Speaker 1: Rev Jesse Mwai is a senior pastor at Christ is the Answer Ministries, sitam, in Nairobi, kenya. He currently serves as the senior pastor of SITAM Valley Road and as the regional overseer of the SITAM North Region. He was born into a Christian family and at the age of seven he decided to accept Christ into his life through the witness and encouragement of his father. While attending the university and studying Comas to pursue a career in the marketplace and entrepreneurship, he felt a strong calling to Christian pastoral ministry. With guidance and support from his pastors, reverend Dennis and Esther White, he eventually answered the call and enrolled in seminary. He has served as a pastor for 22 years at SITAM in various roles, including as a youth pastor at SITAM Gong. In the last 15 years he has served as a senior pastor at SITAM Gong, sitam Buruburu and SITAM Karan. Reverend Jesse Mwai is an honors graduate of the Pan-African Christian University with a Bachelor of Arts in Theology, and holds a Master of Worship Studies from the Institute for Worship Studies in Jacksonville, florida, usa. Reverend Jesse is a conference speaker both locally and internationally. He is a passionate Bible expositor, preacher, teacher and worship leader. He loves children and youth and has mentored many. He is also involved in leadership development, mentorship and personal coaching. Reverend Jesse is an advocate and champion for functional Christian families. He loves traveling, movies, music and good food. Reverend Jesse is married to Njoki Mwai and they are parents to a 16-year-old daughter.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for Reverend Jesse Mwai. Thank you, that was quite an elaborate introduction, so please be seated. Thank you so much for the honor. I feel greatly honored and I want to first and foremost honor your senior pastor, reverend Ambrose. Thank you so much, and it's great to see you and to see that God is healing you and restoring you, and for that we are so, so grateful. And I know I'm among many, many friends I see so many familiar faces around here and to all of you, I honor you, I respect you and I greet you in Jesus' name, amen. I am accompanied by my wife, who is here. I'm just going to ask that she just stands up and waves. That is my wife and our daughter of 16 years. You know she's only 16. She's 16 years old. I have to make that point because she's a very beautiful girl. So if you just stand up and, yeah, yeah, that is my daughter, amen. And I'm also accompanied by three of my colleagues at Sitam Valley Road. I'm currently the senior pastor at Sitam Valley Road. We have our youth pastor, pastor Precious Cole. That is our youth pastor. And then we have our brother, our Pastor Moffat. Our Pastor Moffat is our visitation and care pastor and Pastor Brenda, our children's pastor. So they heard that I was coming and they said that they didn't want to leave me behind or to just come by myself. So I'm so, so grateful. Thank you so much. And again, just to reiterate, I think, what Pastor Simon has just said, I think this partnership, I think is very important. Partnership between different churches, breaking denominational barriers, I think is an important thing. It is a sign of revival, by the way, that's what it's all about, that we can share pulpits, and recently we had our Pastor Simon over at Seton Valley Road and we shared the pulpit there. I think we've had Pastor Ambrose many times when I was in Seton Buruburu. He also came and did some revival meetings there and we are so, so grateful. The other day I spent was it about a week with Pastor Keniti there in Seoul, korea. You know. So, just this partnership and just working together, I think it's an amazing thing. So you're also very welcome to Seton Valley Road. All right, okay, I didn't come to fish for members, but you're very welcome. You're very, very welcome to also just come and worship and be with us at Sitam Valley Road. Amen. Well, I think I'll go to the Minister of the Word in just a short while and the topic has already been given to us. The calling of the unbound. Just so that I know that you're not already asleep. Just say the calling of the unbound, the calling of the unbound, and ask your neighbor are you called? Are you called? If that one answer is not it, you try the other one, and if you sense the vibe with your neighbor is not working, it's a good thing. This is a good time for you to pretend that you dropped something and that you need to go out and look for another neighbor. The calling of the unbound. Now, as I get older in the ministry that doesn't mean that I'm old, I just said. As I get older and as I continue ministering and preaching, I find myself that whenever I prepare a sermon these days, I read a lot of scripture in my sermons. So I'm just telling you that to warn you that we will read a lot of scripture in my sermons. So I'm just telling you that to warn you that we will read a lot of scripture, because the power is not in what I'm saying, but the power is in the word and everything that we need for life and godliness is contained in the word. All right, so we will do. Is that okay with us here? Is that all right? Oh, good, good, you're a Bible-loving church, I can see. Let's begin with 1 Peter 2 from verse 9. So we will use three you know texts as our anchor text for this evening and we'll be making reference to them as we move along Now. In verse 9, in 1 Peter 2, from verse 9, the Bible says, in fact, can we read it all of us together? Help me read it. It's up there on your screen. Can we read it all of us together? One, two, three. A royal priesthood, a holy nation, his own special people. That you may proclaim the praises of him, who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light, who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. Have obtained mercy, beloved, I beg you, as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul. Having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation. You are a holy people, a chosen generation, a royal priesthood. I think it's written in the King James a peculiar people. I love that word peculiar because it is peculiar A peculiar people. But then Jesus Christ, in his summon on the mount in Matthew, chapter 5, this is what he said in verse 19, verse 13, rather, he said you are the salt of the earth, but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. And then verse 14, you are the light of the world, and a city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Now, let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works. In other words, you are the light of the world. That, I think, just right there, I think, blows into pieces this idea that these days is being championed, especially when you look at social media, that you are a secret disciple. You know we've become very sophisticated. Oh, I don't have to tell you about my faith, me, I just love God in my own way. The devil is a liar. You cannot be hidden. If you are a Christian, it should be undeniable. If you are to be taken to court today being accused that you're a Christian, there should be enough evidence to convict you. All right, let's move on. So now, one of the things I like doing is to juxtapose both the Old Testament and the New Testament, because, as a student of Scripture and as a theologian, one of the things I've come to learn is that for every New Testament principle, there's usually an Old Testament picture, because the Old Testament is full of stories and the New Testament usually has a lot of principles, isn't it? Now, I don't know whether you're like me. Me, I love stories, I'm a storyteller, I'm a storytelling type. So for me to get a concept properly, I must go back and look for a story that fits that particular principle. So in the Old Testament, of course, we have many stories that could obviously fit into what we're just trying to argue here this evening. But Daniel, today we are going to settle on Daniel Now. In Daniel, chapter six, this is what the Bible says about Daniel, the testimony about Daniel. Now, just to put it into context, please understand. First and foremost, daniel, of course, in the Old Testament, is listed as one of the prophets, actually was one of the major prophets. However, the interesting thing about Daniel is not as a person. He was not a classical prophet like Jeremiah. You remember Jeremiah, whose testimony in Jeremiah, chapter one, is that God called him while he was still at his mother's womb and he was called to be a prophet to the nations. Now, daniel, that's not how he comes into the scene. That's not how he comes into his prophecy the nations, now, daniel, that's not how he comes into the scene. That's not how he comes into his prophecy, right, daniel? Remember, even while he's recording and all that is recorded about him, he is doing this while he is in exile in a place called Babylon. You remember the story when the children of Israel were besieged, of course, by the Bucadnezzar, by the Babylonians, and some of them were taken out and they were taken into exile into Babylon for a number of years, actually for about 70 years Now. Daniel was among three young men other three young men, of course, who were astute. These were men who were noble, these were men who were intelligent, and they had been selected so that they would come into the king's palace, into Nebuchadnezzar's service, so that they will be changed and transformed. Their culture will be changed, everything about them will be transformed so that they will serve the Babylonian king. But then Daniel, of course, with the other three Hebrew boys, of course you know them Shadrach, meshach and Abednego, daniel stands out and he ends up in Babylon as a shining light of Jehovah. So in the place that he was supposed to dim, his light is the place that he shines the brightest. I suggest to you, we will never know about Daniel if he had not gone to Babylon. Are you with me? So notice? This is what the testimony about him in verse 3 in Daniel, chapter 6. Now, daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom. At this, the administrators and the satraps tried to find grounds for charges against Daniel in his conduct of government affairs, but they were unable to do so. They could find no corruption in him. How I pray that God will raise up Daniels in Kenya, that we will be able to testify about you that we found no corruption in you. We'll come to that Now, because he was trustworthy and neither corrupt nor negligent. Finally, these men said we will never find any basis for charges against this man, daniel, unless it has something to do with the law of his God. What a testimony Not to suggest that Daniel was perfect. He was a man just like you and I, but here was a man who allowed himself to be a shining light in a dark situation. Now understand that Daniel, of course, ends up in the king's service. So he's actually a civil servant, but while he's in the king's service apart from interpreting names but he also becomes a prophet apart from interpreting names, but he also becomes a prophet he begins to speak things that are yet to come, and today we benefit from some of his prophecies because of who Daniel became. If you're still with me, please say amen. Now, remember we were talking about the calling of the unbound. Right Now, let's try to understand what does it mean to be called? And I'll put that you know also, as we try to understand being called because something that is very closely related to that is being set apart. Somebody say set apart. So calling most often refers to God's invitation to individuals to enter into a relationship with him and to participate in his redemptive work. So, in other words, as we come to God, we are responding to his calling to come into relationship with him, but, more than that, also to participate in his redemptive work. Now, this can be a general call to all believers Now all believers are called into salvation and into a holy life but also can be a very specific call to particular roles or ministries within the church or in the world. So that calling, notice this progression God calls us to salvation, but then, within that calling, he also calls us to a holy life, but then, within that calling to a holy life, we are called to also participate in a certain role, something that God has in store for every one of us to do in this world. Now, in essence, calling in the Bible is a multifaceted concept that encompasses God's invitation to relationship, his call to holiness and discipleship and his specific purpose for each individual within his broader plan. Now, on the other hand and by the way, this may sound like we're splitting hairs when we talk about calling and being set apart. Now, being set apart often implies being chosen, consecrated and uniquely designated for a specific purpose, often with a sense of purpose and distinction. Did you know that God created you for a purpose and a reason? God's covenant people are called out of and set apart for God's purposes. So we are called out of something, we are called out of this world, and then we are set apart for God's purposes. Abraham, for example. Let's look at just a few examples in the Old Testament. Abraham was called out of the Ur of the Chaldeans, from among his people, and he was set apart as the patriarch of God's chosen people. You remember when God called Abraham? He called him out of his people, out of his country, out of that which was familiar to him. God calls him and tells him to follow him. And God tells him I will show you a land, I will show you a place, just follow me. But then God's ultimate plan was, through Abraham, that he will raise a generation, a whole nation that will be set apart for God's purposes. Moses, on the other hand. You remember Moses? He was called out of the wilderness to be set apart as a deliverer of God's people. Now, remember, moses was somewhere in the back hills of the desert looking after sheep. And then, one day, when the time was right, one day, he's just walking around and he sees this bush. That was on fire, but it was not being consumed. That was on fire but it was not being consumed. And out of that encounter, god calls him out of that wilderness so that now Moses will go and deliver God's people out of Egypt. Jeremiah, you remember Jeremiah? Jeremiah was called while he was still in his mother's womb and set apart as a prophet to the nations. So you will notice that, how these people were called and, of course, on and on you can actually go on. You will notice that all of them were called in very different circumstances, the context was very different, but what is important is that all of them were called and they were called and set apart for a particular purpose and a particular reason. Charles Spurgeon, that great writer of yesterday. This is what he said and I quote him. He says God has set apart his people from before the foundation of the world to be his chosen and peculiar inheritance. We are sanctified in Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit when he subdues our corruptions, imparts to us grace and leads us onward in the divine walk and life of faith. Christian men are not to be used for anything but God. They are set-apart people. They are vessels of mercy. They are not for the devil's use, not for their own use, not for the world's use, not for their own use, not for the world's use, but for their master's use. He has made them on purpose to be used entirely, solely and wholly for him. Oh Christian people, be holy, for Christ is holy. Do not pollute that holy name wherewith you are named. Let your family life, your personal life, your business life be as holy as Christ, your Lord, will have it to be. And then he continues by saying he says Shall saints be shams, while sinners are so real. So let's just put this in context and in perspective. So I'm going to share with us the three callings that I find in Scripture of God's people. Now, according to my estimation that everything that you find that concerns God's covenant people, every form of calling or being set apart, will fit within this particular three callings. So the first one that we'll be looking at is that we are called out of darkness and set apart into holiness. Number two we are called into sonship and set apart from the world. And then three thirdly, we are called into service and set apart from the lust of the eyes or from the pride of life. Are you still with me up to that point? So, number one so we are called out of darkness and set apart into holiness. Now, in the scripture that we read earlier 1 Peter, chapter 2, verse 9,. This is what Peter said. He says but you're a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, his own special people that you may proclaim the presence of him. Notice how he said who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light? Do I have anybody here who is born again? You can say that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Lord. I mean, even without thinking about it, you know you're born again. If you have to think about it, something is wrong. How many of you are children of light here? In other words, every one of us who is born again here? We have been called out of darkness. There was a time in our lives we were living in darkness, the darkness of sin, but he says that you have been called out of darkness into this marvelous light, who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained the mercy. Have obtained mercy Now. Holiness listen is a core attribute of God, meaning to be set apart, to be unique and to be morally pure. That's what holiness means. It also describes the state of being dedicated to God and separated from sin. God's holiness is a foundation of his other attributes and the standard for believers. Christians are called to pursue personal holiness, reflecting God's character and living a life separated from sin. Listen, to be a Christian, to be born again, means that I have been separated from sin. Now, I'm not talking about being perfect Are you with me? But there is something about you that tells you that is sinful. There is something about there's a conscience on the inside of you. There is something on the inside of you that warns you that what you're about to do is sinful. In other words, you cannot say you're born again, that Christ lives in you, that you have been called out of darkness and still continue living in darkness. You know the funny thing in this world these days, we have become so sophisticated that everybody has their own truth. This is my truth. Let me tell you that is and I know a lot of you will get annoyed with me tonight, but that is deceptive Truth is truth. So truth should be truth in the morning. It will still be truth in the afternoon, and whether I'm in Kenya, whether I'm in Timbuktu, whether I'm in America, truth is truth. It is truth. It is absolute. Truth is not relative. So that's my truth. So it means that I can. You know this is who I am, but I love the Lord. 1 Peter, 1, verse 15. 1 Peter, chapter 1, verse 15. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, for it is written Be holy because I am holy. Notice in Daniel, chapter 6. Just going back now to the example of Daniel that we found in the Old Testament. Now we are told in verse 4 that these administrators and the satraps tried to find grounds for charges against Daniel in his conduct of government affairs, but they were unable to do so. They could find no corruption in him. In other words, daniel lived a holy life. How can I be holy? And I'm moving quickly here. So you ask how can I be holy? Because it's one thing to talk about holiness, but how can I be holy? And I'm moving quickly here. So you ask how can I be holy? Because it's one thing to talk about holiness, but how can I be holy? Let me give you just a few things. Anybody interested in knowing that. Number one, holiness please understand this. That holiness is the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in the believer. It is an inside job. Did you hear me? It's an inside job. Did you hear me? It's an inside job. It is God who. Now, when you got born again, when the day that you came to Christ, I'm sure that there was things that before that you used to be comfortable with. Then, when you came to Christ, suddenly you became very uncomfortable with certain things. Are you with me? Because the Holy Spirit on the inside begins to sanctify, he begins to change you. He begins to change you. He begins to. Maybe you used to have an attitude, but now you find yourself smiling more. Are you with me? Alright, it's an inside job. He begins working on the inside, and the reason why I'm saying that is because of this. Listen, holiness is not just an outward manifestation of religiosity. Are you with me? You can look. Now. You know there are people who look holier than others. There are people you can look holy on the outside, but you're rotten on the inside. Jesus Christ had a rough time, especially with religious folk. Remember what he called them? You whitewashed tombs. Can you imagine being called a whitewashed tomb? Because these guys insisted on the outward, the things that they did. They looked holy, I mean, even when they were fasting. The whole town would know that they were fasting. I mean, they looked smart, they looked like they knew, but on the inside they were full of dead men's bones. Because holiness is an inside job, it's the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit. But then, number two, holiness is the product of obedience to God's Word. Through the enabling power of the Holy Spirit, we are called to obey God's word. Are you with me? We don't just read the word for information, we read the word because it transforms us. We are called to walk in obedience, not just be hearers of the word, but be doers of the same you are called to do. You are called to obey. But then, thirdly, holiness is choosing to die to sin. Hebrews, chapter 12, verse 1, says that sin that so easily entangles. Now, every one of us. Believe me, listen to me, god's people, that every one of us, as long as we are still in this flesh, there are some things we will struggle with. There are some things. Even the person who is sitting next to you, who is looking so nice and holy, I assure you they have a proclivity to sin in some area of their life. I mean, maybe for me I may never rob a bank because that's not a temptation. Are you with me? But I promise you, there's some things that probably would trip me up and I have to choose. I'm going to die because the thing that I will not die to will kill me eventually. Are you with me? So I have to choose to die. In fact, the Apostle Paul, when he's talking about sin and talking about his own life, he uses very violent language. In fact, he says at one point he says I die daily. I have been crucified with Christ. Therefore, I no longer live, but Christ now lives in me. In other words, the only way there's some things, that the only way to deal with them in your life is that you have to be violent with them. You have to choose to die on a daily basis. It basically means that it's not going to be easy. Some things you'll have to stop doing. By the way, let me put it this way Some relationships you'll have to walk away. Now we are being real around here. Some of you tonight can I actually maybe I need to prophesy something here. Some of you, tonight there's some numbers you'll have to delete. That guy who's been paying your rent. Oh, I told you it's going to get real. Now we are getting real. You were saying amen, all along. Now we are about to get real. It's About to go down around here. You have to die. You have to pick up that phone and tell the dude listen, in the midst of tears. It's over Somewhere. There's some places you have to stop going to, some of y'all. There's some places you have to stop going to. There's some things you have to stop watching. Some of us will have to stop stealing and I know you typed tonight. I know you did. Typing doesn't make it holy. Yeah, some of you have to apologize to. Certain people have to go and say Listen, I'm sorry, I talked about you behind your back. That's what it means. That's how real it gets. Is anybody still interested in being holy around here Choosing to die to sin? Number four holiness Listen, and this is important. Number four holiness, listen, and this is important. Holiness is perfected through love for God and love for other people. Do you remember the greatest commandment that is recorded for us in Matthew, chapter 22? Some guys came to Jesus and asked him teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus replied love the Lord, your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind. And then this is the first and the greatest commandment in the law. Jesus replied love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind. And then this is the first and the greatest commandment. And the second is, like it, love your neighbor as yourself. And he says all the law and prophets hang on these two commandments. In other words, this is the standard for holiness Love for God and love for men, love for those people around you. Friends, you cannot claim to love God whom you have not seen. You know nowadays, as I said, pastor Ambrose, I hope they will forgive me in this sophisticated society that we live in today. I left the church, but I did not leave God. I will use the words of my pastor, reverend Dennis White, who would stand on the pulpit every Sunday at Valley Road the same pulpit that I stand on now and he will call it high-class nonsense, because that's what it is. You cannot claim to love God and dislike his people. Are you with me? Come on, let's be honest, listen and let me help us. Let me help us. We don't love people because they are perfect. Nobody is perfect. We don't love God's people. We don't come to church because it's full of perfect people. I don't know about Parklands Baptist. I don't know whether this is a perfect church, because if it is, I have no business being here. That's what we normally say. We say if you ever find a perfect church, don't go into it because you will mess it up, you will pollute it. So we don't love God's people. The church is not perfect. We are not perfect. We are just forgiven. We are doing our best. We are being changed. We are just forgiven. We are doing our best. We are being changed. We are being transformed. Today we might not do well, but please give me an opportunity, give me a chance. He's still working on me. He's still changing me. He's changing me from one level of glory to another level of glory. Maybe tomorrow I will love you better than I love you today. Maybe today I will do better than yesterday. You know, I may not be what I used to be, but thank God, I'm not what I used to be. I may not be what I'm supposed to be, but thank God, I'm not what I used to be. That's who we are. We are being changed, we are being transformed. Even the very best of us is not perfect. You cannot claim to love God but have nothing to do with his people. Our love for God is exemplified in our love for one another, that we can come together and worship the Lord together, because our Christianity, our faith, is a communal faith. There's no place for lone rangers. You're not called to be a lone ranger. If you want to be a lone ranger, then go to a desert somewhere and wait for the Lord's coming. But in the meantime we are called to love one another. But then the second thing is this Apart from being called into holiness, we are called into sonship and set apart from the world. Now 1 Peter again says in verse 10, who were once? We were not a people, but are now the notice, but are now the people of God. What were mungu in Swahili, who had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy In fact? 2 Corinthians, chapter 6, from verse 17,. This is what the apostle Paul said. He says therefore, come out of them, be separate, says the Lord, touch no unclean thing and I will receive you and I will be a father to you and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty. Romans, chapter 8, verse 15. Again, the apostle Paul writing says the spirit you receive does not make you slaves so that you live in fear again. Rather, the spirit you receive brought you, brought about your adoption, to sonship, and by him we cry Father. Again in Galatians, chapter 4, verse 6, he says Because you are his sons, god sent the spirit of his son into your hearts, the spirit who calls out Abba, we are called into sonship. Are you a son, are you a daughter? That's what we are called into. Notice Daniel, chapter 6, verse 5. These guys who are trying to find a charge against Daniel, they say that we don't find any basis for charges against this man unless it has something to do notice, not with the law of God, but with the law of his God. When you are a son, god becomes very personal to you. It's no longer the faith of your mother, it's no longer the faith of your parents, he becomes your God. He is my God because I walk with him. He walks with me, he talks with me. A long life's not away. When you're a son, I mean you have that spirit of adoption and by it you cry out Abba, father. There's just some sense of intimacy, those of you who are parents here, I mean the joy of hearing your child calling you Father or Daddy. I mean it would be very strange if my beautiful daughter over here would first have to go through certain protocols to come and talk to me. It would be weird. Maybe she wants COVID, but she has to go through certain protocols to come and talk to me. It would be weird. Maybe she wants COVID but she has to go through certain protocols. You know she has to come through my secretary and say thou art. You know, daddy, live long. I mean I would find it a little weird. I would think maybe she needs therapy. But because it's intimacy, because she's my daughter, she has my spirit, she has my name, she can walk. Even right now. She can walk up to me On this stage. If my daughter Collapse right now While I'm preaching to you, let me tell you this message is over. I would ask your senior, please come and finish. Here are my notes. You continue. I have to attend to my child. I have seen my child is in trouble. I have to be there for her. That's what God does for us. That's the spirit of sonship. He's looking for sons, not slaves, not servants, he says he's looking for some. He has given us that spirit of adoption as sons. So how do I exercise this divine sonship? First and foremost, notice from what we've just read. You have to overcome the fear of men. He says in romans, chapter 8, verse 15. The spirit you receive does not make you slaves again so that you live in fear again. The spirit you received brought you about your adoption to sonship, and by him you cry out Abba, father, listen when fear will rob you of your divine sonship. We're not called into fear. Some of us are afraid of human beings, we're afraid of men. That's why Timothy Paul writes it to young Timothy. Timothy tells him in 2 Timothy, chapter 1, verse 7. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love and of a sound mind. You're not called to fear. By the way, there is nobody you are supposed to fear in this life except God. Stop fearing people, stop fearing your boss, stop fearing your husband, stop fearing your wife. I know that's a bit harder, but you're afraid of Fearing your wife. I know that's a bit harder, but when you're afraid of your wife Can't even go home on time because Small little lady, but she scares the hell out of you. I pray that tonight God will break every spirit of fear in your life so that you know you are a son, you're a daughter. You cannot live in fear, fear of men, fear of demons. Can we talk about this just a little while? Just a little bit, you know? Can I just say something here? Some things. Just allow me just a few minutes. Let me tell you this when you are a son, you're more interested in knowing about your father, am I right? I want to know my daddy. My father is long gone. My father was a great man but he's dead now. But I love my father. I wanted to hang around my dad. I wanted to talk to my dad. I wanted to be like my father Right, that I want to be like my father, right, and as long as my father was around I didn't have anything to fear. But now we have these theologies of these days that measure so much on demons, so much I know how it is maybe here in the. So much on demonology. I mean, it's the knowledge of demons. There's a demon for this, there's a demon for that, there's a demon for the other. I mean you can't do anything. You know you even have anointing oil. When you get to the office, the first thing you have to do is to go and anoint the whole office first before you say, I mean, come on, people, you're a son, you're a son. There was a guy some years ago here. He died. There was a little book Delivered from the Power of Darkness. Anybody read that? For those of you who are a bit older, emmanuel Lenny. Anybody remember, I'm sure, reverend Ambrose? You remember that little book. Anybody remember that book? I know this is a Gen Z chat, but some of you may have no clue what I'm talking about. Please forgive us for the older ones who are here. Anybody ever read that book Delivered from the Powers of Darkness? I don't know that it's still in print anymore. Let me ask, if I was to ask any one of you all, right, when you read that book, what was the outcome? Fear, because it was about. This guy had written about his experience when he was a devil worshiper and what have you and the powers of darkness and what have you he had, so glorified the enemy that were after. It was a little book, but it actually left a lot of fear in your heart. Let me tell you this the quickest way to develop fear is when you keep focusing on demons and you walk around with anointing oil, anointing everything. Let me tell you, you'll be fired. Even Even me, if I was your boss, I would fire you for destroying company property. Why you pack up everything. I come, I find my desk for you, I pack up my food. I mean really? I mean, we are so afraid, so fearful. He has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power of love. See, when you have a spirit of sonship, you know who you are and whose you are. You walk around with your head up high. You don't have to fear anything. Let me tell you, I am not afraid. Neither am I bothered with any witch right now who is putting some hex again. I have. No, I don't care whether he's from Zanzibar, from Tanzania, I don't care. In fact, it's just that I'm not coming tomorrow night. But if you knew somebody who was the greatest mchawi, bring him to church. I'll even ask him to sit on my seat Because I am not scared. Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. Some of us can't even go to shags. Kenyans can't even go to mashambani, because you're scared of some. I mean funny thing we are scared of some. Doctor who is in a hut somewhere, hasn't taken a bath for a whole year, guy is dusty, living around chicken. And you are a whole professional wearing a suit and a tie, driving a biker, with a big job. You live in Nairobi and you come to Pachlas Baptist Church. You are born again spiritually, but you're scared of that guy in the village. The devil is a liar. But then how do you exercise this divine sonship? Divine sonship, listen, is birthed and lived out through a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, not through legalism and religiosity. We are not called to a religion. Galatians, chapter 5,. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm them and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Now, the Apostle Paul has this right with the Galatians, of course. Remember, in Galatians, chapter 3, he comes up against them and he uses some very harsh words. He says you, galatians, who has bewitched you, having started off in the spirit, are you now going to get justified by the wax of the flesh? And of course, he was trying to come at what was affecting the church at that particular time. It was a spirit of religiosity, legalism, because some people were coming among them and saying, no, no, you're a Christian, that's okay, but you must also be circumcised. Some people said, oh, that's okay, you're a Christian, but you must also keep some of the Old Testament or some of the laws according to the Old Testament, the Pentateuch. And they were saying no, on top of Christianity, you had to put on certain things. Let me tell you this, friends we were called to freedom. Ours is a calling. Sonship is a calling to freedom. We are not called to religiosity. It's not about being religious, it is a relationship. And let me tell you, let me make this statement and make it very, very clear the one thing, the only thing that will determine where you will spend eternity is your relationship with Jesus. Can I repeat that one more time? The only thing, the one thing according to scripture that will determine where you will spend eternity is your relationship with Jesus Christ. Have you received him? Have you rejected him? That is the only thing. It is not how many times you come to church, it is not whether you're tithing, it is not whether you're giving, it is not whether you are loving people. No, no, no. It is the relationship that you have with Jesus Christ. The rest of the things we do out of that abundance of that relationship. We tithe because we love him. We worship because we love him. We come to church because we love him, but we are not here to earn our salvation. By the way, revival week is not about earning our salvation. Our salvation has already been earned, has already been paid for. We are the redeemed of the Lord. We are here because we love him. We are here because we want to be mercy. That's what it is all about. So a few months ago and some of my pastors here will know a few months ago, I was just preaching at Sitam Karen and I made a statement and half the church was ready to kill me, especially on social media. And this is what I said, and I said this very simply. I said, listen, tattoos will not take you to heaven or hell. What are your attitude? Listen now, neither will dreadlocks. It's just that some of us have hair that is disappearing. I mean otherwise, I used to have. It's just that some of us have hair that is disappearing. I mean otherwise. I used to have an afro. I used to. I don't know where it went, but listen, it's not the outward thing, but we have made Christianity so complicated, so complex. You know, I've had the privilege of traveling a little in this world and I'll tell you this God has many children and not all of them look like you. You go to some places and you can't even believe. I mean, from our context, some people don't look saved, but they are born again, spirit-filled, fire-spitting on the way to heaven without brakes. Because it's not about outward appearance. Now, I am not in any way suggesting that you go and get a tattoo. There are reasons why you shouldn't. I'm not suggesting that you should go and get dreadlocks or get some piercings. There are reasons, good reasons, why we don't do those things. But in case you have them, you should never allow anybody to condemn you. You are a son as long as Jesus is Lord and Savior in your life. When I made that statement, within a day they put that clip up. It had more than a million views and guess who was the most angry Christians? So they're calling me Pastor Wamata too. Hey Say religiosity, and sometimes that's why some of our young people are finding it difficult to come to church. In fact, I remember one lady, one young lady. I didn't even meet her, but she sent me a. She just DM'd me, just on the side, and she said Pastor, do you mean? You know, in this generation they call it that. She says she was inked. Okay, for those of you who are not, don't worry, ask your Gen Z, they'll tell you what being inked is. She says I am inked. Does it mean I can come to your church? I said by all means Come. God has many children. They all don't wear suits, they all don't look like you. I will leave that there and move on. How do you exercise divine sonship? Watch out against the doctrines of men and deceit. Doctrines of men will enslave us. In fact, colossians, chapter 2,. The apostle Paul says in verse 20, therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of this world. He says why, as though, living in the world, do you subject yourself to regulations, do not touch, do not taste, do not handle, which all concern things which we perish with using according to the commands and doctrines of men, not the doctrines of God. These things didn't have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, self, false humility. They neglect the body. Neglect of the body, but are notice, he says, but these things, they are of no value against the indul. Neglect of the body, but are notice, he says, but these things, they are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh. In other words, useless, absolutely no value. Doctrines of men. But then number three is this how do you exercise that sonship? Exercise discernment and divine wisdom. So this is where it comes to now. 1 Corinthians 6, verse 12, says all things are lawful for me, exercise discernment and divine wisdom. So this is where it comes to Now. 1 Corinthians 6, verse 12, says All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any Food for the stomach and the stomach for the foods, but God will do what Will destroy both it and them. And then again, in chapter 10, verse 23, he says all things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. Let no one seek his own, but each one. In other words, in our exercise of divine sonship, it basically means that we must exercise discernment and divine wisdom. So listen, there are certain things that we do not do as God's people, as God's covenant people, because of wisdom. So, for example, will I go out and get a tattoo? Of course not. You know why? Because it's not wise to do so. Are you getting my point? All right, but if I find somebody who has it, I'm not going to condemn them, but for me it's not wise to do so. So I tell young people the reason why you shouldn't get a tattoo. For example, if you go and maybe tattoo the name of your girlfriend. The reason why you shouldn't get a tattoo. For example, if you go and maybe tattoo the name of your girlfriend and then she dumps you, then for the rest of your life, because that thing is supposed to be permanent, you have to keep explaining to every other subsequent girlfriend why you have the name Emma. Oh, you know, she used to be my girlfriend, then we cosanat, blah, blah, blah. You don't have to go through all that, are you with me? But then again, we exercise wisdom. Now, in this culture, those kinds of things are not accepted, so which means if I go and do certain things, they might limit me in one way or the other. So I exercise wisdom. We are called to wisdom, that's what we are called to. We're not called to legalism, we are called to wisdom. There are certain places I will not go, not necessarily because they are sinful, but because in my exercise of wisdom, wisdom tells me don't go there. Why, first and foremost? In fact, the Apostle Paul continues to say that over and over again. Because not all things are beneficial. They are lawful, they are acceptable, they are permissible, but they are not beneficial for me. Are you with me? But then also, they're lawful, they're acceptable, they're permissible, but they're not beneficial for me. Are you with me, right? But then also, the reason why sometimes we don't do certain things is for the sake of the weaker brethren, because there's somebody who will get stumbled if I do certain things. So because I love them and I want them to get stumbled, I decide I'm not going to do that? What am I doing? Designment, wisdom Are you with me? And I wish the sons of light would exercise more designment and wisdom. Be very careful. Ephesians, chapter 5,. He says be very careful then how you live, not as unwise, but as wise. He says, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore, he says do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, he says. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music to your heart, to the Lord, always giving thanks to God, the Father, for everything, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. So there are certain things you don't do as a Christian because you're a son. Now, for example, your child will know your heart If you have a child. As they're growing up, they get to know you. They get to know this is what daddy likes, this is what daddy doesn't like, isn't it? So what does the child live his life doing? That child grows up and they want to please the father. Are you with me? So they know if I do certain things, my father will not be very happy. All right, if I behave in a certain, if I talk in a certain way, I know my father will be offended. Because I know my father and because I love my father, I will not do certain things so that I may please him. My. Is this making any sense to anybody around here? Right? But then the third thing is this, and I'm moving quickly you guys told me you're going to put a timer. I'm not seeing a timer, so I'm a Pentecostal preacher. That's very dangerous, just so you know. Number three is this we are called into service, right and set apart from the pride of life. The third calling is we are called to service, called out of sin, right. We are called into sonship, but we are also called into service. 1 Peter 2, verse 11, beloved, I beg you, as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshless which war against you. Having your conduct honorable among the gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of salvation. We are called unto good works to serve Matthew, chapter 5, verse 16, let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works. Now notice again like Daniel. Now notice again, like Daniel. Daniel, we are told, so distinguished himself among the administrators. The man knew what he was doing. He was serving a higher purpose. Although he was serving in Babylon, he was serving a higher purpose, are you with me? So we say, this guy, he so distinguished himself among the himself, among the administrators and the satchels, by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom. In other words, he did so well that the king began to plan how to elevate him and to promote him. See, promotion doesn't come from the east or from the west, it comes from the Lord. But that doesn't necessarily mean also that you sit around and laze around and expect promotion. You have to distinguish yourself. Nehemiah and I like Nehemiah, because Nehemiah, again, not a classical prophet, he was just a civil servant Again, during also the same season as now, the children of Israel were coming back to Jerusalem. In verse 3, he says now, of course, he receives a report that the walls of Jerusalem have been broken down. In verse 3 of chapter 6, he says so I sent messages to them saying I am doing a great work. Now, remember he had been attacked and the work, of course, was greatly challenged. So he says I sent messages to them saying I'm doing a great work so that I cannot come down. Why should the work cease while I leave it and go down to you? So notice what he says I am doing a great work, saying there's something that I'm doing that is of eternal value, that is, of kingdom value. In Colossians 3, verse 23,. Now this is what the Apostle Paul says. He says whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for who? For the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving, Whatever you do. Notice he's not talking about preaching. He's saying whatever your hand finds to do. Now, how then can I be in service for the kingdom? Remember, we are called into service. Number one is you must find your calling in life. Every one of us here, apart from the call of salvation and called to holiness, there's a calling in your life. Now there are some of us who are called into the fivefold ministry. We are called to be pastors, to be prophets, to be teachers, but there are some of us that's not your calling, many of us who are here. That's not your calling. But God has called you to be a doctor. He has called you to be a lawyer. Every one of us has a certain calling. Now, the job that you have is not just for you to be able to put food on the table. There's a calling behind it all. Are you with me? We are not on this earth just to make a living, friends. We are here to fulfill our calling. One day we will stand before God in judgment and we will give an account of the calling that we received. Is anybody here? Are you hearing what I'm saying? Because a lot of times we have relegated the work of the ministry to pastors, you know, and we think that it's only those who are in the ministry, those who have been called to the fivefold ministry. But, friend, every one of us is supposed to be in ministry. Listen, there are places that me and the pastors who are here. There are places we have no access to. But you have access to those places. Are you with me? That is your pulpit On Monday, when you go to the office. That is your pulpit. That is where God has sent you, whether it's in the classroom to teach students, whether it is in the hospital to treat patients, whether it is on the road, probably as a policeman, whatever it is, whether it is in a matatu, you're the driver. He has put you there so that you may serve the purposes of the kingdom. Number two is this Find your calling. But the second thing is important that you must serve with excellence. Now, if a man now, this is what Dr Martin Luther King Jr, this is what he said he said something powerful that I've always loved and according to him, he says if a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted pictures or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pose to say here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. Isn't that something that, whatever, there must be a spirit of excellence? Daniel distinguished himself because he was a man of excellence. Can I be honest around here? Sometimes and this is not something that we like talking about, but it is the truth Sometimes, if you're looking for good, exceptional service, don't go to a Christian. I'm serious, unfortunately which is to our shame, because we should be the people of excellence, because we serve our God of excellence, we should be the ones who are giving the best quality. That your testimony should speak for itself that if you're looking for a contractor, that is the guy. When I was in Sitongong, I was in Sitongong, of course, there for a number of years and then I was there for seven years as a senior pastor. So the sanctuary that you find in Sitongong, I was the one who did that construction, then left just soon after that. It is interesting. It was a very interesting experience. Now that sanctuary, when we began building we got a contractor. This guy started man. From the word go we knew we were in trouble. Mediocrity of the highest level, I'm not even putting anybody down. The project began to delay Within a short time. We were behind schedule by three months. We didn't know whether we were coming or going. Whenever we would have our site meetings, the architect would come. Everybody's angry, everybody's, because this guy's not doing whatever he's supposed to be doing. One day I come to the office A couple of months later. I come to the office and there's nobody on site. They have all packed up and left. The bulldozers have gone. Everybody is gone. The guy just abandoned and left. This was a 400 million shilling project. Do you know who we got eventually to come and do that job? A Hindu? A Hindu, let me tell you. And we got the flack for it. How can you give whatever to come and build a house of the Lord? Don't we have Christians? I said we tried them. That Hindu, listen, listen. This is to our shame, because I'm one of us. That man, from the day he picked up the project, never stopped, never harassed us for any payment, did an excellent job, amazing guy. One time we were doing a crusade out there. And so we go to a certain bishop, who I shall not mention. We say oh, we hear you have some very good platforms for crusades. So we say can you please? We're in the same neighborhood, so the harvest will be for us all, isn't it? In fact, we can partner. We say can you give us this thing? You know what the guy said. He said if you want it, I'm going to charge you this amount of money. And he said and you pay before I even release it? A bishop. So we said, oh, okay. Went to our Indian friend, the contractor. We asked him would you mind constructing a platform? He says what does it mean? We just explained to him. The guy said ah, by all means, the man went and built for us a platform at no cost. At no cost. Now, please tell me Before you clap. Before you clap, tell me God in heaven when he's looking for who to bless. Do you think he'll be blessing that? Okay, come on, people, is anybody hearing what I'm saying? Who do you think? I mean? Here is a man who doesn't know our God. All he knows, by the way, amazingly, because in their pantheistic kind of a system, when it comes to Hindus, they respect any God. So for him, building a house for God, oh man, he built it like he's building a temple. Oh, you want. I will help you with that. And I said no wonder these people are blessed Because the children of this world have picked up the principles that Christians should be picking up. And then we get angry when they are blessed. Please serve with excellence. Tell your neighbor serve with excellence. When you say you'll show up on time, please show up on time. When you say you'll deliver tomorrow at 2 pm, deliver Before you give me your testimony, please deliver. I'm sorry, I really should have taken my medication today, but anyway. But then number three is serve with integrity and commitment. Apart from excellence, integrity. Now let me, I really need to know. My time is actually up. Can I just finish this very quickly and then I'll be out of your way in just a short while. Now we are called to serve with integrity and commitment. Now, the Apostle Paul. There's something here that is very, almost controversial and especially for commentators and especially people with a Western kind of a mindset, kind of find it a bit difficult. Because when Paul was writing to the Colossians, in Colossians, chapter 3, verse 22, and he included slaves. So he says this slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything and do it not only when their eyes are on you and to carry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for human masters. Again, peter, also that was Paul. So Peter in 1 Peter 2, verse 18, says this slaves, again speaking to slaves, in reverent fear of God, notice, in reverent fear of God, do what. Submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. Now, a lot of there are some commentators who kind of get tripped up on that because they say was Paul, was Peter, were they supporting slavery? Is that what it's all about? Were they saying it was okay? Now let me help you to understand this. Now understand that slavery was part of the culture of that time. All right, so Paul was just speaking into something that was already in the culture. It was already within that particular context, already within that particular context. But here's the thing, and I really believe this is why Paul and Peter actually writes to the slaves and tells them they don't tell them to rebel against their masters. In fact, paul doesn't even talk about slavery and how bad it is, or human rights. He doesn't talk about those things. He just says that, as a slave, you are supposed to serve with integrity, with commitment, even if your master is harsh. Are you with me? Because, remember, these slaves were coming to Christ also. So he said even your Christianity, even though you're a slave, must still be seen. You're a light of the world. I believe why he wrote that is because I think, especially for us, in our culture, in our time now, we do not have slavery anymore. Right, our time now we do not have slavery anymore. All right now. Imagine, imagine with me, if the standard, the christian standard for a slave was to serve with integrity and commitment, how much more we who are not slaves are you getting my point that you and I, we are not slaves, we don't belong to anybody Then it means our standard, those who are free. In a democratic society like ours, the standard should even be higher, because it's not your boss that you're serving, it is God that you're serving. Does that make sense? So you serve with integrity and with commitment, but then also strive towards servant leadership. Jesus Christ talks about it and he said in Matthew 20, you know that the rulers of the Gentiles are not over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you. Whoever desires to become great among you, let it be your servant. Friends, we are called to servant leadership. In fact, lauren Cunningham, this guy who founded the YWAM Youth with a Mission, he says if you want to be known in heaven and feared in hell, we must be willing to lose our reputation here on earth. Can I be honest with you? A few comments here. We are not called to reputation, we are called to humiliation. Now, those are the messages that we don't hear these days. So there's no amen. Are you with me? We are called to humiliation, humiliation in the hands of Jesus Christ, that he can do with you. He can do with me whatever he desires to do. That is why I sometimes, and many times, get very concerned, and especially for us, the pastors who are here and in the times that we're living in. We have elevated ministry to a place and to something and made it to something that it was never meant to be. God did not call us as pastors. Pastor Cole, pastor Moffat, we were not called to be superstars. Hmm, aye, aye, aye, aye, aye. Is anybody hearing me? That's not what God. That is foreign to the scripture. We are called to servant leadership. We are called to be accessible. Actually, we are called to be leadership. We are called to be accessible. Actually, we are called to be everybody's doormat, laying our lives down so that others may step into heaven. That's what we are called to. We are not called to be superstars, celebrities that, when I'm preaching up here, we are called to. We're not called to be superstars, celebrities that when I'm preaching up here, I have bodyguards. Can we talk around here, friends? Because this is, in my opinion, it is sending the wrong message. That's not what we are called to. I hear these days there are some who even have guns. Dude is preaching, has a gun. Why would you need? I don't know, maybe I missed a memo somewhere, I have no idea. I'm wondering, why would I need a gun to shoot the very people? To shoot the very people I mean, like so that if I see you approaching, I just I mean that's what we are called to. We are called to humiliation. I finish with this. Friends, if you had more time, I finish with this Two things, if you had more time, I finish with this Two things the perfection of our calling. Remember, we are called to salvation, we are called to holiness, but we are also called to serve. The perfection of our calling is this In 2 Peter, 1 Peter, chapter 2, he says this no-transcript. He said for it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering Because they are conscious of God. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and enduring? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure, and you endure it, it is commendable before God, verse 21. I want you to notice verse 21. Notice what he says. To this you are called. Called to what? Suffering? My goodness? See Charles Spurgeon. Again, we are told that on a wall in his bedroom, charles Spurgeon had a plaque with Isaiah 48, verse 10, on it and he said this. And this is what was written in a quote. He says I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. It is no mean thing to be chosen of God, he wrote. God's choice makes choice men, choice men. We are chosen not in the palace but in the furnace. In the furnace, beauty is marred, fashion is destroyed, strength isred, fashion is destroyed, strength is melted, glory is consumed. Yet here eternal love reveals his secrets and declares we are called to suffering. No amens there. That is all good that I may know him and the fellowship of his suffering. Listen, I don't like suffering any more than you do. But in this life you will be despised. In this life, for his name's sake, you will be persecuted. In this life, you will lose friends For his name's sake. In this life, you will be persecuted. In this life, you will lose friends for his namesake. In this life, you will be rejected. In this life, you will be treated unjustly. You will be passed over for a promotion that you deserved In this life. Why? Because of his name. But when we suffer for his name, guess what? Our calling is being perfected. He is turning us into choice men and choice women. I like to say this God's priority is not your comfort and your ease. God's priority is his will and his purpose. It means that sometimes his will and his purpose will bring tears to me. He will send me to places sometimes I don't want to go. He will do with me things that sometimes that will break my heart. But we are comforted in this, that, friends, our eternal inheritance, we shall be rewarded when we suffer for righteousness. Are you hearing me? That is why we have to be very careful about some of these doctrines and, again, things that make people angry. Let me tell you something. Can I help you After this? I promise I'll be out of your way. Listen, when you're going through some stuff and sometimes we'll go through things we can't understand Are you with me? Let me tell you this If you're going through a season of pain, a season of suffering right now, no amount of seed will remove you from where God has put you. Some of you have no idea. Listen, stop sending money to some guy on TV who you have never met, just because he said Tuma kwa hi namba. Now, if Tuma can figure out who he is, the devil is a liar. If God put you there, his grace will carry you through. Number two if you are going through a season, things are not right, things are not good, things are not lining up. Maybe your business is going down, maybe your marriage is struggling. Allow God to work in you. I'm not saying that we just become passive. That's not what I'm talking about. Do what we need to do, alright, but allow God to work in us. Now, listen, nobody has stolen your star, nobody. Listen, listen, I sense that all those whistles are for single people, because that's what they're being told. Oh, the reason why you're not married is because somebody has stolen your husband. Let me tell you, nobody is that powerful to steal anything from you. If God says it is yours, it is final, it is done. And nothing listen to me, god's people, nothing can stand in the way of what God wants to do. When your promotion comes, even that boss who doesn't like you will sign that letter. Did you hear me? There is something that we call the Kairos moment. When that Kairos moment comes when heaven collides with humanity, when God decides, things will line up in your favor. I promise you they will line up. Your enemies, your enemies, may not like it, but they cannot stop it. And can I say this to you no devil in hell, no demon in hell Can stop what God wants to do. Some of you are here today still breathing, but the enemy will have taken you out if you had an opportunity. Some of you survived COVID. Some of you are in an ICU bed somewhere. Some of you have survived surgeries. Some of you have survived accidents. You have survived situations. Why? But God says it's not time. You shall not die, but you shall live. God said not. Yet I am protecting my child. I still have a purpose for your life. So listen, you have received a spirit of sonship. Stop being afraid. Stop being afraid of what the enemy has planned for you. I dare you. I always dare people. If the enemy had had his way, he missed his opportunity, because I am still here and I am going nowhere until God is done with me. So, no matter what you're going through, listen, I have gone through my own sufferings. I can tell you that, even in the ministry, because sometimes people think that because you're in the ministry you must have breakfast with Jesus, even in the ministry. I know what it means to be attacked. I know what it means to go through stuff. I know what it means to wake attacked. I know what it means to go through stuff. I know what it means to wake up in the morning, go and preach in church on a Sunday morning and even the people who are hating you, the people who are attacking you, are still right there in front of you and you can tell they are seething with anger, hoping that probably you will drop dead on the pulpit. But I remember days I would stand on that pulpit and I would preach my heart out. I would preach like it is the last message that I'm preaching Because something I have learned in this life I have to stick to my assignment. I have to keep to what God has called me to do and because of that the devil is in trouble. As long as you can put a microphone in my hands, as long as I have breath running through my nostrils, as long as my head is still thinking straight, as long as there's a pulpit and as long as there are people who need to hear the word. I will preach this gospel. I will preach to God's people. I will preach the heavens down. I will preach until Jesus comes back. I will preach until I can preach, no more. I will preach until heavens down. I will preach until Jesus comes back. I will preach until I can preach, no more. I will preach until he calls me home. Do I have any witness in the house of the Lord? I said do I have any witness in the house? Do I have anybody who is on assignment like me? So don't be afraid of suffering. I said don't be afraid of suffering. I said don't be afraid of a few tears. If somebody needs to walk away, let them walk away. If they want to reject you, let them reject you. Listen, if they want to talk behind your back, let them talk behind your back. If they want to insult you, let them insult you. See, the other day we were insulted. I was insulted. They called me names. But here I am. It did not diminish my anointing. If anything, I think it increased my anointing. So I finish with this. I finish with this. The priority of the calling. Listen. Peter said beloved, I beg you, as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts. He reminds us that we are pilgrims. We are passing through this world is not. Yes, listen, I know God will bless us. I know God will bless you and I pray that some of you handle money that you have never seen. Listen, I pray, listen, listen and I say this I pray, listen, I pray, listen, listen and I say this I pray that God's people Become so prosperous that that money, that 15 million, pastor Simon, you just need one Gen Z One, just one. I pray, I pray, I pray. Some of you build homes, I pray, some of you get contracts, but listen, but listen to me. No matter how good we have it on this earth, no matter how much wealth, this world is still not our home. And because of that this is what the writer to the Hebrews is see to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful and believing heart that turns away from the living God, but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end, as it has just been said. He says today, somebody say today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your heart. The priority, if you are here today, I say today. Somebody say today, if you are here and you have not responded to the call to salvation, I want to tell you this Time is running out. I say time is running out. Time is running today. I say time is running out. Time is running Today, right here, right now. There's a reason why he sent you here. Today. I say somebody say today, today, don't you dare walk out of those doors if Jesus is not resident in your heart. Today there's some of you who are here. Yes, you're born again, but there's a calling. He has placed a call in your heart. You have been struggling, you have been fighting. When God called me to the ministry, I did not want to be a pastor. You know why. I didn't want to be poor. I'm just being honest. I grew up in poverty. I didn't want to be poor. I said no, like seriously, let me be a businessman. Where I come from, we do great business. I can be one. I can sponsor people, they can go on missions. But let me tell you something, one of the greatest, apart from salvation, the next greatest decision I ever made where my faith work is concerned is a day Is the day I said yes to his calling. I said, lord, honestly, I don't like this, I don't want to be a pastor, but because you have called me and you know what God told me I use this as a testimony Because he knew my fears. I did not want to raise a family in poverty. So I said, lord, I can't. I mean I can't, because those days back in the day I mean being a pastor was like you know what I'm saying, you know what God told me. Say son, son, serve me. And the things that men spend a lifetime working for, he says I will give them to you. God is not a man that he should lie 22 years down the line. Pastor Ambrose, he has been faithful. Are you with me? Listen, there are some of you. Maybe fear has gripped your heart. You know he's calling you, but you're saying, lord, how is he going to be tonight? Today, if you hear his voice, please, I beg you. The greatest, one of the greatest decisions you will make is to say Lord, here I am. The world is looking for African missionaries, men and women like you, the Westerners, more than 100 years ago. Many of them sacrificed their lives, came to Africa. Remember the words of Dr David Livingstone saying he was haunted by the smoke billowing from a thousand villages as he thought of the African coast. And he made that voyage. He was living a good life in the West. He came to Africa mauled by a lion. For the sake of the gospel, some of those missionaries they say some of them when they left Europe, bought a one-way ticket, bought a casket, put all their little earthly belongings that they had in caskets, put it on a ship, jumped on a ship and came to Africa Knowing they would never go back home, just so that somebody somewhere would hear the gospel. Pastor Ambrose, I'm done, thank you.
Speaker 4: Thank you. This is a message worth listening to again For your sake. It has been recorded, hallelujah. It is preserved. It is on YouTube, something that has been said so clearly today. Shall we stand, please? And it's being repeated over and over again the calling to salvation Paul said for I'm not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God unto salvation to anyone who has faith. Now it means anyone who has faith, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek, anyone, anyone, before you enter even the next calling where God gives you the calling for service. It's the calling to salvation, and that has been communicated so clearly tonight. And it is to you we are calling to now and saying come to the cross, come to the master, whether you have tattoos or not, hello, whether you have dreadlocks or not, it is not your outward appearing, it's your heart, and so we'll take a moment to give you that opportunity. We have people who are waiting for you at the altar. Some are upstairs, some are downstairs. Don't turn your back and walk out of that door, and you have never given your life to Jesus Christ, and God is not asking you to be perfect. We have already been told that God is asking you to be chosen, and God chose you before you chose him. You know, reverend Jesse, when we used to give our testimonies, we used to say I found the Lord. In reality, the Lord found me and for some of you, the Lord has found you. All he's asking you to do is to make that step forward and come to the cross of Jesus Christ. It is you we are going to wait for, hallelujah. It is you we are going to wait for, and I know the worship team you're going to lead us in a very short chorus of just people getting an opportunity to come. So come. The pastors are here upstairs, downstairs, those watching online there's an opportunity for come, so come. The pastors are here upstairs, downstairs, those watching online there's an opportunity for you to just send a message on our online platform.
Speaker 3: Somebody will connect with you wherever you are, and then I'll pray for us in a very short moment Ready, Come as you are, as you are, as you are come. The Lord is waiting come. That's right come. You are, as you are, as you are the Lord is waiting for you.
Speaker 4: that's right, while they are still singing. I know you are there. There is a lady called Jerry that God has been speaking to your heart. Tonight is your night. You have not been given a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power and love, at a sound mind. Now step forward and come, because this is your time. This is your night. Gentlemen, it is you. Don't look at your neighbor. It's you Never given your life to Jesus? It is you, come. Come One more time.
Speaker 3: Thank you Jesus, he'll give you peace. Peace, the Lord is waiting for you.
Speaker 4: Now. I want to ask all of us to pray. Pray for somebody, pray for your family member, pray for your neighbor. I want to ask all of us to pray. Pray for somebody, pray for your family member, pray for your neighbor. This is the moment. Pray for yourself Now. Open your mouth upstairs, downstairs. Let's ask the Holy Spirit to release His convicting power on men and women tonight that they may receive that gift of salvation. Now, open your mouth wherever you are. Just begin to talk to God, because the presence of God is among us. The word has been preached, the call has been made. Come, even if it is one person. Come, whether they are 20 or 10 or 50, come. The Father is waiting for you. Tonight, I'm asking God's people to pray, just pray. Pray for the presence that is already here, the presence of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will convict the hearts of men and the hearts of women, not just in this platform, but across the media platform, those watching us online. Wherever you are, maybe in your house Get on your knees. Wherever you are, call on the name of the Lord. The Bible says, for those who call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Come, come, father. We bless you, father. We thank you. Let it be a turnaround for somebody tonight, a turnaround for a mother, a turnaround for a father. A turnaround because it is through that moment of salvation that we are then called to sonship, that we are able to call God our Father, my God, my God. Then we are able to be called into service so that we can serve the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Maybe you're a young person and saying but I'm 16. I've not sinned enough. That's not what God is about. God wants a family. He wants sons and daughters. You take that step forward and come to the cross, at the cross, at the cross, where I first saw the light and the burdens of my heart rolled away.
Speaker 3: It was there. By faith, I received my sign and now I am happy all the days. One more time At the cross At the cross, at the cross when I first saw the light, and the burdens from my heart rolled away. It was there, it was there by faith, I received my sight and now I am happy all the day.
Speaker 4: Father, we pray that the anointing of the Holy Spirit has already gone out to bring men and women to that cross. And it is not happening tomorrow, it's happening tonight, it's happening today because that gift is free gift. So, holy Spirit, thank you for being in the house. Thank you for men and women who will look back 10 years and say it was that night. I gave my life to Jesus Christ and my life was never the same again. And so, father, we thank you because of many people who are making that decision, allowing you to be Lord and Savior of their lives. If you believe that God has heard this prayer, why don't we give God a big hand and tell him thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, amen. And as we prepare to release us, there's something else that Reverend Justice said the calling to be holy, the calling to live right, the calling. There are many callings, and you can watch this message again and fit yourself into whatever calling it is, because each one of us fits in one of those. And so watch this message again, listen to it, allow the Holy Spirit to place you where you need to be. But what a blessing Reverend Jesse has been tonight. What a blessing, what a blessing, what a blessing Reverend Jesse has been tonight. What a blessing, what a blessing, what a blessing. And we want to thank God for SITAM and the assemblies and what God is doing across the globe through them, and take our greetings to Bishop Calisto and we just want to say to God be the glory. Of course we are going to be with him on Friday and we thank God that he was able to accept to come. But, pastor Simon, we were talking about collaboration across the board and for sure, we have preached in the Settam churches, preached in the revivals, and we celebrate that opportunity. And thank you for coming with your wife, shall. We celebrate her in Jesus name. Amen, amen. Tell your neighbor it is revival time. Tell your neighbor, don't be left behind In Jesus name. That means that tomorrow, bring a friend, bring a neighbor, tell them there's something that is happening here in a big way and we want to give God the glory, I want to give God the praise. Amen. Pastor Simon is coming up even as we prepare to pray. Tell your neighbor, sunday is coming up, even as we prepare to pray. Tell your neighbor Sunday is coming. How many services At what time? Now, if you come at 10, you'll find yourself sitting outside the tent. Come earlier than that, come early, come in time that your seat is reserved. Tell your neighbor your seat is reserved. We want to give you some information. There's this called I Believe Pack that we are giving, buying and giving it to somebody who may not know Jesus Christ. We also have books at the bookstore. One of them is called no Limits A Kingdom Mindset, and then there's another one called the Supernatural Impacting the World Through you. That's a book about quite a number of stories of my life. So they are available for us. I see a guy with a nice jumper. I don't know why you are wearing that jumper. Come up here, I'll give you this book, the Kingdom Mindset. God bless you, why? God bless Buona si fuere. I'd like to ask somebody from upstairs, the lady in yellow. I don't know if you're from Ukambani, but just come down. You got a gift today. God bless you in Jesus' name. You know, when you're in yellow you can be spotted from a distance and the Lord bless you. Enjoy this book, barikio Asante. Amen, amen. Now celebrate with me the amazing worship team. God bless you, amen. Come on, come on somebody. Let's bless them.
Speaker 3: Amen, amen, amen.
Speaker 4: In a moment they'll be coming down here as we are leaving, and as we are winding up, there's a cup of tea. They'll be releasing us as we go out tonight. Again, we appreciate you, appreciate the song that we are singing in our houses. I want to tell you that my wife, my wife, has just left. My wife left. You will find her here. That song we sing every night. But thank you for the gift that is in you and the gift that is in all of you. Come on, let's appreciate them one more time. Amen, that is in all of you. Come on, let's appreciate them one more time. Amen. What time are we coming tomorrow? And some of you were here at four o'clock, god bless you and some of you were on the caravan. Many things are happening at different levels and we just want to appreciate you big time. So lift up your hands as I command a blessing upon your lives and, again, karibu Sana for a cup of tea. The guys at the altar call are still here. Please take a moment to just engage with them, agree with them a word, and I'm telling you, your life will never be the same. Father, the calling of the unbound has been given to us and served to us in a very excellent manner. What an honor to have Reverend Jesse among us and together with his wife, that he could be a vessel tonight, that you could speak through and you have spoken through, and we believe that the word that has gone into our minds, into our hearts, that word, is going to impact us and shift us and change us. There are some things he said, the Lord, all we have to do is to get somewhere and just repent and turn away from our wicked ways. There are some words that have challenged us to know that we are sons. We don't have to be afraid. We are sons of God and God is our Father and we can walk with our heads held high because we know our position and our inheritance in the living God and Father. He also mentioned about not just called to salvation and not just called to sonship, but called to serve the King of kings and the Lord of lords. I pray that, jehovah, god, as we walk out tonight meditating on these things, that, father, we shall find a place when we are alone and say, father, I say yes to this calling, I say yes to the calling of salvation, I say yes to the calling of sonship. I say yes to the calling of salvation. I say yes to the calling of sonship, I say yes to the call of service and I know God, whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Tonight, father, as we release the blessing, as we go back into the night, to our homes, to our destinations, may the angels who have visited with us tonight accompany every child of God to their destination, that their travel will be safe, that they'll reach home and find that their homes are well and, regardless of the situation, they will know that God is in control. And, father, we pray that in this season, this week, as revival fires are burning, that they will start with me. And, father, we give you the glory and the praise. Thank you again for the worship team, the rock worship team. We celebrate them, we celebrate the gift that they are and we bless rock ministries and Bishop Julian Kula. And we just want to say thank you and we give you the Kuna. We just want to say thank you and we give you the glory. We give you the cuna. We just want to say thank you and we give you the glory, we give you the praise. May these fires go with us tonight. May we cause, wherever we are, to light up those fires. May the light of God shine so that others may see our good works and give glory to our Father, who is in heaven. Father, we say thank you and now. May the Lord bless you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you. May the Lord be gracious to you. May the Lord bless you when you come in. May the Lord bless you when you go out. May the Lord bless you when you rise up. May the Lord bless you when you sit down. May the Lord bless you that you may become a blessing. May the Lord lift you, that you may lift others. May the Lord fight you. That you may lift others. May the Lord fight your battles, because he has never lost one. In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit and God's people say another hand to the Lord, amen.
Speaker 3: Amen, amen, amen.
Speaker 4: Amen and now. May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us now and forevermore.
Speaker 1: Amen.