#34 - Do you wish you could see problems in a different way instead of dwelling on them? Or help your team more when they’re feeling stuck in a challenge? There’s a phenomenal strategy you can use to do this, it’s called “reframing.” Today, we walk through what reframing is, how it differs from “toxic positivity,” the different workplace scenarios it helps with, and how you can apply it at home.
If you have follow-up questions, you can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about today’s topic, visit:
- [00:50] Handling the season change in Calgary.
- [04:22] What is “reframing?”
- [06:35] What role does reframing play in leadership and workplace dynamics?
- [08:20] Reframing vs. Regulating vs. Repressing.
- [10:40] How the different Cognitive Colours use reframing techniques.
- [15:20] How leaders can help employees reframe challenges.
- [20:10] How to reframe failure.
- [22:10] How to encourage lateral thinking in teams.
- [28:10] How to get a team into solution-mode.
- [32:00] Ways to help a team notice they’re getting themselves stuck in negative thinking.
- [35:45] At home, how do we use reframing?
- [40:20] Benefit finding vs toxic positivity.
- [44:15] How parents can teach kids about reframing.
- [52:00] What role does self-compassion play in reframing?
Mentioned in this Episode: