Matthew 7 - Judging Others
7 “Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.
- Matthew means “gift of Yahweh”
- This chapter is a gift if you heed its instruction
- Do not judge so that you will not be judged
o This is a simple but powerful spiritual rule
o Don’t judge – so that – its an important reason – you won’t be judged
o Get the formula
- For in the way you judge, you will be judged
o This means the scale of judgement is balanced by your own actions
- And by your standards of measure, it will be measured to you
o Your measure of judgement is a boomerang
o Consider this before judging others
3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.
- It seems easy to point out the speck in our brothers (other peoples sin)
- But we don’t notice the log in our own eye (a log is much bigger than a speck)
- The biggest sinners are often critical of petty little things in others
- Lets make sure we are not guilty of doing this!
- How can you help remove a speck (sin) in your brothers eye when you have a log (bigger sin) in your own (obviously you can’t or shouldn’t)
- You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye
o This means do a little self-introspection and repent
o Ask God to forgive you and turn the opposite direction
- Then you will see clearly to take the speck out your brothers eye
o We can’t help others overcome their sin until we overcome our own
o We have all fallen short of the glory of God (missed the mark of perfection)
o We all need to repent and ask for Forgiveness
o Only those freshly washed in the blood of the lamb are ready to help others!
6 “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
- What is holy is the Gospel (the Good News) of Jesus Christ who died and raised again the 3rd day to make a way for sinners to be forgiven, born again and granted a way into heaven even though underserving.
- Dogs are driven be hunger and emotion (reactive to their flesh alone)
o They are not interested in spiritual matters
o You should preach the gospel to everyone but those who don’t want to hear it or reject it should be left alone to ravage their food for tomorrow they die
Welcome to the Outbless Weekly bible study hosted by bible teacher and humber servant Michael Metcalf
Thank you for listening to The Outbless weekly bible