Improving Employee Performance in Financial Services
February 08, 2023
Our guest in this People and Performance episode is Tara Favors, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer at Mutual of America Financial Group.
Tara is responsible for HR strategy, including talent acquisition, development, retention, DEI, organizational learning, compensation programs, employee benefits, and the development of a hybrid employee work policy.
She works closely with the Executive Committee as they implement their transformational business initiatives and update their long-term strategic plan.
Questions For Tara Include:
- How have HR departments evolved since you joined the financial services industry?
- What are examples of important initiatives HR departments in the financial services industry are or should be focused on right now to create meaningful change?
- How can C-suite executives and HR departments in financial services better support each other to drive business success?
- Where do you see DEI at Mutual of America in the future? How do you plan to get there?
- In one minute or less, can you share one piece of advice or some direction you were given by a mentor, leader or colleague that inspired you to perform at a higher level in your career
- From a culture and people processes perspective, what does a high-performing company mean to you?