Praise for Jerusalem’s Restoration and Prosperity.
147 Praise the Lord!
For it is good to sing praises to our God;
For it is pleasant and praise is becoming.
- Praise for Jerusalem
o Jerusalem means “in awe of peace”; “teaching peace”
o We are in awe because of the peace created by the death & resurrection of Jesus Christ
o Teaching peace means we learn how peace actually comes (no other way)
- Restoration and prosperity
o Restoration means “to make like new”
o Prosperity “means more than what you need ”
- Praise for teaching us peace, we are in awe, thank you for restoration and blessing us with more than we need.
- Praise the Lord!
o Why? Because of what you just learned
- For it is good to sing praises to our God
o We should sing about what He has done (He is worthy!)
- For it is pleasant and praise is becoming
o Becoming means appropriate.
2 The Lord builds up Jerusalem;
He gathers the outcasts of Israel.
- The Lords builds up Jerusalem
o The very place the world wants to wipe of the face of the earth
o The Lord is building it up
- He gathers the outcasts of Israel
o Those who have sinned will be recalled and made new
3 He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds.
- It takes a miracle to heal a broken heart
- It takes care and thoughtfulness to bind up a wound
- This is what God does for His children
4 He counts the number of the stars;
He gives names to all of them.
- Can you count all the stars? God can. And He names all of them! How amazing!
5 Great is our Lord and abundant in strength;
His understanding is infinite.
- Great is our Lord and abundant in strength
o Consider how great He must be in order count and name the stars
o The Milkyway has 100 billion stars in it
o Scientists estimate 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, or a "1" with 24 zeros after it is the number of stars in the universe
- His understanding is infinite
o Infinite is without measure (beyond measurement)
o Scientist estimate the universe is 93 billion light years in diameter & growing for every megaparsec -- 3.3 million light years, or 3 billion trillion kilometers -- from Earth, the universe is expanding an extra 73.3 ±2.5 kilometers per second.
| per sec | 1 min | length | 60 min | 1 hour | 24 hours | 1 day | ft per mile | 1 day
| 240,485.60 | 60 | 14,429,136 | 60 | 865,748,160 | 27 | 23,375,200,320 | 5,280 | 4,427,121.27
Welcome to the Outbless Weekly bible study hosted by bible teacher and humber servant Michael Metcalf
Thank you for listening to The Outbless weekly bible