"All you need is Love" ... "Love makes the world go round" ... Really?
What kind of love are we after? What kind of love actually is of benefit and heals the soul?
One term that is often used - particularly in Christian circles - is "Unconditional Love."
I've asked some people what Unconditional Love means - and almost everyone has answered ... "Well, it's hard to explain." So, we are encouraging people to love each other with a kind of love we cannot explain. That doesn't seem very helpful to me.
Some, however, would describe it as "loving with no strings attached ... love that is freely offered ... a compassionate love. And some simply say "AGAPE" love - referring to God's love.
I personally find "Sacrificial Love" to be a more helpful way of understanding real love.
Love costs ... and sometimes it costs a lot. It requires personal sacrifice. It may cost patience, forgiveness, money, misunderstanding, and frustration. It will require time and energy.
God's love for us is sacrificial, and our best love toward others is also sacrificial.
In this podcast, I describe the difference between sacrificial love and people-pleasing - just to make others happy, the ability to recognize and thank others for their sacrificial love toward us, and how to bring God into the sacrificial love picture.
Sacrificial love requires and ability to reset and refresh your love with God's help and resources - so you don't get overly worn and your love doesn't grow stale. God can help you love others beyond your normal capacity.
As we consider real love ... Sacrificial Love ... we are left with a few questions:
- Is there anyone God is bringing to our minds to whom we might need to express fresh sacrificial love?
- Is there anyone who has been loving us sacrificially, to whom we may want to express thanks?
- How has God recently been expressing sacrificial love toward us personally? It might be a good time to express your specific and concrete thanks to Him.
I hope you enjoy this podcast and find it helpful as you grow in your understanding and capacity to express God-empowered love!
~ Coach Tom
You can connect with me at:
P.S. ... If you are stalled in life, or particularly if you are in transition, here are three ways I can help you Get Clear, Get Focused and Be Fruitful!
1. Grab a Free Copy of my "4 Key Steps to Clarity and Fruitfulness" Document. It's a Blueprint to help you move ahead. Click Here
2. Join my FaceBook Group, "Greater Focus and Fruitfulness" for more teaching, training and community. Click Here
3. Work with me:
I can help you Clarify, Plan, and take Bold Steps into Your Future. Book a Free 45-Minute Strategy Session with me: Click Here