A psalm of praise. Of David.
1 I will exalt you, my God the King;
I will praise your name for ever and ever.
- A psalm of praise
o This means a song of praise
- Of David
o David means beloved
o All God’s children are beloved of God and should respond with singing praise!
- I will exalt you, my God the King
o To exalt is to life Him up higher in the highest place of respect & honor
o He is my God and the King!
§ Give Him the honor and respect and He deserves!
- I will praise your name for ever and ever
o This is why we were made
o To praise God’s name forever and ever (the name of Jesus Christ)
o The only name under heaven whereby a man or woman may be saved
§ No other name can save you!
2 Every day I will praise you
and extol your name for ever and ever.
- Every day I will praise you
o It’s a daily task we should gladly do!
o How else can we thank Him properly
o Imagine where you would be without Him
3 Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.
- He is most worthy of praise (in light of what He did)
- No one can fathom his greatness because His impact was massive & eternal
- Billions of people have been saved from the pit of hell
4 One generation commends your works to another;
they tell of your mighty acts.
- His sacrifice, miracles and promises as so awesome that every generation keeps talking about it to the next generation (thousands of years later – it’s still fresh & newsworthy)
5 They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
- The splendor of God’s works
o Seen in the sky above
o Seen by telescope
o Seen by mountain tops
o Seen by the birth of humans and animals
o Seen by flowers, food, science, lightening, thunder & more
o Saved Israel from Egypt, parted the Red Sea, provided for 40-years in the desert
o Healed the blind, make the lame walk, raised the dead
- We should meditate on His wonderful works because it gives us perspective of His power, Love, Grace & Mercy, genius, artistry and more.
6 They tell of the power of your awesome works—
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
- The power of His awesome works are worth thinking about
- How much power did it take to create the universe
- How much power did it take to create the sun the moon and the stars
Welcome to the Outbless Weekly bible study hosted by bible teacher and humber servant Michael Metcalf
Thank you for listening to The Outbless weekly bible