Marcus Today Market Updates
Marcus Today Pre-Market Podcast – Wednesday 28th September
September 28, 2022
The Dow Jones was all over the place last night in a volatile session, closing down 126 points (-0.4%). The S&P 500 fell again last night, now to its lowest level since November. SPI Futures are indicating a 35-point loss this morning, wiping off the gains we saw yesterday.
- ASX SPI Futures down 35 points.
- US markets mixed as early gains evaporate
- Dow down 126 points at the close (0.4%) Dow down 21% from high.
- NASDAQ up 27 points (0.3%) Down 33% from its all time high.
- S&P 500 down 8 points (0.2%) - Down 24% from record in January.
- Fed chiefs talking mixed messages. Yields push back towards 4% in 10 years.
- Commodities mixed. Oil up 2.4% in Brent. Nord Stream sabotage in Europe.
- Copper down 0.2% Nickel down 2.7%
- BHP and RIO better in ADRs
- September quarter end beckons
Why not sign up for a free trial? Get access to expert insights and research and become a better investor.