Hebrews 11 - By Faith We Understand
11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
- Hebrews Chapter 11 has been called the great hall of faith!
- By faith we understand (the only way you can understand is with faith first)
- now faith is the substance of things hope for
o substance is something you can actually touch
o your faith needs to be at the level where you believe you reach out & touch the thing you are praying for and believing to receive
- the evidence of things not seen
o is there any evidence of your faith?
o If you have faith to receive then you shall receive and it shall become the evidence
- Evidence and substance is as real as it gets
o Does this describe of faith you have?
- For by it the elders obtained a good testimony
o Abraham believed God and it was counted as righteousness
o Faith is the lingua franca of eternity (it is how everything is done)
3 By faith we understand that the [c]worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
- It took faith to believe how the worlds were framed
o By the word of God (He simply spoke it into existence)
- So that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
o Nothing you can see or touch was visible until God created it by speaking!
- Intelligent design is abundantly seen in nature, biology, chemistry, anatomy, mathematical precision, rotation of planets and more (it could never have been without intelligent design)
- Although you can’t see the designer you can see the result of His works!
o Like a great painting
o It doesn’t get painted by itself over billions of years (someone painted it)
Faith at the Dawn of History
4 By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks.
- The key is that Abel offered to God an offering by faith (which is why is was more excellent than Cain)
- God heard Abel’s blood crying out to Him after he died (He is still alive)
5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, “and was not found, because God had taken him”; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
- This is truth is among the most valuable on earth
- Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death (raptured)
o He pleased God (this is how he got raptured)
Welcome to the Outbless Weekly bible study hosted by bible teacher and humber servant Michael Metcalf
Thank you for listening to The Outbless weekly bible