#40 - What does a psychologically safe workplace look like? How can you encourage your team to own their mistakes? What can you do to help your children make good decisions? For the second part of our culture series, Shane explores the 5 remaining steps in CultureSmith’s 9-part culture framework: Psychological safety, belonging, power and influence, conflict and feedback, and decision making. We explore how these concepts help form a strong and resilient culture both at work and at home.
If you have follow-up questions, you can always reach us at email@example.com.
To learn more about today’s topic, visit:
- [00:30] A quick review of Part 1.
- [05:00] Part 5 of the 9-part framework: Psychological Safety.
- [08:40] How leaders can create a sense of safety in the workplace. 3 steps.
- [14:50] Step 6: Belonging.
- [23:00] Step 7: Power & Influence.
- [25:30] What are privileged moments?
- [27:20] Step 8: Conflict & Feedback.
- [32:50] How to get started with healthy, task-based conflict.
- [34:50] Step 9: Decision Making.
- [41:00] Safety doesn’t exist until everyone feels safe.
- [45:40] Flipping the steps to the home. Step 5: Psychological Safety.
- [49:00] How psychological safety connects to power in the home.
- [53:00] Step 6: Belonging in the home.
- [54:55] Step 7: Power & Influence in the home.
- [57:55] Step 8: Conflict & Feedback in the home.
- [59:00] Step 9: Decision Making in the home.
Mentioned in this Episode: