'm saying Sunday what is happening?
Speaker 4: Revival.
Speaker 2: So revival Sunday. And, bishop, the reason why I say they come at seven is because if they come at 10, all the seats will be occupied. If they come late, they'll find people sitting already and now they'll be asking me who can gap on? Barely, I shall take me there, and they create problems, but I know you will come in time, but as if you were, and it's going to be amazing. And just like every day I don't, bishop every day God has just ministered to us, including tonight. You have no idea what God is depositing in the lives of God's people and we really want to say thank you to all of you. We have a cup of tea out there, because the Bible admonishes us in Isaiah 40, verse one Come for tea. Come for tea, my people. So just remember that, as we fellowship, as we have a good time, and tomorrow we will not have any services as they get ready for Sunday, but you can come around, just pray in the field here as we prepare for that great day. Pastor Simon, I hope I have not forgotten anything. Leaders that I needed to mention. We are good, amen. Those who are watching online thank you for connecting and you can go back, just like Bishop said, and you can repeat the message and just go back and scroll back and hear this message again and again, because faith comes by and hearing the word of one thing I would not want you to do, especially those of you online and also each one of us please, as you watch the speakers of the week, do not skip any of them. Banner Sefirah Pastambra's on Monday. Don't skip. Amen On Tuesday, wednesday, thursday. Don't skip, just go through all of them, because our message is relevant Hallelujah Amen, hallelujah, amen, amen, amen, amen. So I want to release us with a prayer and let's just lift up our hands as we prepare to pray.
Speaker 4: B'baba, I'm b'nguling. No shah, no shah, koloakol watu wahu wauhe.
Speaker 2: Wali si wujinalakol I'm on time.
Speaker 4: B'baba, b'baba, w'b'nguling, no shah, no shah, koloakol watu wahu wauhe Wali si wujinalakol I.
Speaker 2: Heavenly Father, as we are released tonight, we say thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, lord, For every part of this service. From that time we began the prayers, the worship, the music, the offering time, the giving. And God, your words, and even at that time of response, lord, I know throughout this service you have ministered to us in various ways and tonight we want to say thank you, we want to say thank you, we want to say thank you, we want to say thank you. And now, Lord, I pray that even as we are released tonight, we shall remember those words that were spoken and brought to our attention that, as we reach out into this harvest, our conviction must be radical, our lives must be real, our message must be relevant and our faith must be resolute. Whether we are reaching out to that child, whether we are reaching out to that city, whether we are reaching out at the cyberspace, o God, go before us because we know that our labor in the Lord will not be in vain. And now, lord, as I bless your people, I want to decree and declare this to them may the Lord bless you. May the Lord make his face to shine upon you. May the Lord be gracious to you. May the Lord do you good. May the Lord watch over your coming in and your going out, your sitting down and your rising. May the Lord be your banner wherever you go. Some trust in chariots and some trust in horses, but we shall trust in the name of the Lord, our God. May this blessing come upon you in a special way, in a special way, in a special way. So may the Lord bless you in the name of the Father and in the name of the Son and in the name of the Holy Spirit. And God's people say Amen, amen, amen. Look at your neighbor, tell your neighbor, surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life and you and you I'm talking to you you shall dwell in God's favor, in God's house forever and ever, and there's nothing the devil can do about it. Now let's give God another big hand to the name of Jesus Christ Jesus. Amen and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. The love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit Be with us now and forevermore in shalom, in shalom.