In the first episode of 2023 - we chat to Brett Turley from Bit Leave.
Brett shares his story from trips to Afghanistan to becoming a fintech founder and why he is on a mission to help employees.
We chat about annual leave, employee wellness, long service leave and the opportunities fintechs have to be embedded in the workforce.
In today's podcast Chris Titley and Rachel Hopping talk about the week that was in fintech. Rachel has just joined FA in her role of Head of Strategic Partnerships. We talk about how this role came about as well as why she is excited about 2023!
This will be the last FA podcast for 2022 - we hope all members have a safe and relaxing break and we will see you (on the airwaves) in 2023!
Today we chat with Karthik Srinivasan from Ziksu about Scan and Pay. We've seen large adoption offshore about QR codes - but will Australia also adopt this shift?
Ziksu is a company involved in this sector and Karthik chats about the methods, the ups and downs and existing trends in fintech.
- Sydney based Livewire Markets acquired Market Index
to combine analysis 🔬from Australia's leading investment professionals with extensive market data 📊research tools and scans.🗂️
- Westpac announced they will invest 🗂️ US$30 million in to ShopBack that will allow credit & debit card 💳 customers to access offers via a dedicated Westpac page in the ShopBack app 📲 & website.
• Brisbane based YouPay partnered with My Room - Children's Cancer Charity to give affected children the ability to shop 🛍️ online and allow donors to pay 🎟️
• KOBA Insurance and Ayla announced 🎤 a partnership 🤝 to allow users who manage their bills & finances via AYLA to apply for a quote for KOBA’s pay-per-kilometre car 🚙 insurance automatically.
• Sydney based Slyp announced 📢 they welcomed Kmart Australia Limited & Country Road Group to the Slyp network. 🧾
• Helen Keppe joined Envestnet | Yodlee as their new Sales and Partnerships Lead 👋
Hannah Glass , Senior Associate King & Wood Mallesons joins us for a chat.
KWM’s specialist team is at the forefront of legal and technological developments in blockchain technology, having worked with governments, banks, industry bodies and start-ups around the world.
Hannah chats about smart contracts, application use, the recent events with cryptocurrency , consensus mechanisms, data, money and a lot more!
Today we chat with Lisa Wade CEO of Digital X. DigitalX is a blockchain financial company innovating at the frontiers of Web3.0. with a sustainable focus via a commitment to the WEF ESG and Stakeholder Capital framework and RegTech innovations such as Drawbridge.
Lisa talks about the recent Cryptocurrency volatility, utility use cases, stable v unstable currencies, Web 3, Web 5 , zk snarks , validation of data and much much more!
On Tuesday we chatted with Scott Heyes, who is the Chief Financial Officer and Investor Relations Partner of Mendoza Ventures, a Boston based but location agnostic early stage and growth Fintech, AI, and Cybersecurity venture capital firm. Mendoza Ventures is the proud recipient of the 2021 Investor of the Year Community Award from Startup Boston.
Scott chats about cross border opportunites, particularly as an Australian living offshore and the need for specialisation.
Feel free to reach out on LinkedIn to Scott or via mendoza-ventures.com and I’m happy to chat with them.
* Melbourne based FrankieOne announced 📣 they raised $23m as part of an extension of their Series A to take the total funding for the round to $45m. 💰✅
* Commonwealth Bank partnered with Paydock for the launch of “Powerboard” / a “plug in” 🔌for merchants to access payment methods through a single platform. 🍽️
* Nauggets partnered with Azupay to help with instant and automatic payments in Buying, saving and spending 📲 gold ⭐️
* ASX listed Payright announced a capital raising 💵 to raise up to $5.03 million via a placement & an underwritten entitlement offer
* Online home loan marketplace JOUST partnered 🤝 with Nectar Mortgages to provide Australian 🇦🇺 borrowers with a fast, easy, seamless home loan application process ⚡️ and also ensure a constant flow of lead generation for Nectar Mortgage brokers.
* Brisbane based Ettle successfully facilitated a pilot 🛫 transaction between business clients on its stablecoin infrastructure platform 🔗 using the digital Australian 🦘 dollar token "AUDE".
5 bite sized pieces of information from the week that was in Fintech here in Australia.
In this podcast we chat to Patrick Coghlan CEO of Creditor Watch about the background of his business, their recent acquisition of Debtor Daddy and some views on further M&A in the sector. Could 2023 could be the year of consolidation for fintechs?
In the latest episode we chat to Mandeep Sandhu , Country Lead, Australia and New Zealand at Personetics about PFM (Personal Financial Management) and it's application use here locally v global offshore markets.
We chat about how sophisticated PFM's are - what they can achieve and what they as the hurdles and barriers in some situations.
We talk about budgeting, financial literacy as well as overall behaviours when it comes to money.
We've uploaded the recording of the EY FinTech Australia Census Webcast 2022
This was a live recording featuring the following speakers on the event :
Hon Ed Husic MP
Member for Chifley
Federal Minister for Industry and Science
Malia Forner (moderator)
Government Incentives and Oceania Start-up & Entrepreneurship Leader
Financial Services Technology Consulting
Head of technology and Manufacturing CoE,
Australian Trade & Investment Commission (Austrade)
Head of Innovation and Partnerships, Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific
In this episode we chat with Vinnie D'Alessandro from ASX listed Change Financial about the rise in card payments globally (particularly within Australia) and where Australia sits.
We chat all things wallets, QR, Pins as well the advancement of technology from larger more non traditional finance companies. Vinnie also talks KYC and we chat about some recent musings from Money 2020.
In this episode we dissect Angel investing in Australia - for investors and importantly fintech founders.
We chat with Cheryl Mack - who helps angel investors build their own portfolio deal-by-deal alongside notable lead investors via her company Aussie Angels.
Cheryl talks about the opportunities, the risks and how it can be used as a sound investment option for founders as syndicates grow in popularity.
In the first episode of the new series - Chris Titley chats to Matt Almond from Upsure and Paul Kang from Entersoft around cyber security combined with fintech insurance.
In this episode we delve in to the recent Optus case around
1) Sharing your data and what it may mean
2) What the response was like and government intervention
3) What to look out for if your data has been compromised ?
4) The insurance aspect - cyber insurance and brand risk
Guests : Matt Almond - Upsure , Paul Kang - Entersoft
Recorded: In-Person in Brisbane
We say goodbye , but not really to Brian Collins who has joined AWS as Fintech BDM - Oceania and thank him for the efforts as the previous host.
A small introduction to Chris Titley from Sub11 who will be hosting the podcasts moving forward :
- Background in financial services for c20 years
- Started podcasting in 2015 , close to 500 episodes
- Now runs Sub11 helping fintechs tell their stories to a wider audience.
Australian fintechs are taking on the world's best, punching above their weight and successfully launching into the world's leading financial markets.
Tune in to hear how Australian financial technology businesses are assessing global growth plans, attending international events and utilizing the support of the Australian Trade and Investment Commission to grab market share in North America, the UK, EU and more.
Brian Collins is joined by Chris Hicks from Till Payments to discuss the news from the previous month.
Today Brian is joined by that paragon of the Fintech ecosystem Dom Pym to discuss the biggest news of the month. We chat through the months biggest raises, the current markets (public, private, and crypto), what this might mean for short and mid term funding, and how fintechs can look to grow in a tougher market through partnerships.
Brian Collins is joined by Simone Joyce for a recap of the months Fintech news.