We talk with Dr. Keith Heinzerling, Director of the Treatment and Research In Psychedelics (TRIP) program at the Pacific Neuroscience Institute, about his experience running a psychedelic clinical trial.
1) psychedelics for creativity
2) what it's like sitting with a patient that's on a psychedelic trip
3) why TRIP chose psilocybin (active ingredient in magic mushrooms) for their clinical trial
4) surprises as he watches patients go through the experience
5) viability of "remote trip monitoring" for psychedelics
6) what Dr. Heinzerling would do if he was the "U.S. drug czar"
Keith Heinzerling is a physician board certified in Internal Medicine and Addiction Medicine. He is the Director of the Treatment & Research in Psychedelics (TRIP) Program at the Pacific Neuroscience Institute in Santa Monica. He is a graduate of the psychedelic therapist training program at the Center for Psychedelic Therapies and Research at CIIS in San Francisco.