12. Autism Diagnosis After Age 30
May 04, 2022
Brianne Leeson was diagnosed with ADHD and autism in her 30s after her world came crashing down around her in the early days of the pandemic.
Listen in for more about:
- Why do late diagnoses happen, especially in those AFAB.
- How culture and religion impacted Brianne's childhood and her ADHD and autism getting overlooked.
- Why self-diagnosis is valid.
- The danger of Autism Speaks and ABA therapy.
- What masking is and what it's like to unmask and find yourself as an adult.
- The importance of clear communication.
- And so much more....
More about Brianne and resources about autism at www.caseyjourdan.com/episode12
Check out Brianne's podcast Today's Lucky Winner
Continue the conversation on Instagram @PursuitofEvolutionPod
Connect with Casey at www.caseyjourdan.com