Hebrews 1 - God’s Final Word in His Son
1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
- God had spoken long ago to the fathers (thousands of years ago)
o To the fathers
o In the prophets
o In many portions and in many ways
o It should be super evident and clear because of the messages from God!
- In these last days as spoken to us in His Son
o In the last days, the Word of God comes from His Son
o We are living in these last days now
o Jesus is the One we must listen too
- Whom He appointed heir of all things
o An heir is the person who gets an inheritance from His Father
o Jesus inherited all things (that means all – not some)
- Through whom also He made the world
o Notice that God the Father made the world through Jesus His Son
o God was the architect
o Jesus was the Generator contractor
o The Holy Spirit remains boots on the ground
3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.
- To be the radiance and exact representation of His nature means He is God!
- And upholds all things by the word of His power
o Notice is Jesus Christ’s power that is upholding all things
o Everything will fall apart when He stops holding it up or together
o By the word of His power (He simply speaks and its done!)
When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.
- When He had made purification of sins
o This happened when He died to pay for the sins of all mankind
o Then He rose again 3 days later proving His power over death &sin
- He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high
o The heir, the right hand, the power!
- Having become much better than the angels
o Jesus is not just another angel
o He is much better!
- As He has inherited a more excellent name than they
o The name of Jesus Christ is the name above all names
o There is no other name under heaven whereby a man or woman can be saved
o Consider the power of His name
5 For to which of the angels did He ever say,
“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”?
- God never called anyone else His Son!
- Jesus is the One and only
- God said “This is my beloved Son in whom I well pleased, listen to Him”
Welcome to the Outbless Weekly bible study hosted by bible teacher and humber servant Michael Metcalf
Thank you for listening to The Outbless weekly bible