In this episode, I bring in one of my good friends Aminata Cham who has a lot of wisdom and tools that help people navigate change. Aminata has a background in IT project management and has a wide breadth of international experience.
In this episode, we talk about:
1) Aminata's experience moving to the US from The Gambia at age 19 and how she learned to forge a new family and support system.
2) Our experience with the pandemic and the challenges of being a working parent.
3) Some mindset tools that can help when navigating major life changes.
4) What sustained both Janny and Aminata during the pandemic and it has to do with relying on community. This includes Good News Jam and Zoom sessions with friends.
5) Cultural backgrounds and beliefs that can help us navigate change and be resilient as well as certain beliefs that can hold us back and how we can create new experiences for ourselves.
6) How to be compassionate with ourselves, how to be aware of that negative self talk and pressure to try to "do it all", how to shut off from work to avoid burnout, and how to really take your PTO.
7) How to be yourself and be authentic amid change. Aminata has wisdom to share around this advice.