S03E04 The Create Your Leadership Episode
November 01, 2023
Theresa Destrebecq & Vincent Musolino
- Do you like to be used or second hand items?
- Is leadership working? Does leadership training work?
- Training cannot be done outside of the context
- Consuming, Connecting, Creating
- Stopping our ways of being are habitual is more challenging than we thought
- We are emotional beings
- Embodiment of the ideas takes longer than a training
- Being intentional about practicing the ideas we learn in the training - take the pause and creating a support system
- Sense of personal responsibility of the individuals in training
- The treadmill and lack of control prevents people from implementing
- Top management not participating in training themselves - "I am a CXO, so I don't need training." This creates misalignment.
- Transparency around how we are learning
- Alienation of true selves when we go to work
- Measuring leadership
- Attribution errors - when we attribute success to one person, rather than multiple factors
- A record doesn't matter when you hire someone
- Being a good leader of yourself, to support other leaders
- What can I do today? Taking personal responsibility
- Imitation versus borrowing
- Reading books that make you think rather than telling you what to do
- Sometimes the expert is wrong - we can't always take someone's formula and apply it to ourselves
- Process consultation - practicing on the spot
- Having multiple ongoing touchpoints throughout, or after a training is over
- Voluntary training or mandatory training? Does participation shift?
More yummy content on leaderlearner.fm