It is my pleasure to have us with us today Laura Behrens Wu, CEO of Shippo. Shippo is the best multi-carrier shipping software which empowers retailers, e-commerce platforms, marketplaces, logistics providers with the building blocks they need to succeed with shipping. They basically offer Amazon-level shipping for all their clients. Processing millions of shipments each month for 35000 customers, they have grown to a team of close to 100 staff and have raised around 29 million so far from various investors.
Laura Behrens Wu is the founder and CEO of Shippo. Laura, 26 years old, and Simon Kreuz, 28 years old, they started Shippo in 2013. Laura had her first experience with a startup while working as an intern at a start up company LendUp, which was a Y Combinator alumni start up (as the combinator that invested in Dropbox, Airbnb, and many other top start ups). She grew up in Germany, China, Ecuador, and Cairo, went to school in Switzerland and started Shippo in the U.S.
Some of the highlights from the podcast:
- Shopify, Facebook Marketplace - Partners
- Offering shipping options to grow their business
- Building tech experiences
- Helping them FedEx to reach more clients - smaller
- Competitor or not - Amazon.com or Alibaba - how do you compete with this guys?
- Amazon is driving the shipping standard - so our clients come to us for help to compete
- Customization and authenticity - tell a certain story - millennials
- Talking abut the hard time when being an entrepreneur - founders go through a huge amount of pressure