Cutting Against The Grain
Uric Acid and Fructose
February 09, 2022
Laura Spath and Judy Cho
In this episode, Judy and Laura share new insight into uric acid and fructose, and what it means for a meat-based carnivore diet.
- What is gout? And standard care’s recommendations
- Normal ranges for uric acid
- What is uric acid? What are purines?
- What does it have to do with liver and organ meats?
- How uric acid can be different for ketogenic diets
- The concern of eating fruits + honey + liver with a meat-only carnivore diet
- What if you can look healthy and seem to tolerate the additions?
- Modern day fruits
- Why is beer risky for carnivores?
- The polyol pathway (switch)
- Two camps of Carnivore: Healing illness & metabolic syndrome vs. health has a hobby
- What the science shows
- Liver can store toxins
- What to do with hyper uricemia (high uric acid levels)
- Dehydration: Drink to thirst
- How, when and how quickly you are consuming fructose is key
- Exercise and uric acid
- CGMs don’t measure fructose
- Fruits and fructose load (examples)
- Breakdown of honey and sugar
Dr. Richard Johnson
Purine-Rich Food List
NwJ Fruit Post
CATG Ep 21 – Fruit on Carnivore
NwJ + Dr. David Perlmutter Interview
DISCLAIMER: This podcast should never be considered medical advice. We always recommend working with your medical team. Do not self-diagnose. Always seek medical guidance when you have a medical condition.