Vin Vashishta is a globally recognized expert on AI Strategy and Data Science. He has been a LinkedIn Top Voice in Data Science and has been featured on dozens of Top 10 Lists over the last 7 years. His client list includes the likes of Walmart, JPMC, Siemens, and Airbus. He delivers products with recurring revenue streams in the 100s of millions and build Data Science teams from the ground up. He advises startups and teaches founders how to launch their first ML based product. He founded V-Squared in 2012 and built it into a successful AI Strategy consulting practice. 4 years ago, he started teaching Business Strategy For Data Scientists.
In this episode, we cover a range of topics including:
- Teaching a strategy class for data scientists
- How to measure the success of data science projects
- How to identify the highest value opportunities
- You learn a lot by building ML models, but you learn more my maintaining them for 6 months. Why is that?
- What are transferable capabilities for a professional who wants to transition into data science?
- How to inject reality into ML products using domain knowledge?
- Advantages of rapid prototyping
- How to structure AI strategy sessions with potential new collaborators?
- What is career coaching?
- How to hire great data scientists?