We are back and in this week’s episode, I speak with Karl Marsden, Chair of Contagious
Have you ever struggled with negative self-talk? You’re not alone. Karl shares why overcoming that negativity is the most important key to building resiliency as a leader. He shares valuable tips for how we as high-achieving leaders can overcome this bad habit and find more confidence in our own leadership abilities.
Karl also delves into the true courage it takes to admit that you might not always be the best person for a job, even if you are the leader.
Key takeaways include:
● Courageous leadership starts with self-belief and belief in what you are doing
● The art of quiet leadership
● The mindset of loving work and how this can help you succeed
● Why not rushing to climb the ladder could be the thing that sets you up for success as a leader
● Recognising that you will make wrong decisions sometimes, but you will make the right ones even more
● The power of surrounding yourself with good people
Karl is an ex-media executive turned business performance and turnaround specialist with a specific interest in the SME sector. After nearly 20 years in the magazine & digital media sector, Karl left his corporate seat to become part of the founding management team at Shortlist Media Ltd a freemium-based media company.
Follow Joanna Howes and The Change Creators: