People and Performance Podcast
How Leaders Can Transform Organizational Culture with Kevin Oakes
November 24, 2021
In this episode of the People and Performance Podcast, we consider ways leaders can better align with the culture of an organization and drive performance based on agility, resilience, and innovation.
Bill and Chris are joined this time by Kevin Oakes, CEO and co-founder of the Institute for Corporate Productivity (i4cp), an authority on next practices in human capital.
Kevin is also the author of Culture Renovation™. Drawing on data from one of the largest studies ever conducted on corporate culture, Culture Renovation™ details how high-performance companies such as Microsoft, T-Mobile, 3M, AbbVie, Mastercard, and many more have successfully changed organizational culture.
- When is an organization in need of a culture renovation? Has the pandemic exacerbated any of these problems?
- Recent studies show that 62% of consumers want brands to stand for something. Has this led to more brands taking a stand and making purpose part of their culture?
- You suggest that all too often leaders don't really get the culture of their org. Why are leaders often wrong about what their corporate culture represents, how can they start getting it right, and what's the impact when the top level is aligned with the culture?
- What advice do you have for business leaders when it comes to communicating change with employees?
- In a newly renovated workplace culture, leaders must determine what desired behaviors will best support the company’s purpose. How can they determine what those behaviors should be and how do they reinforce them?