The Leader Learner Podcast
S01E12 The How Do We Respond To Gifts Episode
July 04, 2022
Theresa Destrebecq & Vincent Musolino
Enjoy this spontaneous, unplanned conversation which turned into an episode :)
- Relationship being more important than the gift
- Do gifts pollute or change the relationship?
- Polluting versus enhancing?
- What do we do with compliments?
- Genuine connections over the "connect and pitch"
- Link between connections and gifts to worthiness
- When we don't accept a gift, we rob someone of the joy in giving
- The 5 Love Languages, - Touch, Service, Words of Appreciation, Gifts, Quality Time
- The gaps between how we like to give and receive love
- Adapt love language to a work situation
- Supporting peer-to-peer displays of appreciation
- Understanding our love language based on what we like to give
- Referrals from the heart, or referrals for a percentage?
- Transparency in making referrals
- "Send the elevator back"