IBM and BlockChain
Today I am happy to have with us Meeta Vouk, director of IBM Singapore Research Center and previously Chief Data officer Blockchain technologies.
And the topic of our discussion will be Blockchain and specifically we will discuss some of the practical case studies it is already used by clients across the region and the globe.
Some of the highlights from the podcast:
- Microloans based on peer identity in areas where people have no official papers
- How the blockchain story is different from the RFID story for logistics
- In 5 years we will not use the word "blockchain" anymore
- For any long supply chain with a big number of middlemen, blockchain can be a huge disruptor
- Smart-contracts and enforcing the rule of - not to spending money you don't have.
- Teach kids art and philosophy and then show them technology as a tool to solve the problems we really need to focus on.