Speaker 1: Rev Dr Janet Mutinder serves as the National Director of the New Life Home Trust, which is a charitable children's institution that rescues and cares for abandoned babies in Kenya. Before she transitioned to New Life Home Trust, she served for over 21 years at Nairobi Chapel. Her journey into ministry proves her obedience and commitment to God's calling, even when it led into the deep, stormy waters. A journey that led her all the way from Meningai High School to Kapsabit Girls High School. At Kapsabit, her life changed when she encountered God during a weekend challenge organized by students from the University of Nairobi, where she got born again. Her calling into ministry was affirmed when God answered through four signs which she laid out to him to clarify the calling on her life. She later joined the University of Nairobi and her search for a church led her to Nairobi Chapel. At Nairobi Chapel, her passion for ministry deepened as she served in various capacities. She has served as the Youth Pastor, Associate Pastor and Executive Associate Pastor at Nairobi Chapel. At Nairobi Chapel Currently she is the chairperson of the Nairobi Chapel Elders Board and continues to be engaged in other pastoral work. Reverend Dr Janet holds a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Linguistics from the University of Nairobi, a Master of Divinity from Africa International University, a Master of science in organizational development from the united states international university and a doctorate in strategic leadership from regent university. Reverend dr janet is passionate about leadership, development and all matters related to children. She believes in accountability as a key to individuals staying focused and conscious of their actions. She also emphasizes the importance of knowing who has called you and your purpose. She is also passionate about prayer, a passion she picked up at Kapsabit Girls High School. About prayer a passion she picked up at Kapsabit Girls High School. Reverend Dr Janet is married to Dr Tim Mutinda and they are blessed with three children Kevin, Wisdom and Faith, among many other spiritual children that God has entrusted to them. Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for Reverend Dr Janet Mutinda.
Speaker 2: Hallelujah, oh, good evening and praise the Lord. Please have your seats. I was telling Pastor Simon, your media team are ninjas. I don't even know where they got a lot of that stuff, but thank God for the journey of faith that God has walked with me. We are still tapping into the anointing, knowing that the Lord will do exceedingly, abundantly, much more than we could ever ask or imagine of him. I'm so thrilled to be here tonight in the house of the Lord. It is always a great honor for me to share God's word for different reasons, but one of the reasons for me is always that, whatever topic I'm given to talk about, it's usually something that God is teaching me, it's something that God has been talking to me about. When I was asked to come and speak, I was actually at a retreat and we had gone off with our staff and we had a leadership coach with us and one of the things she wanted us to do is to go back and explore and evaluate our spiritual gifts, and so I just gone through that process when I got this topic the gifts of the unbound. So I'm right in the middle of that process myself, and so, as I speak to you today, I want you to know Tuko Pamoja. Okay, as I'm speaking, I'm also speaking to myself. I'm also challenging myself. Forget about all those titles, forget about all those experiences. God is still working and sharpening us. And I remember one of my very good friends. His name is Pastor Omar Joandi. For a long time, I thought I would retire at Nairobi Chapel. That was my one plan. And when God asked me to, god basically said I want to relocate you, but I will still keep you accountable for the spiritual gifts I've given you. They are not only for the office at Nairobi Chapel. Whether I send you and these were God's specific words whether I send you to Mathare Hospital to help in taking care of the people there I'm not a medic and the image that came was Kwoosha Vyombo washing the dishes Even if I send you there, I will keep you accountable for the gifts that I gave you. And I remember Reverend Omar telling me one time and at this point I was not even aware God was going to put me on the road of transition. And Omar asked me Janet, I want you to take a day and we'll go somewhere. You'll sit on one side, I'll sit on one side and let's just pray. And I want you to ask yourself who are you without any titles? Who are you without that church, nairobi Chapel? Who are you without the office that you have at Nairobi Chapel? And we went out for prayer and there were many people and we sat and we processed and I prayed and I was wondering what is this exercise? But then, when we came back, we concluded and I remember Reverend or Dr Omar's words to me he's a medical doctor and God sent him into the pastoral work. And Omar said this to me and I've never forgotten. He said the highest honor, the highest title any of us could ever have is that you are a faithful child of God, full stop. That you are a faithful child of God. Your name is written in the Lamb's book and that you are faithfully walking with the Lord, you are faithfully using the gifts that God has given you. Whether you left school at standard four, whether you have seven doctorates, it doesn't matter that you count yourself or you always weigh yourself on that scale. Am I faithful? And so for me it is such an honor to be here today, and when I joined New Life Home, I thought I'm only going to be there for a year to help the transition from our international founder and I didn't understand what God wanted me to do with babies. In all my time at Nairobi Chapel I'd served every ministry, even worship. You know the BGVs, right, you know the Kaka Mua, you know. But the one ministry I'd never served in is children's ministry. So a lot of my friends tease me and say you are doing time now in children's ministry. So allow me to tell you a little bit about New Life Home Trust before I begin, and this is with the permission of the team, your leaders here. New Life Home Trust. Oh, by the way, I was told that the PowerPoint, it was cut off and the last two weeks have been such intense warfare from illness. Yesterday I could hardly talk. Many things were happening, but I said Tukohapa by fire. So when she just came up on stage and told me the two PowerPoints are not working, I said so mimi ni PowerPoint, tuendele Sawa, just assume it's there somewhere. So New Life was founded in 1994. We just celebrated 31 years and we exist to do three things we rescue, we care and we place. We rescue abandoned and vulnerable babies. Most of them come to us even a few hours old. Number two we commit to care for them as we would our own. We are, unashamedly, a Christian organization and so in our care of children we know the responsibility of care has been given to us by God, that anybody stepping into our doors should know God is here and that this is his work. So we care for them. But, most important number three, we seek to place children in families. We seek to reintegrate them, if we can with their biological families or through foster care, and also through adoption. Since our inception, we now have four homes in Nairobi, kisumu, nakuru and Nyeri and to date we've rescued 2,689 children and 89 children and the most amazing thing for me is that 85% of this and counting in families. Today we do not believe that children should grow up in institution. Even God himself did not say let them grow up in an institution. He said he sets the lonely in families, and so that is what we seek to do. Currently we are taking care of 154 children. 16 of these are children living with very severe special needs in our Kisumu home with very little chance of being adopted. But even there we seek to give them dignity and to care for them as though we were the only family they'll ever have. Now I don't know who needs to hear this today, but adoption could very well be God's plan A for you. Adoption does not need to be a plan B. Our Bishop, oscar Moreu, says that if there's anyone who should adopt children, it is Christians. Why? Because we ourselves have been adopted into the family of God. Once we were rejected and abandoned, but God took us in and we are now accepted. Once we had no name or identity, but now, through adoption, we are the sons and the daughters of the most high. Once we were poor and had no hope, but now we are heirs of the kingdom of God. We are loved, we are accepted, we belong, and as I look around, and I'm also sure through those watching online, I can say with certainty there are many potential adoptive parents here. If you are 25 years and above actually, the law of Kenya says between 25 and 65, you are actually a potential adoptive parents. And I sense, even as I prayed through this, there are some of you that God has actually talked to about adoption. Maybe you even made a commitment, but somehow you have not made good of that commitment, and I pray that this message would be that reminder of those words that God spoke to you. Let us open our hearts, let us open our home to the children who need our love and acceptance. And adoption is not only for couples who are struggling with infertility or miscarriage, even those who are biological children. You too can open your home for one more. We have a table outside. Some of my team members are here would love to talk to you over that cup of tea. Alternatively, you can visit us at New Life Home Trust, lenana. You know, this is just one road from Paki, just down Cotton Road. We are right there on Lenana Road, and we are open seven days a week. You don't need to know me, you don't need to call me, just walk in and we will be so excited to see you. We welcome your support in the work that we do. Please come to the table. We will tell you a little bit about that. Those who would want to support by giving formula to the babies 1,000 shillings helps us to feed one baby with formula. But when it comes to medical issues, that is one of our highest costs, because when a baby goes into ICU, that 1,000 in a few days can be. Raising that dome, the 3 million, the 10 million. Raising that dome, the three million, the 10 million. But again we take a step of faith and we ask ourselves if this was my child, what would I do? We never think about money first. When your child is in need, you rush, you beg, you cry, you pray until that child gets that help. And that is what we do. It really baffles me how many people actually look at us, sometimes with disdain. They're like and you've taken a child for a cochlear implant. You're not a children's home. But I ask, if it was your child and you knew they had the chance to hear, won't you look for that three million? You will be inviting us, you will dance, you will buy, sell things, and so our commitment is to be the front line and the parents for these children and we will do everything we can to be able to cause them to stand. And I always believe, like baby Moses in the Bible, these children, some of the stories and their beginnings in life, some of it is so horrific. And you look at that child who fought, a little baby has fought through all the odds and has survived. And I say, surely the hand of God is upon this child, that God allowed this child to go through that season and God has allowed this child. Surely this is going to be a leader. So at New Life, when we receive babies, everything stops. We all come out, we all as the gate opens. We dance, we sing. Now, some of the moves you are making, I could see them in my head but they were not manifesting in my huku. So I was telling myself I'm preserving my energy for the sermon. But Ukinipata Nyumbani is different. But we sing, we dance, we celebrate, because we know for many of these children they were not received with joy. It's not like the way you are sending texts and everything. It's a boy, it's a boy. So for us, new life begins at the gate. We sing, we celebrate. Then we bring the child to a common area that has become like our little sanctuary chapel and there we pray for the child. We engage in spiritual warfare. Whether there are muindis there, whether there's who there, we engage in warfare, we take authority. We say, in the same way that cord was cut by the doctor, we now cut the spiritual cord, the cord of rejection, any words that were raised against this child. We refute Anything that comes from the line and whatever we cut and new life begins today and we declare it. And then we begin to bless and to pray prophetically over the child and we ask what is the spirit saying? And there are times we call out and we say you will be a leader for the nations, you will be a man of peace, you will be this and you'll be this, and we give them names that are prophetic and that is our first line of ministry. So, karibuni, and when you come, if the Spirit moves, bring the revival even to the children. Now for the topic of today. I was asked to speak about the gifts of the unbound. I love gifts and, as you can see, I came with gifts. There's a reason why the packaging is the same, and I will explain that as we go on in the sermon. I love to give gifts more than I like to receive them, and so I brought gifts and I'm wondering are there people who love gifts here? Moko, moko, moko, as you are looking at this, you're wondering what's inside? All right, let me have a man from here. Medium, medium size, medium, medium, don't doubt yourself, I see several of you here. Mediums, don't doubt yourself, I see several of you here. Mediums, it's okay. It's okay, you're not a medium, but you're a woman. All right, I think this will do. You can open this and there's a reason we open it. Look at what's inside. Don't take anything bad. All right, and there's a reason we open it, alright. Okay, now one of the things we will find out as we go along some of the spiritual gifts God has given us are not for you, they are for others. But you'll understand, given us are not for you, they are for others. Sawa Sasa hi utapata mtu umbariki. But you'll understand as I go on in the sermon. Sawa Unaza fungua uangalie ninini. Waonyeshe kidu moja mbili tatu hapo. Alright, I need two ladies, two ladies. Yeah, don't go to a baby shower carrying sujui gazeti, ninini. We have sorted you. Ladies, don't go to a baby shower carrying suju gazette. We have sorted you. Thank you, please have a seat. All right, the ladies wow, all right. So again, there's a reason why we are saying this. I actually don't know what's in some of the bags. My team helped me. You are here, I can see you. You are here, all right. Hopefully it is befitting. I'm trying to make sure, but even if it doesn't, you can open. You can open. People have sat down and there are free gifts. Okay, thank you. There are people who have more than one gift. You will find out, okay. So, some things you will use. Some things you must bless others. You can rarua the excitement. I don't think you must bless others. You can rarua. You can rarua the excitement. I don't think you can recycle this. Sawa Because of new life. Me, my gifts are for babies. Sawa, sawa, all right, please have a seat. All right. Kuna upande nili sahau, all right. All right, my son, kevin, will come around and just randomly, randomly, anybody you want give them one, believe it or not. All right, randomly, randomly. Now let me ask what is the best gift you've ever received in your life? Think about it. Something that was either new, something that just you feel good when you think about it. It could be a gadget maybe there's somebody here who's ever received a car or or a caplotti maguta, maguta Me. I would like that one. All right. And there are gifts that we are so excited about. But there are gifts you receive and you wonder how am I going to use this one? All right, you know some of those gifts For men. When Father's Day comes, you know what is coming in your bag. What do you guys receive? Socks, oi, uh-huh. What else do you have? Shirts, Uh-huh Okay. Wallets I tried to go for a Gen Z's graduation with a wallet. Yes, me, auntie, janet Ini anini, like two ma pesa kwa simu. But in the gifts we receive, I'm sure you've received a gift that really surprised you. You didn't ask for it, like the ones. Nobody asked me to bring these gifts. You didn't ask for it. Maybe the guy who got the fleece, the hoodie, maybe you're selling, got Ibaridi, but maybe it was exactly what you needed. Well, today we want to talk about gifts, but the gifts we are talking about are not this kind of gifts that you'd buy in a shop. We want to talk about spiritual gifts, gifts that come from God himself, and these are gifts that are not just nice to have. These are things that are essential for you and I as God's children. The gifts of the Spirit are not just for a season. He will not wear that hoodie when it is hot, when the hot season comes, but the gifts of the Spirit are not just for a season. But the gifts of the Spirit are not just for a season, they are not just for a short time. They are for a purpose and we will see that For the building of the church, for shining God's light across the world, a world that desperately needs to see this light. These gifts of the Spirit are very different from any gifts you've ever received. They are gifts that you may not know you need, but they are gifts that will place you in a way that God can use you even beyond your imagination. These spiritual gifts are not meant to be kept away. Maybe somebody who received a packet of diapers may not, may wonder now where am I taking this? And may keep it for a while. But spiritual gifts are not to be kept. They are not to be tucked away, hidden away. They are gifts that are meant to be used, to be put in action, to be stirred up and to be shared for the good of others, gift that you did not know you needed until you got it. The gifts of the Spirit that are given to us you will find out as you continue to use it are exactly what you needed to fulfill God's purpose in his kingdom. And so, as we delve into the word of God today, I want to ask us are we ready to receive the gifts of the Spirit? Are we ready to open the incredible gifts that God has given you or is about to give you? Are we ready to allow the Holy Spirit to choose the gifts he'll give us and for us to submit ourselves to him to be used of him? I want to take us. Pastor Ambrose had three lessons, but we were told revival day one, day two, it gets bigger and bigger. Me, I have seven, the number of perfection. But don't panic, okay, you will find out how they connect. You don't need to remember them At the end of the day. You need to ask yourself only one question. We have prayed about these sessions. I've said Lord, I want everybody, even me, tell me one thing, god, you want me to do. So don't worry about the seven, just open yourself and say Lord, the one thing you want me to take, the one thing you want me to do, lord, connect my heart to that one thing. Sawa, sawa. So what are these spiritual gifts? First, corinthians 12, beginning from verse one, says this now about the gifts of the Spirit. My brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. You know that when you are pagans, somehow or other you are influenced and led astray to mute idols. Therefore, I want you to know that no one is speaking by the Spirit of God. Anyone who, no one, who's speaking by the Spirit of God, says Jesus be cast. And no one can say Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit. There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but all of them and in everyone, it is the same God at work. Now, to each one, the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one is given, through the Spirit, a message of wisdom. To another a message of knowledge by the means of the same Spirit. To another, faith by the same Spirit To another, gifts of healing by the same one spirit. To another, miraculous powers to another, prophecy to another, distinguishing between spirits to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and still to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of the one and same spirit and he distributes them to each one just as he determines. So how do we receive these gifts? Number one and all my seven points have an S. I tried alliteration here Surrender, surrender. And this is important for all of us here. Let's start with the fundamental or foundational truth of surrender and I will put it to you that spiritual gifts are given to those who surrendered their lives to Christ. And you may be here today at this revival meeting, but you've not given your life to Jesus. I want to start with you this evening because God has brought you here for a very important reason. I believe God wants to do a very, very special thing in your life. God wants to use you. Yes, I know, even as I speak, you may be feeling dirty, you may be feeling worthless, there may be shame that we are singing about, but God, god knows you from the beginning to the end. God knows everything about you, and yet he wants you to surrender so that he can fill you and give you the gifts that will help you operate as his child. None of us throws away a cup because it is dirty. Kikombe, you don't throw it away because it is dirty. We wash it, we clean it thoroughly, even if we have to have hot water. Then we wipe it and then we use it. God wants to clean you. It doesn't matter how dirty you feel, it doesn't matter where you have been. Tonight, god is saying I see the sin, I see the shame, I see the dirt, I see the unmentionable things. But I have you in my eye, I have you in my heart and tonight I want to cleanse you, that I can feel you and then use you. So, wherever you are, I want you even in your heart. You don't even need to say it aloud. If you want to, please do. But if you say it, even if you want to say it silently, the Lord hears you and all you need to do is to say Lord, oh, my father, I am here just as I am. I feel dirty, I feel unworthy, I have sinned, I have messedworthy, I have sinned, I have messed up. God forgive me, god, cleanse me, god, renew me, god, fill me with your spirit and Lord, bless me with the gifts of the spirit, bless me with the gifts of the Spirit and God, use me from today that you will do the uncommon things, even through me. If you have said that prayer of surrender, even in those few seconds, I want to tell you you are forgiven. I want to tell you you are forgiven. I want to tell you you are no longer a captive, you are unbound and you now belong to the family of God. Romans 12, 1 says Therefore, I urge you, my brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable or pleasing to God. This is your true and proper worship. Even if you said this prayer many years ago, refuse to be bound, refuse to walk in a spirit of defeat. Tonight, god is reminding us that he came and he set us free. God is reminding us that we must choose a life that is unbound, a life where we are living as a sacrifice to God. I want you to take a posture in your heart of surrender. It doesn't matter if you've known the Lord for 20, 30, even one day, or even a few minutes ago. I want us, through the service, to have a posture of surrender, telling God Lord, I am here. I may know or not know my gifts, but, lord, I am here and I surrender. I surrender that you may use me. Surrendering to the Holy Spirit is a choice. It's an act of our will. It's an act of our trust. Spiritual gifts are not forced on us. God does not force us. They are freely given to those who are surrendered to God. They are freely given to those who want to take this call of God seriously in their lives. Surrender is strength, it is not weakness. And so if you're here and, like we sang, you say, lord, I cannot do this on my own. Even the ministry you've called me to, lord, I cannot do this on my own. Lord, you're calling me to a public ministry, maybe of teaching, but, lord, I am afraid of people. Lord, whatever your excuse, bring it tonight to the Lord and say, lord, I surrender. God has given us gifts. Some of us know our gifts but may not be operating in those gifts, maybe because we are afraid. Maybe you have a gift of teaching, but you come here and you see Pastor Ambrose and Pastor Simon, you're like I can't even dare. No, god wants to begin with you where you are. Do not be afraid, do not be intimidated to use those gifts. Surrender and God will give you everything you need to use those gifts. Don't look at those, the list of gifts, and say I know, don't give me this one, give me that. No, he gives them to us as he has determined. He created us and he knows the gift that best suits you. When the ladies came, I gave them the gifts that best suited them the kahan bags, the nice things, okay. But again, like we see, you'll wonder why did I give the men some of the things that are for babies, but you will see that in a short while. So surrender. Number two the gifts are given for the strengthening of the body. When the gifts of the spirit are given to us, they are not given for our self-glory, they are given for the building of the church, the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12, verse 7 says Now to each one the manifestation of the spirit is given for the common good. When we use our gifts, we are helping to build the church. We are strengthening our brothers and our sisters. We are furthering the mission of the kingdom of God. The mission of the kingdom of God. If we are to be effective in the work of the kingdom, then we must operate in our gifting and then we must operate in unity, working together, because we don't have the same gifts. Some of us may have some of what the other one has, but many times the gift combination may be very different. God has gifted you uniquely and God, when we come together, he's able to take all these gifts and to build something that is bigger than we ourselves could imagine. If you're a teacher, your gift strengthens the minds and the hearts of others. If you have the gift of encouragement. Your words are able to lift up those who are feeling down. If you are a giver, forget that. There's four points to Mefika. If God is telling you, chop another two million, give it for the good of the church. There's no amen here. We said 15 million will be changed. Okay. If you're a giver, your generosity enables the work of the gospel to spread, but when we don't use our gifts, it affects us, it affects the church, it affects the mission of God. I want you to think about the human body. Every part of this body is essential. The heart pumps blood, the lungs breathe air, the hands serve the feet help us to walk. If one part is not functioning well, the whole body is affected. Have you ever hit your small toe? Everything stops. You feel it from here. Another pain, I don't know where, I can't even describe it, and everything in your body shouts sit, sit, okay. Even that little toe that you don't think about. Every part of this body is affected, and the same is true for the church. Each gift, whether it's a gift of teaching, whether it's prophecy, healing, giving, it, is given for a unique purpose For the building up of the body of Christ. This is how the body of Christ works, each one of us bringing in our gifts, talents, resources to build up this kingdom, this community and this mission of God. Nobody is isolated in the kingdom of God. Each one of us, as we will see, has a part to play and all our gifts must come together. God gives to edify the body. The gifts work together and when we do, the church of God thrives. The church of God grows, revival becomes a part of what is happening there. Number three the gifts of the Spirit is not just to surrender. It's not just an issue of strengthening the body, but, number three the gifts are important to showcase the Spirit's power. Matthew 14. Matthew, chapter 5, verse 14 to 16. It says we are the light of the world, and a city on a hill cannot be hidden. Our gifts are meant to shine. Our gifts must not be hidden. Our gifts must showcase the power of God to the world. Though the gifts may seem invisible in the beginning, they are there and they become visible as we begin to operate in this. Gifts. I want you to imagine a light bulb, and I believe those lights work. I mean, I'm sure after we finish those lights will all come on, but right now they don't look like they work. But as soon as the power is switched on that filament that is invisible right now, the electricity will flow and all these lights will shine bright. Similarly, our gifts may seem dormant, may seem not quite shiny, bright shiny, but when we surrender to the Holy Spirit, that power, the same power that raised Christ from the dead, is available for us and God is able to work in us that which none of us could ever fathom. I grew up as a very introverted child. I have my only sibling here and he will tell you that Even till today my mom says you are a very introverted child. And I remember many years ago as a child and my mom would go to meetings like this and she would be serving refreshments and the speakers should always say I want you to be prayed for and we hated that thing. And I remember one time there were visitors from out of the country and my mom, like the women who brought their children to Jesus, insisted. I was not even saved, but I remember that day we were brought to these people and somehow, among the children, they singled me out and I said come. And with my teen emotions I was so upset. I think it would be embarrassing, this is not good. But they said come. And they said I see you speaking and teaching God's word. I was not even saved. God has given you a gift of teaching and God will use this gift. You will stand in platforms across the world. Now, that time I was like a small girl in Nakuru, atta, nairobi, used to be far Okay. And this guy is telling us you will speak in global platforms and God has used that gift. I started with fear and would be so intimidated, but I thank God for our pastor. Pastor Oscar would say today, on Sunday, I have an invitation. Or a month later, I have an invitation to a high school. He came to a point. He told us I have an invitation. Or a month later, I have an invitation to a high school. He came to a point. He told us I'm not preaching in any high school. You guys will be the ones preaching. And they'd be so afraid, would be so scared. He said no, no, no. We have a month to work together. And I remember many times he would sit at the back on a weekday he's the only congregation member and he would sit at the back and he'd say now, preach, preach, and he taught us the act. Right now you can see I'm looking this way. I'm looking this way I actually can't see many people there, but you are feeling like I'm looking at you. So he teaches us some of those things. And, of course, as a young preacher and even any time with a preacher, there may be somebody you don't know maybe they had Puritan before they came to church, they are sleeping, they are not having a good day and many times as a young preacher, you focus. Somebody yawns and you focus like, oh my goodness, I'm boring people and someone starts just going off and I remember he tell us no, I want you to find one person on this side who looks friendly, preach to them, look, and all these people think you are looking at them. Look for one person, look for one person. Look for one person and then he would sit at the back and say project your voice If that mic goes off. I want to hear you and we'll do that for that one person, and we'll do it over and over again and say project your voice If that mic goes off. I want to hear you and we'll do that for that one person, and we'll do it over and over again, and I could never have imagined that I would take a mic and speak not just to one person but even to thousands, and God fulfilled that word, even across the nations. I keep saying I've been to all continents, I've preached to all continents except Antarctica. So Antarctica, here I come After this revival. If you have a friend who knows a friend, know the Kenyan way, tell them Nikoredi. Okay, the Holy Spirit has given us gifts. Let your gift shine. Start small, let it shine, let it shine and as we are faithful in using it, you will see amazing things in that gift. Number four the stirring up of these gifts. We've talked about hiding gifts, paul, of these gifts, we've talked about hiding gifts. Paul, I just Timothy in first Timothy 14, do not neglect the gift that was given to you through prophecy when the body of the elders laid their hands on you. You know, many times we let our gifts go dormant. They're there but we fail to activate them, we fail to stir them, we fail to use them. And there's so many gifts among us tonight that are not being used. But God is saying that fire of revival, let it burn. Whatever it is that has been blocking you from using that gift, that you begin to start that gift. Begin where you are. Again, if it is teaching, start small, small. Preach to a friend, preach to a few people, Go to Sunday school. But don't think you will just slide. It's actually harder. Youth ministry that one is hard. I remember as youth pastors we used to say don't expect your affirmation from the youth. It's just you tell God, I've been faithful. Continue, lord, your word will not return to you void, because sometimes you don't know what people are doing in their gadgets. You don't know. But then, many years later, I remember meeting a young man. He's still my good friend, works with the navigators. That boy subdued me as a youth pastor. He would come, they would disappear. I don't know where they would go. He would not be in the meeting, but as soon as the service is ending they would be there in the parking lot and I'm wondering where were you guys? And I knew their parents. But we said let's pray for these guys. And many years later, till today, I tell him Yanni, you joined Navigators and you became a missionary and you served the Lord. So even there we continue to use our gifts and allow God to do what he will do. Sometimes we'll see the manifestation of those things even years to come. But we must tear up those gifts. Practice, practice If it's teaching. Begin to watch people who are teaching. Begin to practice. Begin to watch people who are teaching. Begin to practice. Begin to read on the gifts that God has given you. Just because God has given you, just begin to find out more. What is this gift about? Who are people who use this gift? How do they use this gift? Begin to practice, practice. Use the gifts. Start them and don't let them become dormant. You know many of us in our kitchens we have so many spices when you go shopping somebody has laughed there, guilty. Okay, what are some of the spices? Not roiko, they are the ones that we put there and then they expire. And then when you are cooking, you don't even know. You just hope it will blend. What are some of those spices? Oregano, oregano. I have had a helper one time who put turmeric in tea, so we all wondered how is this tea yellow? All right, but you know spices. Okay, in a busy kitchen, a good chef has a variety of spices to work with and these spices are powerful. They can change the taste of anything simple, even potatoes. They can change the taste. I remember being in a matatu once and it was at night. We were going to Kisumu and it was the last matatu and this lady I don't know why there were like five people in the matatu. Somewhere in the middle they decided to talk about waru. I won't say where they are from, but Like five people in the matatu Somewhere in the middle, they decided to talk about waru and then the wate. I won't say where they're from, but they started talking about how potatoes are nice Kwanzaa, when you put just kanyanya and kitungu and then you add what Eat, that ka soup. We have never had people talking about potatoes like that. But a good chef, even spices that are powerful and that can change and make food magic if they are not used they will go stale. But when the chef combines them with expertise, these dishes come together and they create something that is so flavorful and complete. And they create something that is so flavorful and complete In the same way. Stir up our gifts together so that we can bring these gifts in faith and obedience. Each of us like the spices and we'll make something with God's help. That is just amazing. Number five God shares these gifts equally, equally. I have some good friends of mine and whenever we meet we say God is fair. You see somebody with long hair long, but then there's something akupewa. And then you see somebody else with nyele dengu. You know those two nyeles that just not not. But the figure, the skin, it's porcelain. And we always look and we laugh and we just say God is fair. Even in spiritual gifts, god is fair. All right, there is no gift that is superior than the other. When I brought these gifts, I put them in the same white packet and I believe when God looks at us, all he sees is these are my children. The gifts in you may be different, like what was in the bags, but we are God's children and to God no gift is superior than the other. Yes, some people may have the privilege to be at the forefront, some gifts may not be for the forefront, they may be in the background, but to God every gift is superior. We live in a world that sometimes make us feel like our value is based on our standing. That, if I have this mic, no, maybe in this team there is somebody who has prayed and fasted for the last 40 days and has no microphone to tell us about it. But they are doing it and we are seeing the movement of the Spirit. We are seeing everything working together but we have no idea. But they are using their gift in the quiet, in the background. God is fair and no gift is superior. 1 Corinthians 12, 14 to 20 reminds us that every part of the body, like we said, is essential. The eye cannot say to the hand I do not need you. No gift is greater, whether your gift is teaching, serving, encouraging, giving. Each gift is equally important to God. Who's the giver? We had the worship team here and sometimes we have the choirs, and there are those who will have the mic to sing the solo and there are those who may never even hear their voices. But we need everybody to be able to get that amazing music and that is what God is saying. We must not view some gifts as more superior than others. We must all know each of our gifts is unique and very important for the building of the kingdom of the kingdom. Every gift contributes, it matters and it benefits the body of Christ. Many of us with the outward gifts that bring you to the forefront, gifts where people see you in action. With some of these gifts, and especially those public ones. Beware of pride. The heart amakao. The heart roho, not kofia. The heart cannot boast At least I said the ha, not the art. The heart cannot boast of being the king of the body, because this little nose and this little mouth, if somebody were to just shut them, there will be no air and eventually the heart that thinks it pumps with life will no longer be able to pump. Pride cannot be a part of the gifts of the Spirit, and this is where the fruit of the Spirit must be activated. Galatians, chapter 5, verse 22 and 23. We know this verse even from kindergarten and it's called the fruit. There are nine aspects of this fruit. As you operate in whatever gift you have, let the fruit of the Spirit be seen. We must see love, we must see joy. It should bring joy to you, to others and even to your father. There should be peace that you're not coming. Who did this? Who put this there? You know quarreling everybody and feeling I can do this by myself. No patience Allowing even those who are beginning to use their gifts to find expression. There must be goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, even self-control that sometimes you can see. I could do it better. But you tell yourself mm-mm. Self-control. But pride must never be seen in the gifts of the Spirit. Remember their gifts. None of us deserved them. We have no bragging rights to any of the gifts of the Spirit. So, each gift, don't look at somebody and laugh at them. Don't look at somebody and put them down because of their gifts. Each gift must be equally honored and must be equally used with humility. The one who's praying and fasting should not come here and say, come and see, mimi, this thing would not even be happening. You can't. We must use it with honor and humility. Number six our gifts secure our purpose. The Holy Spirit helps us to secure our purpose. God created each one of us for a purpose. Jeremiah says even before I was knit in my mother's womb, god knew me and he ordained. He wrote every day of my life, every single day of my life was already ordained by God. There is a purpose that God has for you, for me and for everyone who is here and under the reach of my voice. You have a purpose. In the book of Acts, chapter 2, we remember the day of Pentecost. Remember that great first revival, that when the Holy Spirit descended on the disciples, they received power to speak in tongues and they were able to proclaim the gospel without fear. There are no accidents in the kingdom of God. Each one of us has a very unique divine purpose and calling, and God gives you this gift so that you can be able to live out and fulfill your purpose or his purpose in your life. This building stands because there's a very good foundation here. If this foundation that is not seen was not strong as it is, this building that is about 25 years, would, strong as it is, this building that is about what 25 years would not have been standing. It would have cracks. Nobody would have the faith to sit up there because you don't know what will happen. But there is a foundation and God, too, has given us a solid foundation in him. 1 Timothy 4.12 tells us not to neglect the gifts but to find, to flame these gifts that are in us. It takes effort, but God has already laid the foundation. It takes effort for us to keep our gifts alive and active. We must be diligent in seeking God's presence, faithful in serving, even in difficult circumstances. We must stay and remain resolved to using the gifts of God, to serving him faithfully. I just remembered an illustration my brother shared many years ago. We grew up in the Salvation Army Church and you know, you wear white, and so this lady, my brother, was upcountry. It had rained and the soil is red, it was muddy, and this lady had her uniform, her Bible, and she was singing as she was going to church, singing faithful, and then she slid and fell in the mud. I don't know if he remembers it, but he tells me she sat in the mud, she looked up in the sky to God and she said she looked up in the sky to God and she said God, it is me, you've done this to Even that church. I'm not going. And she stood up and she turned. Many times when we go through challenges, when we go through discouragements and you ask God, I have served you, I have yielded, I have done war and you've done this to me, even these gifts, I'm not going to operate in them. No, we must remain steadfast in our service to God. The Holy Spirit does not give us gifts for one season, like we said. He does not give us gifts for one season, like we said. He does not give us gifts for one moment. God wants us to be faithful in all seasons, in the rain, in the sun, in the valleys, in pastures, green. God wants us to remain steadfast. It takes effort and we must keep encouraging ourselves, knowing that God, who's the rewarder of all good things, he will come In his due time. He will come Even in the hardships, in the hardness of life. God will come and that we must remain faithful and steadfast. As a gardener, if you are to plant, or a farmer, you plant seed. You don't now go away and say let the seeds come up. No, you have to do the work of watering, you have to do the work of weeding, you have to do the work of tending that, so that there will be a bounty harvest. Similarly, we must tend our spiritual gifts, cultivate them in prayer, cultivate them in faithfulness, cultivate them in consistency, one day after another, one season after another. And, like the Bible says to those who remain faithful in using their gifts and you continue to do that, there is a promise Proverbs 18, 16,. A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great. May, the gifts of the spirit that God has given you. May they open doors for you. May you enter spaces you'd never have imagined yourself entering. May your gifts, usher you into places and before great people. May you never serve in obscurity. May you stand in places where everybody will stand and ask how did she get there? But that favor we talked about, that steadfastness, may this be your portion in the name of Jesus. May this be your portion in the name of Jesus. As I conclude, in the hustle and bustle of this life, and especially in Kanairo, in the hustle and bustle, the quick pace, the high demands, the hustling, you know that mentality you're always co-carrying. It is very easy, in that hustler thing, if you put yourself in that place, it's very easy to forget that you have been given amazing gifts by the Holy Spirit and you must never forget that. And I'm reminding us today. If you don't know your gifts, I want you to find your pastors. Come and say help me, go online, get some bundles, go online, go and do a search of spiritual gifts, do an assessment, ask your friends what are things I do? Well, what do you sense God has gifted me in? We must stop the mentality of hustling and always feeling like we don't have, always feeling like we are beaten down. But we have amazing gifts of the Spirit and once we begin to use them. If we tend them, they will bring us before great people. I pray that each of us who's here tonight, that it will disturb you enough to find out what is my gift. I know there's some people who don't know what their gifts are, but that's okay. You're in the right place and this is the beginning. And before this revival ends, do everything you need to do to begin that journey and at least identify one, two and the amazing thing I really believe this God has not given just one gift to us. He's given you a multiple gift mix. Begin to find what those gifts are. Before the end of this revival, I want us to take a look at ourselves and ask what are some of the spiritual gifts that God has given me? But I have not engaged them, maybe because of fear. Maybe I feel intimidated, maybe I feel I can't speak. Maybe it is the gift of giving. But, god, let me sort myself first. What is it that is keeping you from that gift? And I want us to come before the Lord in confession and say Lord, forgive me. You have given me amazing gifts, but I've left that gift. It has just been sitting there. I've not even bothered to do much. All I did is look at it, but I never bothered to do anything about that gift. And then come and surrender before the Lord and say, lord, here I am, even in this revival. What is a revival without us going out and then now engaging and doing what it is that God has given us? Revival is not contained in this church, in this building. Revival is what will happen in you and what you'll go out to do. It is those gifts of the Spirit being stirred. It is us taking the courage to step into places we would never have stepped in before. It is us saying, lord, here I am, send me, lord, use me Lord, fill me, lord, you have given me this gift. But I come and surrender and say, lord, help me to use this gift. It is us saying where I am today, lord, when we come to revival season 12, I will come and say look what, god, I have done with the gifts that you have given me. May the gifts of the Holy Spirit rise in this place. May the gifts of the Holy Spirit that have remained on dormant. May the fire of the Holy Ghost, the fire of revival, come and burn. Whatever it is that is hindering you from using those gifts. If it is fear, burn it. If it is intimidation, whatever it is, if it is shame, we sang and we said even that, shame, it will turn around for good for you that you will stand and speak. None of us, even who hold this mic, can say it will turn around for good for you that you will stand and speak. None of us, even who hold this mic, can say it is my effort, I have been 100% holy. No, all the gifts is by the grace of the Lord, that every time I have to say Lord, I take on not my rights, not my authority, not my goodness, but, lord, clothe me with your grace, clothe me with your mercy, clothe me with your favor, clothe me with everything, and I step in into this space to do what you want me to do, and only for your glory and for the good common good of what? Of the church. Pastor Ambrose, please come and pray for us even as we begin to engage in this spirit. The spirits of the Holy Spirit, the gifts of the spirit are not old school, you know. Sometimes we've done spirit, spirit like uh-uh. They're for every generation and I pray that, whatever your generation, whether you are Gen Z, whether you are even the alphas in the house that each of us will find our gifts and that we'll turn this world upside down because we have taken the bold step to use the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 4: Amen, amen. Come on, let's give God a big, big, big hand. Now you are clapping for a chief. Now clap for the King of Kings. Amen. We celebrate God's servant for sharing so simply and clearly and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt seven things at least you have picked one Amen. And Pastor Simon, it seems that in this revival we're like in a Bible school God is teaching, god is affirming his word, and it is that word, when it is taught and it begins to ingire into your blood, that revival is released in a powerful way. I want us to stand on our feet. Reverend Janet, thank you for your faithfulness in ministry through these many years, to the glory of God. One of the things she began to say about the gifts is surrender, and I think tonight one of the things she began to say about the gifts is surrender. And I think tonight one of the things you must do and it is a choice is surrender. For some of us it is surrendering ourselves to Jesus, because these gifts are spiritual gifts. They are given to those who are in the body of Christ, because it is in that body that those gifts will function. And I want to pray that if you're here and you've never surrendered your life to Christ, you may not come in front, and some of you may come in front, but it is just that act and a choice of saying, hey, I need to surrender, and oh, maybe you surrendered many years ago and then you took off and went, did you wear? But tonight you're saying I want to acknowledge before God that I'm surrendering and so we are not going to make you stay here for long, because there's another gift that we want to give to you, and it's the gift of a cup of tea. Now you better smile, because that gift is not supposed to remain here. I gave my life to Jesus at the age of 16. I was not in a service, I was in the house reading a booklet somebody had written, and I thank God for that. Somebody who wrote, because they had a gift of writing, and that gift was shared with me and alone in my house, my father's house, I began to read the scriptures and Jesus Christ touched my life. Who knew at that time that this young man reading that book, giving his life to Christ, would one day stand before God's people and preach the gospel? Who knows what your gift is about to do? And it all starts by surrender. And so I want to pray, and as I pray, if you sense in your heart that you're one of those people who just needs to surrender, either surrendering your life to be saved or just saying I've never used my gifts. But today I want to surrender myself to God that these gifts will be activated. Those are the people I want to pray for and so, very simply, we are going to just thank God and bless Him for the gifts. We're going to sing this song because of the gifts that he has given us and as we sing that chorus, whether you're upstairs, there are people who are standing there, step to them and just say I'm here, pray with me. I'm surrendering my life for Christ or I'm surrendering to God because I want my gifts that he has given to me to be utilized in this season of revival and beyond.
Speaker 5: Amen, amen to be utilized in this season of revival and beyond. Amen Satsang with Mooji Asante tua sema, asante tua sema. Asante ewe mungu.
Speaker 6: Bokeh asi faze tu bana.
Speaker 4: Before we continue singing. Now you take that step, step forward. Some of you are born again, but you don't know your gifts. Step forward. The Bible says stare up, stare up, stir up, do something, so step. The people in the altar call are standing there waiting for you. They'll just pray a very short prayer of agreement with you, but take that moment to just say Lord, here I am. Those watching online you can just place a message online. Somebody will get in touch with you because something good is about to happen to you again. I'm giving you an opportunity. Step out, step forward.
Speaker 5: Tuasema, asante, tuasema, asante, tu asema, asante, tu asema. Asante.
Speaker 6: Tu asema Asante. Thank you Asante. Hewe mungu aku Hakuna mungu kamawewe, Hakuna mungu kamawewe. Hakuna mungu kamawewe. Thank you. Hakuna mungu kama wewe, hakuna mungu kama wewe, hewe mungu kama wewe.
Speaker 4: When Reverend Janet was here, she talked about surrender yourself to the Spirit, and the gifts are for your strengthening and strengthening the body of Christ. They are to showcase the Spirit's power. Stir up those gifts and let them shine. Share the gifts. The Spirit shares these gifts equally. No gift is better than the other one because they serve Christ and His body. Those gifts secure our purpose and seven. They give us steadfastness in service. This has been an amazing evening. So look at your neighbor and tell your neighbor yes, come on, give God a big hand. Just ask your neighbor briefly do you know your gift? Wait for an answer. Let them answer you. Somebody is saying my gift is mixing spices. I really loved that. That was amazing, because that's the illustration that these gifts cause something that was so kawaida to become amazing. Tell your neighbor, if you know your gifts, develop them, then tell them. If you know your gifts, develop them, then tell them. If you know your gifts, activate them. And then tell them, if you know your gifts, celebrate it. Celebrate one another's gifts. Amen, amen, amen. The gift of worship that came today. We celebrate that gift, amen, amen. Just like Reverend Janet said, some of the moves that were being made for us. We were imagining them Because our time for that energy hallelujah, it passed. But we thank God for your ministry. God bless you big time. God bless you, guys, big time. We celebrate you in Jesus name, amen, amen, amen. Something Reverend Janet mentioned at the beginning is celebrate children. Let us celebrate all the children in the house today, amen. And she talked about adoption. I don't know if that passed some people. It lingia apa ike enda. You know there are sometimes people who get married after one year, no child. Another year, no child. Third year. Now we are praying seriously and very hard and of course pastors pray Same way you pray for people to get babies, and sometimes God looks at us and says there are so many babies who need mothers and fathers, and those fathers and mothers are standing next to us. So look at your neighbor, ask your neighbor have you ever thought of adopting children? Somebody just said Shindwa and so, like Reverend said, there's a table out there for information that you can get. Visit New Life Place. I'm saying it is amazing, just visit, even if you don't want anything. Just pass there and release a blessing. I really liked what she said, that when the children come through the gate, they celebrate those children and then they begin to do spiritual warfare. They cut links of the enemy from that child and bring up that child. And we thank God that there are couples here who have adopted children, though they had their own children. And so may the Lord continue to speak to us. Tell your neighbors spirit-led discernment, hallelujah. In a moment I'll be praying, but I want to remind us of this pack. We were saying each one, reach one, get a pack, share it out, because this is a season. We are not holding a revival here, we are sharing it out with people. One of the gifts I have is the gift of writing, and so I've written books, and one of the latest one is Inspiring Leaders Hallelujah, inspiring Leaders. And I really appreciate this gift. And there's a young man who gave me a gift and I want to give him a gift now. Come up here, come this way, hallelujah. Remind me your name, your name, kevin, kevin. Now this book is called Inspiring Leaders for Effective Service. Are you one of those leaders? You don't know? Thank you for being honest. Thank you, you don't know. Thank you for being honest, but, like Reverend said, if you don't know, you can research, you can find out. So this book is from Pastor Ambrose and I'm giving it to you so that you remember you gave me a gift. I'm also giving you mine, okay, okay. So just receive it and I want to bless you. May God bless Kevin. May Kevin rise to be mighty in the land. May his boundaries be open. May he be blessed to be a blessing, lifted to lift others up to the glory of God, and there's nothing the devil can do about it. God bless you, amen. So today is a day of giving gifts. Somebody says who can eat a two mimi? If you want a book like that, it is at our bookstore and you can get one Hallelujah. So celebrate your neighbor and give them a high five, tell them thank you for coming, amen. And so I want us now to pray and as I'm praying, let God activate that gift. And once I've said amen and our visitors are leaving, we're going to ask this amazing team to pick up the praise and the energy. Amen and let's celebrate. Just come here, because we've never met up the praise and the energy he got from our part here. Amen and let's celebrate. Just come here, because we've never met. We are meeting today. This pastor wants to bless you. Thank you, lord. Heavenly Father, the Bible says that in the last days I'll pour my spirit upon all flesh. Your sons and daughters will prophesy and, lord, this young man is prophesying through song and through dance and through worship and through celebrating your holy name and as I bless him, I bless his team that, god, there's a door that you're opening for this young man. Right now he's not even aware of it, but, god, you have already set that door open. It's a door of ministry, it's a door of service and, father, I just want to say thank you, my brother. I want you to know the Holy Spirit is setting you up for destiny that is coming up. Spirit is setting you up for destiny that is coming up Because you came to Parkey. God is going to bless you in a big way. So position yourself as you worship God, as you celebrate Him, as you cause others to worship and dance before the Lord. The world will celebrate you. The world will celebrate you, my brother. Father, we just want to say celebrate you, the world will celebrate you, my brother. Father, we just want to say thank you, lord. I release this favor, upon my brother and upon his entire team that, in the name of Jesus, they shall live to tell the story that indeed, you came through for them. They were singing that song that God will give us a turnaround. And, father, I believe that many lives tonight are going to experience a turnaround, in the name of Jesus Christ. So, lord, here is your servant. Take him to the next level, to the glory of your name. Receive this blessing in Jesus' name, amen, amen. So lift up your hands as we command this blessing. Father, tonight we have celebrated, we have danced, we have praised, we have worshipped and, dear Lord, we have received your word so clearly communicated that, lord, we must know our gifts, we must develop our gifts, we must activate those gifts and we must celebrate not only our gifts but other people's gifts, because their gifts bless us and our gifts bless them. And so tonight I pray for any person here who does not know their gift. Father, by the power of the Holy Spirit, may you begin to speak to them. The Bible says call unto me and I will answer you. I will tell you great and hidden things that you do not know. So, holy Spirit, come upon your people tonight and, dear Lord, I pray for those who now know their gifts, that they will develop those gifts, they will activate those gifts, even starting to use them in a small way. Some of them may not have a big platform like this. Some of them may not be seen, they may be in the background, because some gifts are for the background, others are for the front desk, others, lord, are to help others to move forward. Whatever gift it is, lord, may it tonight be activated in the name of Jesus Christ. And, dear Lord, as we activate it and people begin to enjoy our gifts, may we celebrate what God is doing in each one of us to the glory of your name. So, jehovah, here is your people. They are lifting up their hands to you saying Lord, here I am, use me, here I am, fill me, fire me, stir me up that I may glorify your holy name. So, father, thank you for tonight. I know this is the second day of revival and revival is in the house. And tomorrow, lord, we are here at 530 because you're going to continue ministering to your people in ways they cannot imagine. And tonight, even as we begin to leave this place, that God, the grace that is, abounds and the blessings of God that abound will carry us back home to our various destinations. And, father, thank you, it's a blessing. The spirit that is in the house is an amazing spirit and we want to give you the praise and we want to give you the glory. And, father, we also want to thank you for the gift of tea that, lord, we can enjoy that fellowship with one another on our way home. May your name be glorified. Thank you again for the worship team that came today to lead us. May you bless them, expand their territory and, lord, continue to use them in greater ways than they have ever been used before. Father, we say thank you. If you believe what I have prayed and stood with you for, you better say I receive it, I take it, it is my portion and there's nothing the devil can do about it. Now give God a big, big, big hand.
Speaker 6: Amen Amen.
Speaker 4: Now look at your neighbor and tell your neighbor, Atutalala apa, those watching us online. God bless you. You guys, please come and usher us as we celebrate God's goodness.
Speaker 1: Karibu nisan and God bless you. Revival, season 11 and Bound Dominion Hashtag Startup.