Thom Ives is the founder of Integrated Machine Learning & AI providing services and instruction in the data science community. And he is the lead data scientist at AI Strategy Corporation. He is the recipient of more than 25 US Patents for many different types of devices. He has a PhD in mechanical engineering and has over 47,000 followers on LinkedIn. He has built an amazing career over the last 30 years.
In this episode, we cover a range of topics including:
- His AI journey
- Creating educational content
- His upcoming book
- Building communities
- "You must first BE to DO to HAVE". What does this mean in our context of data science?
- Building a portfolio of projects as a data scientist
- Growth happens through cycles and maintenance is integral to cycling. How should a machine learning professional think about it?
- Establishing your online presence as a data scientist
- Preventing burnout and the importance of recovery periods
- Storytelling for data scientists
- Why he loves Python