#14: Erik Cheong is the Co-Founder & CMO of Park N Parcel
April 16, 2018
Erik Cheong is the Co-Founder & CMO of Park N Parcel, a Singapore-based logistics startup under NUS Enterprise portfolio, providing solutions to enhance the current last-mile fulfillment ecosystem. Their main focus is to provide online shoppers with an innovative way to collect parcels in a hassle-free manner by directing their online purchases to nearby neighbors or neighborhood stores. Since its launch in 2017, Park N Parcel has successfully built a network of collection points with over 1500 Parkers islandwide in Singapore. Currently working with partners such as Carousell, Airfov, DHL, and Aramex to prevent E-commerce platform & logistics companies from facing re-delivery and making their delivery much more efficient and cost saving.
Discover more details here.
Some of the highlights of the episode:
- The story of how and why you started Park n Parcel.
- How are you managing service levels and security with these individuals given that they won’t be at home and available 24/7?
- When do you know if it’s time to acquire your own assets versus outsourcing through delivery partners?
- Technologies like AI, Blockchain – how can these be potential game changers in the world of last mile delivery?
- What are some of the risks in the business model? We see a lot of companies including SingPost and Ninja Van moving towards self-collection points network set up. How would that impact you?
- You don’t come from a logistics, last mile or eCommerce background. How did you learn about the industry?
Follow us on: