"Kc's Musings" is an additional episode, departing from the typical Women Developing Brilliance interviews for just a moment to review Bonnie Ware's best-selling book "The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying" through the lens of an entrepreneur.
What if it was all over?
That may seem like a morbid thought.
But amuse me for a moment by doing the little exercise below:
What if it was all over? There were no more punches left on your dance card. When you look back at your life, what comes to mind?
• Did you say all that you wanted to?
• Did you have a rich and fulfilling career?
• Did you accomplish your dreams?
•Did you hold back?
Close your eyes and ask yourself, “What would I have done differently if I had the chance?”
Ok, now come back and join me.
How was that for you? What came up?
If you had regrets, then you’re not alone!
Best selling author, Bonnie Ware, shares what she witnessed as a palliative care nurse in her book, The Top Five Regrets of the Dying.
Here they are:
1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Do any of these resonate with you?
The good news is that you have the power to change. To turn things around so you are living your best life...with NO REGRETS.
You are the maker of your destiny.
You get to decide what holds you back, what lights you up, what you will no longer stand for, and what legacy you wish to leave behind.
Isn’t that awesome?!
I get so pumped at the unlimited potential that each one of us holds.
So when you lay your head on the pillow tonight before the lights go out, ask yourself, who am I committed to being tomorrow?
Because if you’re lucky enough to be reading this today, then you get another chance to live your life with no regrets.