Speaker 1: Bishop T Nalo is the founder and presiding bishop of Praise Chapel Ministries. His testimony is anchored in Luke, chapter 1, verse 37, for with God, nothing will be impossible A verse that has inspired the passion and drive in his life and ministry. He is passionate about transforming lives through the power of love the love of God and the love of people. Before founding Praise Chapel, he was the youth pastor at Dove Christian Fellowship in Nairobi. Later he moved to Mombasa Pentecostal Church, where he sat for 12 years in various capacities, including as the associate pastor. Bishop Tina law is the chair of the pastors ambassadors body in Mombasa, which mediates between the church and the government. He is a member of the Council of Bishops for the coast region, the pattern of the global leadership summit coast region, and the current chair of the Bible Translation and Literacy Run for the Bibleists Mombasa Chapter. He also serves on the advisory board of the Mombasa Pastors Fellowship. For 10 years he has served as the chair of the Governor's Christmas Tree Event in Mombasa County and the Secretary of the Mombasa Church Forum, a group that brings together mainstream churches and evangelicals. Bishop T holds a Bachelor of Arts in Bible and Theology from the Pan-African Christian University in Nairobi. He is a trained counsellor through the Deister University Extension Program. He is trained in conflict resolution and is a peace ambassador with the National Cohesion and Integration Commission. He is also a seasoned writer. Bishop T ministers to all age groups, having started his ministry as a children's and youth pastor. His ministry includes primarital counseling classes, church planting, community development among the poor, rehabilitating street families, leadership development among ministry workers, conflict resolution and leading Israel pilgrimage tours. He is widely travelled. Bishop T is married to Pastor Liz T and they are blessed with three children John Nalo, tim Nalo and Amor Nalo. Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for Bishop T Nalo.
Speaker 2: I'm still wondering whether this is Baptist Church. I want to take this opportunity to really appreciate your senior pastor, reverend Ambrose Nyangau, the associate pastor, dr Simon Mwangi. These are people that I've related with for many years. I think we got to know each other in the early 90s and it is amazing that there are things, profound things, that I can learn from these two. It is very encouraging to see seasoned pastors from these two. It is very encouraging to see seasoned pastors that can serve together for decades. I think this is something that the church needs to really learn from Ambrose and Simon. But I've just realized why. I mean, who wouldn't want to stay here for decades? I would want to come and stay here for 50, 60 years. You seem to really love your pastors Wow, amazing. So thank you so much, reverend Ambrose, thank you, reverend Simon, the entire leadership of Parklands Baptist Church and also the congregants for according me this occasion. I take it as a privilege. I know it is not always easy to get people coming from that side to here. It is always this side going that way and I don't know why, but I thank God that I was able to come from that side to this side. Please be seated in the presence of the Lord. I have a special friend, also in the congregation. If I was one of those pastors that talk a lot about sons, I have one of my spiritual sons here, jj, jj, jj, jj. We come a long way. I was his youth pastor in Mombasa and I thank God for the transformation, the transformation, the transformation, hallelujah. Thank you so much, reverend Nyangao. This young man was promising when he was in Mombasa but he gave us some little difficult time. That is why when you see somebody come from Mombasa who knows JJ, they are excited to see where God has placed him right now. It's a joy. It's a joy you should have met him in 1997, 1998. But God is good, he's amazing. I also have in the house my firstborn son, john Nalo. We are in Mombasa but Johnny is here in Nairobi. He graduated from the Nairobi University and he's a lawyer by profession but right now does a lot of public policy writing, especially with the county governments, and we thank God for the way that God is raising him up. I also want to appreciate some of our leaders who moved to Nairobi Dr Amani Kumora and his wife, esther Amani, thank you so much for coming to join up together with me. Dr Mani just finished his term as a commissioner with SRC and, together with his wife, they are very, very good in what is that field you do? Human resource, human resource. So if you need help, I believe they're already now consulting. You can talk to them. We also have one of our youth members that has also grown up. She's a good singer, gloria Dalluma. Yeah, if we had time, we would have given her time to sing. Time would have given her time to sing. We invited Reverend Nyungao. When I was a youth pastor in Mombasa, I had a senior pastor who was a Canadian, a very tough man. You know those Canadians with green eyes. Have you ever seen a man with green eyes? Jj knows what I'm talking about. So, as a youth pastor, I invited Parklands Baptist Church. They used to have a powerful music ministry and Mama Martha was one of those singers at that time and they came all the way. Actually, they came twice and Reverend Nyanga was our speaker on, I think, saturday and Sunday, and the day that he came in for that Saturday meeting he sat with the team the music team at the back, just quiet. I don't know whether he has changed the way he sits. He used to just sit and he looked like he was there. He was not there, it, and it looked like he was there. He was not there and the senior pastor called me and asked me do we have the right man to preach? And I said yes, we do. He asked me several things that I did not know how to say Because I was still building relationship With Reverend Ambrose. But then, when he stood up, I took that mic. I tell you it was something else the humor, the power, the humor, the power, the message, the depth of it. It was something else and to date we still remember you, reverend. Thank you so much for being a blessing to the body of Christ. Kindly allow me to also bring greetings from my wife, pastor Liz, and also our church Praise Chapel in Mombasa. And, reverend Ambrose, I want to take this opportunity officially now to congratulate you for being made given that honor of Elder of the Burning Spear. Wow, wow, wow. What a privilege, what an honor to have one of us. You know, when the clergy gets an opportunity to receive some of these things, you say one of us. Finally, one of us has also been recognized. So congratulations, and I don't know whether it was a surprise, because I should have been here. I should have been here to celebrate together with you. Allow me to call us to prayer right now. Our Heavenly Father, we are so grateful this evening. We thank you for your presence and your power that we have already felt in this place. Lord, we surrender to you in all ways Emotionally, spiritually, physically. We surrender to you and we ask that you will have your way, minister, to us. Lord, use any means to touch somebody's life today so that by the time we get out of this place, we will be able to truly say I am not going out the same way I came in, but I'm going out blessed, I'm going out transformed. I'm going out transformed, I'm going out renewed. In Jesus' name, we pray Amen and amen. I want to run you through my sermon so that if I don't finish, because I see a timer up there and it's running very fast. But we are speaking about the resilience of the unbound and I want you to note these few things. Number one to be resilient, you must believe that trials are key to spiritual stamina. If you want spiritual stamina, you must embrace trials. Number two to be resilient, you must know that resilience is fueled by the Spirit of God. It is not brought by toughening up. Number three to be resilient, you must know that resilience does not come automatically. It is intentionally built. Number four to be resilient, you must believe that you are not walking alone and I'm not talking about Liverpool fans, because I'm not one of them, hallelujah. To be resilient, number five, you must know the cost of the gospel and be ready to pay it. Number six to be resilient, your eyes must be fixed on Jesus, who is at the finishing line. Number seven to be resilient, you must believe that you shall overcome by the blood of the lamb and by the word of your testimony. Those are the few things that I need to speak to us about today. I don't know how many of you have heard of a man by the name DL Moody. Dl Moody gives us a secret to be impacted in a church service. And DL Moody who has impacted the world. I believe by the time he was dying he had spoken to millions of people. But DL Moody was transformed by a preacher by the name Val really somebody like that. But what transformed DL Moody has become one of the secrets that I use to also help my own life. You only need a word Praise the name of the Lord. You only need a word. And the entire sermon that was preached to DL Moody. He got this word and that word transformed him totally and completely. The preacher on that day said Totally and completely. The preacher on that day said the world has yet To see or to know what God will do With a man, with a man, with a man that is solely Committed to him. And DL Moody came out of that service and he said the man, or the preacher said a man. He didn't say educated man, he didn't say a rich man, he didn't say a man that is well endowed, he just said a man. He didn't say a man that is well-endowed, he just said a man. And DL Moody said by the help of God, I will be that man. And indeed DL Moody became more than that man. I'm saying that to encourage you today that many things are said in a sermon, but all you need is a word that God will impress in your heart and in your spirit, that you will go out with and say that one, that one was a remnant word for me, and run with that word, and your life will never be the same again. Arwan was a rhema word for me, and run with that word, and your life will never be the same again. I'm here to remind you that the Christian life is a journey of faith and I thank God that on Monday you were told about faith. The Christian life is a journey of faith. Life is a journey of faith. This journey has never been smooth. From the time that God began to call man, it has never been smooth. I know that we are trying to smoothen it now with you know, with the gospel that we preach nowadays, the gospel that we preach nowadays, the gospel that has made the men of God to be hated Because we want to flounder riches. But the Christian life has never been a smooth one. At least, I have not experienced smoothness. I've had my valley moments and I've had my dark moments, but I thank God that those valley moments and those dark moments are the ones that shaped my life. They are the ones that brought me to where I am. They are the ones that transformed me to where I am. They are the ones that transformed me to who I am today. This Christian life is filled with challenges, trials, setbacks and spiritual warfare. And if you are not resilient, if you are not committed enough to this life, this Christian life, committed enough To this life, this Christian life, if you are not ready To endure as a person that is resilient, that, a person that has decided, no matter what happens, I will serve the Lord, if you are not committed, you will not make it. And Jesus did not hide this from us. He told us in John, chapter 16 and verse number 33, that in this world you will have trouble, but take heart. Take heart, tell your neighbor, take heart. I have overcome the world, take heart. Jesus is saying because I overcome, you too shall overcome. And that encourages me, because I know he's not lying, I know he's not just pumping himself up. I know that he did, because he went to the cross, he died, was buried and he rose again. And because he did, I am encouraged that I will make it Praise the name of the Lord. I want you to know that in the days we are living in, as a believer, even though things may look like, you know, with the prosperity gospel, it is now one. You know it is an exciting thing to be a believer, but I'm here to tell you as a believer, in these days, resilience is not an option, it is foundational. Make resilience one of your foundations, because it is not an option. The scripture that we just read in John 16, 33, in this world you will have trouble. That trouble underline the word trouble. The trouble that we have is not the same. Some of us, our trouble is money. We are looking for it everywhere and we can't get it. And some of us, the trouble with the money is we have too much. We think God, you know, has no place in our lives. Some of us, our trouble is acceptance. People don't just like us Sometimes you don't know why. Have you ever met people who say I don't like so-and-so and I don't know why? They just don't like you. Some of us, our trouble is the pressure that we have, you know, from the places where we do business or where we work is a trouble because you don't know how to handle it. Some of us, the trouble we have is, you know, in our relationship, just because you have refused to accept certain things. Nobody has approached you for marriage because of your stand, and it is one of the things that you have to deal with as a Christian. But I'm here to encourage you, because Jesus made it. You too shall make it, hallelujah, like Paul and Timothy, we are called to share the gospel Not because it's something that we, you know, we'll just share easily. We are called to share the gospel in times, in good times and in bad times. Share the gospel in times, in good times and in bad times. I know we have a song that says in good times and bad times, but sometimes what we sing is not what we do. But I'm praying that God will help us, that we can be able to preach the gospel in good times and in bad times and in bad times. And I'm here to remind you that God has given us the Holy Spirit to help us in these troubling moments, of the troubling areas that we will find ourselves struggling, where we need resilience. The Holy Spirit has been given to strengthen us, to guide us, to sustain us, to empower us. Praise the name of the Lord, hallelujah, when Jesus rose again and he made the disciples and he was giving them the assignment of the work that they needed to do to preach the gospel to the entire world, beginning with Jerusalem, the first thing he told them was to go and wait for the power of the Holy Spirit. Today we have people that think they can do it without the Holy Spirit. You cannot make it without the Holy Spirit. Jesus knew it. That is why he told the disciples go and wait for the power of the Holy Spirit. And indeed, when they did, when they did, and the power of the Holy Spirit came, the guys who scattered when Jesus was caught, who ran away, peter, who denied him three times something, just you know, bolted out of them and they were able to stand up to all kinds of pressure. They were able to stand up to all kinds of pressure. They were able to stand up to beatings and jail times and all kinds of oppression. Why? Because the Holy Spirit helped them. I am here to remind you, child of God, you will not make it without the Holy Spirit, because resilience is not about toughening an arm. Resilience is about leaning on the Holy Spirit, hallelujah. You know, sometimes we think we can toughen it up this walk. I had a friend, a pastor, in Mombasa, and I look at his life today and something is not right. But this pastor used to tell and I look at his life today and something is not right. But this pastor used to tell us he does not leave the house before he prays for three hours. How many of you pray for 30 minutes before you leave? Three hours? Every day he says I don't leave the house before I pray for three hours, and every week he has to fast on Fridays and this, to him, was the way to toughen himself up to make it. But some of us who could not do that, we chose to lean on the Holy Spirit, hallelujah. And I can tell you today the man that was toughening it up is getting help from me, who leaned on the Holy Spirit, hallelujah. Tell your neighbor, you need to learn to lean on the Holy Spirit. You need to learn to lean on the Holy Spirit. God never promised us a smooth sailing in this life, but at least he promised a landing, safe landing, safe landing. Hallelujah, your landing is going to be safe. You know, when I was traveling on Wednesday, we came and the pilot could not land. He came, tried to land and then we saw the aircraft go up again and you know the way the plane was. You know the way when it just drops, the way things happen to you on the inside it's like your heart drops. There's a lady who vomited. Then he explained to us that he was not able to land on the first attempt. He had to go around and do some cycling and then come back and try the second time and he was able to land and people clapped their hands when we landed. I realize people are afraid to die. We want to go to heaven, but not now. It was very scary. What I know is that there might be turbulence in the air, but your life will land safely so long as you lean on the Holy Spirit of God. I know resilience has been defined to us already. I may not need to go into that, so let's just try to get into the points that I gave you. To be resilient, you must know, hallelujah, that trials are the things that will give you stamina. Spiritual stamina will not come in any other way. Spiritual stamina will not come when you have all the money you need in the bank, when your health is okay, you don't have headaches, you don't have all those trouble. Spiritual stamina will come when your health is tested, when your marriage is tested, when your business goes through a test. Spiritual stamina will come when things don't seem to go the way you expected them to go. Trials are the things that give us spiritual stamina. Praise the name of the Lord. The Bible says in the book of James, chapter one, verse number two to four but I'll just paraphrase that we need to consider it pure joy Whenever we face trials. We need to consider it pure joy. It is not easy to be in trouble and be joyful at the same time. These two can never be on the same WhatsApp group as far as we are concerned. But God is saying we need to consider it pure joy when we face all kinds of trouble, because we know that the testing of our faith produces perseverance. Hallelujah, hallelujah. You know there are times you say Overfaith produces perseverance, hallelujah. You know there are times you say I want to be this patient person. I want to be patient when things are not working in my life, when there's chaos around me. I want to be patient. But I've come to tell you patience is tested through trials. Praise the name of the Lord. I mean, you only get patience when you allow tests to come your way, but if you do not want trials, when you do not want to be tested. You will pray for patience for a long time. You may try to practice it Point number one to ten as you will read how to get patience, but you will not get it. But through trials, god will help you to get patience. I want you to know that trials are not interruptions in your Christian journey. They are part of the journey. Please embrace trials, embrace tests. They are part and the journey. Please embrace trials, embrace tests. They are part and parcel of the things you will encounter in the journey. They are not things that come to interrupt your journey. No, they are there to help you make it, give you stamina that can be able to make it. Suffering produces perseverance and perseverance produces character. Amen. Suffering produces perseverance and perseverance produces character. Amen. So anytime you find yourself going through tests and trials, even if they are the ones that look like fire, god never uses fire to destroy. He uses fire to refine. Praise the name of the Lord. He does not use fire to destroy. He uses fire to refine. Praise the name of the Lord. He does not use fire to destroy. He uses it to refine. So, god allowing things to happen into your life, he's refining you. Praise the name of the Lord. There's some of us that need some refining right now because our ages are very rugged. We are avoiding trials, we are avoiding all tests, you know, and therefore we have not been, we have not been refined. And so we, you know, you stand near them, you are being betrayed. Tell your neighbor, you need to be refined. Somebody by the name Khalil Gibran said out of suffering I've emerged. The strongest souls, the most massive characters are seared with scars. Do you have a scar? And when I read this quote from this Khalid Gibran, I was reminded of Pastor Sparfoot. We sing this song. It is well with my soul, it is well with my soul, it is well with my soul. But do you know where that song came from? Do you know how that song was given to this man? This man had just lost a business through fire. He was planning to go for holiday with his family and then the business was just raised down by a fire. So he remained behind to sort out things. But he sent his family ahead of him, his wife and four children. The ship that they were traveling in sank, sunk. Then he received those days. It was a telegram that, all gone, only one remaining, only the wife remained. All the four children died. So he took the next available ship and he was being shown where his four children drowned, looking at that blue sea. And that is the time God inspired that song into his life. Today we sing it to encourage ourselves, but it never came from a man that had it all together. It never came from a man that would stand and preach to us that so long as you have Jesus on your side, you know everything should go smoothly. It was a man that had lost almost everything, because when you lose children and all of them, you've just lost your next generation. But he was able to inspire us with a song. I am here to encourage you. Those scars are not for nothing. Every scar that you have in your life as a result of trials and testing, god will use it to transform lives to his glory. Praise the name of the Lord, and somebody by the name Bruce Lee said do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure difficult one, because an easy life will never come, an easy life will never be there. But I know that you can endure a difficult one, so pray that God will help you with strength to endure a difficult life, not necessarily to have an easy one, because an easy one will never come. Romans, chapter 5, verse number 3 and 4, echoes this Suffering, suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character and character hope. There is no way you can be able to make it in life without trials and testing. Live without trials and testing. That is why the people that decided to embrace resilience in their walk with God are the ones that are impacting lives Right now. We have two sets of Christians those who are just waiting for their time to be up, to go home, and those who have decided my life must count. And I don't know where you fall, but I have decided my life must count. Praise the name of the Lord. I don't just want to live my life and and wait to go to heaven. I want my life to count. And if it is going to take trials, let it be, but my life to count. And if it is going to take trials, let it be, but my life must count. Praise the name of the Lord. Number two thing that I want to say is that resilience is fueled by the Spirit, the Holy Spirit of God. Paul pleaded with God for the thorn to be taken out of his life. He had this thorn that he prayed about and as he prayed, god told him my grace is sufficient. He didn't remove the thorn. And I know there are some of us here today. There are things you are prayed for for God to deal with, but they are still looking you straight in the eyes and it's like they are telling you we are going nowhere. We are going nowhere and you are fasted. And if you are the type that goes to look for prophets, maybe you have even gone and looked for prophets and they have anointed you, but the problem still looks you square in the eye. What you are missing to hear from God is that his grace is sufficient. His grace is sufficient and the Holy Spirit of God is the one that teaches you to know that the grace of God is all I need. The grace of God is all I need so that when this problem is looking me straight in the eyes, it's not going. I'm praying for my children to turn around and they are not turning around. I'm praying for peace to be in my marriage. It's not going. I'm praying for my children to turn around and they are not turning around. I'm praying for peace to be in my marriage. It is not coming. I'm praying for doors to open for my business. It's not happening. They are looking me straight in the eyes. I'm praying for patience, and sometimes you lose it even the more. But thank God for his grace. When you turn and lean to the Holy Spirit of God, he will remind you. The grace of God is sufficient, and the Bible says that through our weaknesses his power is revealed, Hallelujah. There are things in my life that I prayed for and they still look me in the eye today. And I fast and they still look me in the eye. Maybe I should come and be laid hands on with Reverend Ambrose, but what I've come to learn is that the grace of God can take me through anything, anything, and the more I lean on the Holy Spirit, the more this fact is embedded in my spirit and in my life. For you to be resilient, you don't need to be the type that can fast for 7 days, 14 days, 21 days, 40 days we don't want any other shakaola thing here and fast for 7 days, 14 days, 21 days, 40 days. We don't want any other shakaola thing here. Praise the name of the Lord. Learn to surrender to the Holy Spirit of God. Just lean on Him, lean on the Holy Spirit. He will help you. You know what? There are things that God has allowed in our lives so that His will can be fulfilled. And when God allows certain things in our lives as a result of his will, his will will never take us anywhere where his grace cannot sustain us. Anywhere where the will of God takes you, whether it is a dark alley, whether it is a dark alley, whether it is a valley, whether it is, you know, any of those things that will bring you down, the grace of God is able to sustain you in that place and that is why you are able to do what Isaiah tells us in Isaiah 40 and verse number 31. Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength Hallelujah and they will be able to rise up with wings like an eagle. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. There's a time I preached out of this verse and God gave me this revelation. Why there is the flying, the running, the walking, hallelujah and not fainting, is that there are times you have been flying and, because of challenges and trials and problems, that flying is reduced to running. And because the testings still continues in your life. The running is reduced to walking, hallelujah. But even when it is reduced from flying to running, to walking, the Lord says so long as your hope is in him, you will never grow weary. Praise the name of the Lord. Never, ever, you will never grow weary. God has a way of renewing strength. You look at the life of Paul and you see a man that was resilient enough that the devil could do anything, but he could never shake up the faith of Paul, not because Paul was strong. In fact, historically we are told that Paul had a very feeble body, he was a kind of a short man I don't know how true that is and he wasn't physically strong. But yet, when it came to spiritual challenges, you could bring anything. Paul said bring it on, bring it on. And he was able to persevere and endure anything that the enemy threw at him. Why? Because Paul knew how to lean on the Holy Spirit of God. In Acts, chapter 16, verse number 22 and 25, paul and Silas are in prison. They are bound physically, they have been beaten with rods, their backs are paining, their feet are chained with chains, and you know what they chose to do. On that day they chose to worship. They did not complain. They did not complain, they did not grumble. Why? Because they knew how to lean on the Holy Spirit of God, praise the name of the Lord. And the song they were singing was not a song that will make you pity them. It was a song that will challenge you. It was a song that was giving God praise. It was a song that was exalting the name of God. You know, some of us we sing, but the kind of songs we sing makes us wonder whether God is mighty. The way we talk about Ni kumbuke. You know you're singing, but you're just showing pity. But not paul. Paul was singing hymns. They were glorifying god and the people that were in prison together with them. They wondered how are people that have been beaten up are people that have been put in not for any wrong they did were able to raise up worship to God? But I'm here to tell you sometimes your most powerful worship will not be in the sanctuary, but it shall be in the struggle. Praise the name of the Lord. What Paul and Silas did? They decided instead of complaining. Did they decided instead of complaining, they decided to take a posture of worship. You may not be able to change the situation you find yourself in, but you can choose the posture you will be in in that trouble. Praise the name of the Lord. So you may not change the struggles that the enemy is throwing at you, but you can choose the posture to take and I'm here to encourage you. Take the posture of worship, because when you take the posture of worship, worship is a weapon. My friends, worship is a weapon. Worship can make the shackles break. Worship can open closed doors. Worship has lifted up people from who are bed ridden and doctors have said there's nothing else we can do. Worship is a weapon. Take the posture of worship as a resilient person. Take the posture of worship. Don't take the complaining and grumbling posture that most of us do. Praise the name of the Lord, hallelujah. Number three thing Resilient people Know that resilience does not come automatically. It is built intentionally. Praise the name of the Lord. You must be ready. You must be willing to take a stand for God and say no matter what happens, I am sold out for God. I am sold out for God. 2 Peter, chapter 1, verse number 5 to 7. Paul gives us what you can call the ladder to spiritual maturity, and at the center of it is perseverance, perseverance. That ladder, he says, make every effort to add to your faith, goodness, hallelujah, hallelujah. And to goodness, knowledge. And then he talks of many other things self control and perseverance. It is at the center of the ladder to maturity. If you want to be spiritually mature, you must be sold out for Christ. Ready to persevere, ready to endure anything that will be thrown at you. Praise the name of the Lord. Resilience is about daily obedience, obeying what God is saying, going where he wants you to go, doing what he wants you to do. Whether it is hard, whether it is difficult, whether it is painful, you are willing to do what he wants you to do. That is resilience, leaning on the Holy Spirit. You see, the Holy Spirit will not always just give you power and strength. There are times he's going to lead you on a path you don't like. There are things he's going to teach you that you don't like. He's a teacher, but he's not only going to teach you things that excite you. There are things he would teach you that will not be exciting. Praise the name of the Lord. He's a helper, but he's not just there to help you carry stuff. He's also there to help you. You know, remove some things out of your life and some of the things that you need to remove are never easy to remove. They are painful, but the Holy Spirit, when you lean on him, you can face anything. Praise the name of the Lord. Mark Twain says courage is not the absence of fear, but the mastery of it and for you, as a believer, how you master courage is leaning on the Holy Spirit of God, not doing anything that makes you try to toughen it up. Leaning on the Spirit of God. Praise the name of the Lord. I want you to know that you are not alone. Number four you will not walk alone. You will not walk alone as a resilient believer. You must believe and you must know that you are not walking alone. God has promised in Isaiah 43 and verse number two when you pass through the waters, I will be with you, hallelujah. You will not drown. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned. Why? Because God does not promise things that he cannot deliver. He's not a man who promises you things and then turns his back on you. When he says I will be with you in the water, he will be with you. When he says I'll be with you in the fire, he will be with you. God is not promising us a life that is free of trials and free of trouble, but he says when trials come, I'll be there with you. When the fire comes, I will not leave you alone. I'll be there in the fire with you. Praise the name of the Lord Hallelujah. And let me pause here and just say this for the sake of our nation. Let me pause here and just say this for the sake of our nation we have for lack of a better word perfected the art of using our young people. You know, we politicians, we give. We give Politicians give press conferences, mobilize, strengthen the young people, motivate them. Then they go to demonstrate. But when the guns are blazing, when the rungus are raining down, they are not there. They are not there. But God is not like our politicians, he's not just giving us words. In scripture God is saying when the Rungus rain, I'll be there with you. When the guns are blazing, I'll be there with you. That is the God I want to serve, that is the God I want to live for, that is the God I want to give my life for Praise. The name of the Lord Hallelujah. He was with Daniel in the lion's den. That is the God I want to give my life for Praise. The name of the Lord Hallelujah. He was with Daniel in the lion's den and he met the lions on that day To be so full they did not want to eat. Daniel stayed in the lion's den the entire night and he was not eaten. And you know some people will argue and say, no, no, no, those lions were. They were not the type that eats people. The next day, some people were thrown into the same den. Before they landed, their bones were crashing. Same lines Praise the name of the Lord. There's a man that does debates Christian versus Muslim debate and when they were debating one time this Muslim said you know this story about the children of Israel crossing the Red Sea on dry ground. It's not that miraculous as we say. He said the Red Sea was actually not a Red Sea, it was the Red Sea. The water was just by, you know, reaching the knees, and that is why it was not anything that would drown anybody. That's why they walked through. But then this Christian debater said then the greatest miracle happened that chariots and horses drowned in the same water that was knee level. Praise the name of the Lord, hallelujah. Brothers and sisters, I'm here to tell you the pain you will go through is temporary. The glory awaiting you is eternal. Don't give up because of any pain. Don't give up because of any struggle. Don't give up because of anything the enemy throws at you. Don't give up because of any test that you have to go through because the glory awaiting is eternal. And somebody by the name John Ottberg says God does not protect us from trouble, but he promises to be with us in the trouble. Sometimes he doesn't remove his child from the storm, he calms his child in the storm. Praise the name of the Lord, many of us. When we are in the storm, all we want is God, calm the storm. God, get rid of this storm. But there are times that God wants you to just be there, calm in his arms in the storm. Praise the name of the Lord In the storm. Praise the name of the Lord. And you know, I've made up my mind that what I want is not necessarily that God will remove trouble, but that he will be with me even in the trouble. Praise the name of the Lord that he can stay with me in the trouble. The cost of the gospel Number five Paul and Timothy Were willing to face Any kind of testing. They were willing to pay the cost Of the gospel, the opposition and anything that they encountered through their preaching. They stood with the truth and they were willing. If it is being jailed, if it is being beaten I don't know how many of us Are in the same place when we can be able to say you know what? I'm ready to pay the price, but I will stand for the truth. Some of us right now Are paying some price. There are people that have lost their jobs because they stood for truth. There are people that will never get tenders because they stand for the truth. There are people that will never be able to get promotion at the places of work because they stand for the truth. They stand for godliness. But I've come to encourage you today. Praise the name of the Lord, stand for godliness, stand for truth, be resilient during that time. If you miss promotion, let it be. If you're not going to get the tender, let it be, because what awaits you is better than the promotion, better than the tender. But also, god has a way of taking us through some stuff that by the end of it he receives all the glory and all the honor. I don't know whether you have met people that have been thankful because they lost a job. We have a lady in our church. She went to work and on that day it was just a normal day. But the boss told her before you leave today, I want to see you come into my office. And so in the evening she went into the boss's office and the boss handed her a letter of termination. This lady said she went back home and she cried all the tears she could cry out and she asked God why I have been faithful, I am committed to you, I have walked with you, I have stood every test and every trial. Why am I being fired? Why am I losing my job? The husband wasn't working and they have two girls in school. He said God, what do I do next? He said but you know, you cannot cry forever. Right, if you decide to cry forever, you will never move. So the week later she decided to do something. She went and got some tea leaves and started to sell tea leaves to her friends. But the tea leaves to her friends was not bringing in anything much. But then she kept on resilient. She did not give up. She chose not to complain and grumble. She took the posture of worship, cut the long story short. She got a new job. She had worked in the previous job for 23 years. When she got this new job, within two years she was able to achieve things that she was never able to achieve in 23 years. Praise the name of the Lord. She got a car and eventually began to construct a house and she said I feel like going back and telling the boss thank you for firing me. Hallelujah, that's what she felt. She felt like going back and just saying thank you for firing me, because if she was never fired, she would not have been where she was, she wouldn't have achieved the thing she achieved. Glory to God. In the book of Hebrews, chapter 12, verse number 1 and 2, and I'm bringing this to a close we are told that we need to run this race with perseverance, with our eyes fixed on Jesus, who is waiting for us at the finish line. And the sixth thing that I'm saying is, as a resilient believer, you must know, you must fix your eyes on Jesus waiting for you at the finish line. And the Bible says that Jesus also ran his race for the joy that was set before him. And you know what that joy was. It was you. That joy was you, and because of you, jesus endured the cross. And if Jesus endured the cross for you, I believe you also can endure some tests and trials for him. Praise the name of the Lord. You too can endure some trials and some testings for him. Keep your eyes on the crown of life. Keep your eyes on Jesus, the author and the finisher of your faith. For a Christian, heaven is not the reward for endurance, it is the reason that you endure. Heaven is the reason, hallelujah, it's not a prize you're waiting for. It's the reason, hallelujah, it's not a prize you're waiting for. It's the reason you have every reason to endure everything that you go through. Why? Because heaven awaits you. Praise the name of the Lord, heaven awaits you. You see, if Jesus gave up on us, if Jesus could not endure the cross, he went and prayed and asked God to remove the cup to stop him from going to the cross. But he added and said not my will, but your will be done, praise the name of the Lord. And he went and was able, through that will of God, to bring us where we are today. I encourage you if it is the will of God, go through it. If it is the will of God, go for it. If it is the will of God, allow it to happen in your life. Jesus has promised that you will overcome by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of your testimony. Praise the name of the Lord. Of your testimony. Praise the name of the Lord. Let me tell you, some of the testimonies you have Are powerful messages that can never be preached on a pulpit like this. There are people that are watching you, they are watching your life and it is only your life that can preach to them. There are people that have written off preachers. They don't want to listen to preachers, they don't want to go to church, and I know the same mentality is getting into our Gen Z's and they are coming up with t-shirts and saying we have not rejected God, we have rejected the church. But you cannot rejected the church, but you cannot reject the church and accept the God of the church, because the Bible says Jesus is the head of this body, the church. So there's no way you can accept the body without the head Hallelujah. So, gen Z's, cannot. If you're here and you're one, you must accept the church. Hallelujah, hallelujah. So your story is the key that can unlock someone else's prism. Praise the name of the Lord. There's a story of a preacher that went to preach in a town somewhere and he's one of those preachers that will go with the media team to capture the moments so that he can be able to, you know, put them on his magazine. So he went and preached powerfully and there's a man that was a notorious gangster in that city who that day gave his life to Christ. And he didn't know the man. But the pastor said Today one of the notorious gangsters in our city has given his life to Jesus. And the man was excited. He called his media team and said I want to interview this man. So he brought the man and he was stood there and said I want you to tell me which part of my message really touched you, that gave you, that moved you until you surrendered I know I've been told you're a gangster what part of my message that really touched you today, until you surrendered your life to Christ? The man said none and he thought he didn't hear him. He went slowly I'm trying to say when I was preaching, which of the points that I gave touched your life until you surrendered your life to Christ? And the man said none. And so the man said so why did you give your life to Jesus? And he said my neighbor, I've been watching my neighbor, I've been watching her life. I've been watching her life. I've been watching the way she carries herself, I've been watching the way she lives and he said today I decided to follow her to the church she goes. That is why I came to church and I came specifically to give my life to Jesus, because of her. That is why I'm here to tell you your life can be one of the most powerful summons that can ever be preached. Live your life with perseverance. Live your life with endurance. Live your life with resilience, because you might be the only someone that can turn somebody around. You might be the only someone that somebody is waiting for to surrender their lives to Christ, not because Bishop T has preached, but because something you have been doing and going through has challenged them. Hallelujah, hallelujah. Romans, chapter 12 and verse number 12 says be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer. You see, when you are resilient for God, when you want the will of God over anything else, the joy of the Lord becomes your strength. Hallelujah, patience becomes your strength. Hallelujah, patience becomes your anchor for the time of difficulties, and faithfulness silences every voice that tries to discourage you. We need believers in this nation who will not sell their birthright for promotions. We need believers in this nation who will not surrender their lives to intimidation. We need believers in this nation who will be courageous enough to walk through every valley, every fire and every flood. I want to end by reading us something that I came across and I believe that this will inspire you. I believe that this Will inspire you. I close with this. I read it and I felt very, very inspired, and I know that sometimes we go through some of these things and we wonder will we ever make it? Sometimes we look at our nation and we wonder will we ever make it? Will things ever change? But that change has to come through you and me. This is how this write-up goes. It says Bees hold a hidden wisdom that we can learn from. We are told that when a beehive loses its queen, we are told that when a beehive loses its queen, the one life giver and unifier of their intricate society, it faces a quiet catastrophe. The rhythm of the colony slows down, no new eggs mean no future and within weeks extinction looms. I know you understand that about bees. But the bees don't fall into a panic, they don't get into a chaotic disorder. They don't wait for rescue. Instead, they act swiftly, intelligently and instinctively. What follows is one of nature's most remarkable responses to crisis. It begins with an unexpected decision. From among the countless ordinary larvae destined to become ordinary worker bees, a few are chosen. They aren't special, they weren't born different, but their destiny is about to change. These chosen few are fed something extraordinary Royal jelly, a potent, nutrient-rich secretion from specialized nurse bees. It's more than food. It's a signal, a biological switch. They are fed exclusively on this substance. One larvae's body begins to transform. It grows larger, stronger. Its lifespan extends nearly 20 fold. It will no longer serve, it will reign. The queen is not born, she is made. This isn't about superior genes. It's about nourishment, care and environment. If humans could do the same, take any child and, with right support, cultivate greatness, can you imagine how our society would be? Crisis doesn't end life, it creates. Leaders. Say amen. The lover's transformation doesn't just save her, it rescues the entire hive. As a new queen, she restores the colony's order, fertility and rhythm. A future once threatened is rebuilt, stronger and more resilient A quiet lesson in resilience. In their silence, bees teach us that when everything seems lost, what is needed is not panic. It's vision, choice, compassion and leadership. Choice, compassion and leadership. The award reminds us that greatness isn't born, it is nurtured. That even in the darkest times, with the right support, someone ordinary can become extraordinary, because sometimes the most powerful leaders rise from the most uncertain moments. I want you to rise. I may not know what you are going through, I may not know the challenges you are facing, but one thing I know is that the Lord you serve is not just about to give up on you. I may not know what you're going through, but one thing I know is that you will land safely. So long as you remain resilient, you will land safely. I may not know how long it will take for you to experience that trial and that test, but one thing I know is that your stamina, spiritual stamina, is being built. I'm going to ask the senior pastor to come and pray for us, those of us who are going through challenges and are going through pain, going through trials and testings, not knowing what to do. My prayer is that God God, in his own way, he will find a way on how to see you through it. Reverend Ambrose.
Speaker 3: Baba wambinguni nyosha, nyosha kolo hatu hatu, hatu no-transcript. I think God is releasing a message and we have kept hearing it since Monday that trials, challenges, trouble gives you stamina to rise to heights you've never risen to. There are some of us here. For the last three months, we've gone through some very challenging moments, to the point of wanting to give up, but God is now stretching his hand. No panic, no feeling helpless, and there's something God wants you to do tonight. I'm now not talking about salvation. I'm talking about some people who have gone through a very challenging season the last three, four months and are wondering if they will make it through the rest of this year. I don't know what the trouble has been, but it has been trouble. I don't know what the challenges have been, but they've been challenges, and I want you to do something tonight. And I want you to do something tonight. Let God see you step forward and agree with someone that you're not going to give up, you're going to be resilient and allow the Holy Spirit to take you to the end of that race, looking unto Jesus, the author and the perfect of your faith. We have an altar call team here, not so that they can pray you for salvation, but they can agree with you that, regardless of the challenges you've gone through, the Holy Spirit will see you through. So, as we sing that chorus, one more time step forward, for God's hand has been stretched out. That's right. Come forward. That's right, come forward. That's right. God's hand has been stretched out to you. Hallelujah, yes, come forth.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 3: It's for you.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 3: God is going to answer your prayer tonight.
Speaker 4: Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Abba Ab I would like to ask some of you to come forward and pray for these ones who are here.
Speaker 3: It's a prayer of agreement. Some of our deacons, some of our ministry leaders. Just step forward In Jesus' name. There's something God is doing, something fresh, something new. Just an agreement, because God is going to turn your situation around. As the Lord leads you, just continue singing. If you have another song, just sing it. Amen, we are in prayer. We are in prayer.
Speaker 4: Yosha, yosha, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, my to you that's right. Let your Holy Spirit come and take control of every situation that I have. Hold my mind, hold my case and burdens unto you.
Speaker 3: That's right Thank you, Jesus. Yes, lord, yes Lord, Flow, flow, holy Spirit, flow. Thank you, holy Spirit, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yes, lord, every situation that's right.
Speaker 3: Yes, lord, every situation that has troubled my mind.
Speaker 4: All my cares and burdens are to you, my Lord, that you're leaving for us. Your Lord, I roll, let your living water say. Let your living water, yes, jesus, your hope by my soul, let your holy spirit come and take control Of every situation Let us try Of every situation that has troubled my mind, all my cares and burdens done to you, my Lord Jesus, that's right. Jesus, jesus, jesus, jesus, jesus. The NAME OF BIBERIA, the NAME JESUS JESUS. We CALL YOU JESUS, we call you Jesus, we call you Jesus, jesus, jesus, jesus, jesus, the name above every other name, the name with so much power, so much power, so much power. Jesus, jesus, jesus. We call you Spirit, spirit of the Most High God, holy Spirit, holy Spirit, holy Spirit, holy Spirit. We shout Spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit.
Speaker 3: Spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, Spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit, spirit. He is living. Just play that song quietly. Hallelujah, the Holy Spirit is moving in this service right now. Open your mouth and just call on the name of the Lord, those who have come forward and those who are still up there. There's something God is doing in your life tonight, the rivers of living water are flowing upon you and God is giving you a new spirit of resilience. God is saying they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary. They shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint. Receive the spirit of resilience, lean on that spirit. It is the spirit of the unbound. Oh my God, oh my God, holy Spirit, let the rivers of living water, those watching us online, the Holy Spirit also is in your house Right now. Let the rivers of living water Come through for you. Come through for you. Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah. Now I want us to be still, wherever you are, be still, but keep playing that song in the background. But all of us be still, be still, hallelujah, be still. The Holy Spirit is in the house. The fire of God is in this house. Just be still. The Bible says be still and know that I am God. He understands what you have gone through. He knows what you will go through in the days to come. And the Holy Spirit is assuring you and says in the world, you'll have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. God has overcome the world for you. God has overcome the trouble for you. Don't be afraid, for God has not given you a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power and love and a sound mind. And tonight, like the preacher said, you're going to land safely. You are going to land safely, hallelujah, hallelujah. You're going to land safely. I'm telling you, there may be turbulence, but you're going to land safely. Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah. Blessed be the Lord, god Almighty, who was and is and who is to come. There's no God like the God of Israel, there's no God like the God who loves us, regardless of what we are going through. This God is a healing God. Let him heal your troubled heart. This God is an encouraging God. May he encourage you through this darkness. May he bring you into a light that will never grow dark. The Holy Spirit is in here and God is asking you to surrender to this Holy Spirit. So why don't you just lift up your hands, wherever you are, and surrender to this Holy Spirit? As we sing that song again, let the living waters. While we are singing, just surrender yourself to the Holy Spirit. Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord. Let the living waters flow over my soul.
Speaker 4: Let your Holy Spirit come and take control of every situation that I struggle my mind, all my cares and burdens unto you. I roll let your living waters flow over my soul and let your Holy Spirit, let your Holy Spirit come and take control of every situation that has troubled all my mind. All my cares and burdens. Unto you I draw.
Speaker 3: Heavenly Father, tonight something is shifting, something is changing, something has shifted in people's hearts and minds. Father, we thank you for the word that has come across in such a powerful way, in such a clear way, and Holy Spirit led and we know that something is shifting in our hearts. There is healing, there is healing, there is restoration, there is revival and there is healing, there is restoration, there is revival and there is renewal. And we know, lord, as we walk out of this place, the spirit of resilience Will carry us through. If you believe that, you better say I receive it, I take it, it is my portion and there is nothing the devil can do about it. Now, why don't you give God a big hand? Amen, amen, come on, come on, come on somebody. Let's celebrate the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, hallelujah.
Speaker 4: Hallelujah, hallelujah.
Speaker 3: Amen, amen. Have you been blessed tonight. Blessed is the man of God, bishop T Nalo.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 3: Amen. And, like he said, we were in his church in Mombasa many years ago and Martha was in the choir Hallelujah. It was an amazing time and we thank God just for that collaboration and that ministry, for him to come all the way from Mombasa to be able to be here with us, and we thank God for his son who is also here. God bless you big time. God has been a good God and we want to celebrate this amazing worship team. Come on somebody, amen, amen. God bless you, bless you, amen, amen. God bless you. God bless you, amen, amen. Tomorrow. What time are we coming? 5.30 be here Sunday. How many services are we having One? What time and what time will you come? Thank you, thank you. Thank you. Now you heard that there will be shuttles from St Mary's. Okay, so don't walk to St Mary's and take a shuttle to here. There are books in our bookshop. One is called Prayers that Prevail, written by Pastor Ambrose. Another one is called Marriage With A Purpose. Marriage With A Purpose. Let me ask the son to bishop Are you married? Come here, come here, buona Sifire. Now, this is a good book. Marriage with a Purpose. This is your gift. Bless you. Prayers that prevail, pastor Simon, who do you think I should give this book? Huh, worship leader. Okay, amen, amen, amen. And they are going to be ushering us out. Remember, there's a cup of tea. Tell your neighbor, there's a cup of tea. Tell your neighbor. The Bible says come for tea. Come for tea, my people, hallelujah. Pastor Simon, this is an amazing congregation. Why don't we celebrate one another in Jesus' name, amen, before we say the grace? Pastor Simon, you mentioned about the I Believe Park. I Believe Park. I had a copy. I don't know if JJ took off with it. Jj, how many of you believe that JJ has come from far? I need to get more stories about where he came from so that we can celebrate the miracle that is in JJ. So this I Believe Park is for you to share with somebody else and say it is revival time. There are four cards in here of such a blessing. Get a copy just 100 shillings and bless somebody. Amen. Now look at your neighbor and tell your neighbor, surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life and you shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever and ever, and there's nothing the devil can do about it. You are blessed to be a blessing. You are favored to be favorable. You are lifted to lift others up. This is your portion. Take it in Jesus' name. Come on another big hand to the Lord and now. May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us now and forevermore. Amen.
Speaker 1: Shalom.