S01E02 The Be Equals Episode
February 07, 2022
Theresa Destrebecq & Vincent Musolino
Check in Question:
- If you could spend a whole day with any one person, who would it be?
- Learning from anyone through their experiences
- Thinking that one has potential doesn’t commit to anything, but believing that people have the keys to their own happiness and that you are equals
- Seeing your children as your teacher, rather than you as their teacher.
- Equalize the relationship to reduce status/rank, and exploring how the relationship shifts when we relate to them with more equity
- Children not as spongers, but as mirrors.
- Start looking at those who we thinking can’t teach us anything, to teach us something.
- Shifting power dynamics so we are all on the same level
- Stepping down the pedestal, and/or inviting people up onto our pedestal, or giving ourselves permission to step up
- Moving from calling people patients to clients to create more of a partnership
- Fitting in, being liked, and societal shoulds being the drivers away from who we are, and our authentic selves
- Balancing group dynamics with personal needs
- Tension between who we think we are and what the group needs - finding the “right” group
- Transparency about who you are as a leader and asking team to hold you accountable to being who you are
- Which comes first, trust or vulnerability?
- Creating relationships where there is more reciprocity with intention
- In a “help relationship”, both parties are helping each other
- Not needing to be someone special to support other people and have a special role in their growth and/or learning
- Finding mutuality in our relationships
More yummy content on leaderlearner.fm