In this episode, Bryce and Misbah talk to Alice Shikina. She’s a negotiation coach & mediator. She is very comfortable in high conflict situations. She keep your logical/reasoning mind engaged, while keeping your emotions as calm as possible. Her calm and gentle, yet firm demeanor truly pulls parties toward a mutually agreeable solution.
She has several years of experience mediating landlord/tenant disputes and neighborly disputes, divorcing couples to get to a resolution around their children, money and property. Finally, family disputes can be about taking care of aging parents, strained relationships between adult siblings or children. She mediates both litigated cases, such as probate, conservatorship and unlawful detainers as well as conflicts which are not in litigation. She help parties get beyond the emotional blocks and move them to a place where they can come to agreement.
We talk about mediation/negotiation, how to stay neutral, managing emotion during mediation, and much more.
- (00:00): What is mediation or negotiation?
- (04:37): Staying neutral in a mediation
- (11:35): Amygdala: Definition and function
- (16:40): Managing emotion during a mediation
- (22:06): Therapy vs. mediation
- (28:00): Asking the right questions in a mediation
- (35:28): Don’t ask “WHY” questions
- (40:16): Encouraging people to think
- (43:06): Win-win negotiation
- (46:14): How to deal with the third-party in a mediation
- (50:13): Managing mediation while dealing with your personal problem
- (58:49): Advantages of active listening
How to connect with Alice:
Connect with Bryce Smith:
Invictus Mindset Podcast w/ Bryce Smith
Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://geni.us/Azjc4L6
Watch on YouTube: https://geni.us/Awr9
Connect with Misbah Haque:
YT Channel for Clips: https://geni.us/vEyn
Podcast Launch Checklist: https://geni.us/7IKCfRU
Podcast Content Planner: https://geni.us/AgmBZV
Podcast Promotion Planner: https://geni.us/S4YVZB
Podcast Launch In A Day: https://geni.us/AUb3CKx
Done-For-You Podcast Production: https://geni.us/EkmoLS
Inside The Mind with Misbah Haque
Apple Podcasts: https://geni.us/1ZrQ23y
Apple Podcasts: https://geni.us/eEB3Y