Marcus Today Market Updates
Marcus Today Pre-Market Podcast – Friday 30th September
September 30, 2022
What goes up, must come down. The Dow Jones reversed yesterday's gains with a 458 point drop overnight (-1.5%), while the Nasdaq dropped 2.8%. SPI Futures are only down 22 points this morning, hoping to escape some of the damage.
- ASX 200 SPI Futures down 23 points.
- Dow reverses gains from Wednesday falling 458 points (1.5%) off low of down 686.
- Nasdaq drop 314 points (2.8%) Tesla and Apple hot hard.
- S&P 500 down 79 points (2.1) VIX back up 5.5%
- Commodities better. Nickel up 5.3% on LME moves against Russian exports.
- Oil flat. Gold flat. US yields better. 30 year mortgage rate hits 7% , first time since 2008.
- Iron ore unchanged.
- NSW Public Holiday Monday and quarter end.
Why not sign up for a free trial? Get access to expert insights and research and become a better investor.