#05: Tim Wickmann former CEO of MCC Maersk Part 3
September 19, 2017
Tim Wickmann is the former CEO of MCC Transport Maersk.Tim Wickmann has 27 years career with A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. He served as vice-president in various portfolios for 10 years. In the last 9 years, he was the CEO of MCC, the intra-Asia shipping specialist. During his term, the company became one of the most successful organizations in the history, from humble beginnings, maybe to the 17th largest line of company in the world in terms of capacity, among top three feeders globally, operated 90 ships, and had over 600 staff in local agencies in 14 countries across Asia.
Discover more details here.
Some of the highlights of the episode:
- How to build the number one shipping company in your industry from scratch
- On giving full independence to country managers – ‘Do anything you want as long as it is legal!’
- On being happy at work – “For 27 years, I have looked forward to going to work every single day. You need to be happy at work. Otherwise, it doesn’t work.”
- On superstitions and playing professional football. And how to handle 9 customer meetings in one day.
- How to react when your eyes stop working because of overwork and how to handle weeks of 13 hour work days.
- Why you should say No! to seemingly great opportunities.
Follow us on: