1 John 5 - Overcoming the World
5 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
- Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God
o Every color, age, status, creed, religion, location
o God is an equal opportunity Savior
- Whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him
o Baby Jesus is the key
o If you love the Father, then you love the Son
- By this we know (this is how you can know)
o That we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments
o This means we read the Bible and do what it says (obedience is required)
o Reading or hearing the Word, believe the Word and Doing the Word
o This is how you know!
- And His commandments are not burdensome
o The commandments are not a bummer
o They are not designed to rob you of joy
o They are designed to protect you and unlock your greatest blessings!
o The more obedient you get; the more you see answered prayers & blessings
- For whoever is born of God overcomes the world (notice the result of being born of God)
o You overcome the world
- And this is the victory that has overcome the world – our faith
o It’s one ingredient
o Our Faith !!!
- So too, you can overcome the world with Your Faith in Jesus Christ!
o Faith in Christ is the answer to every challenge!
5 Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? 6 This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood.
- The one who overcomes the world is the he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God!
o This concept is a repeat to make sure you get it & bring it into focus
- This is the One who came by water and blood (this means in the flesh)
- Not with the water only, but with water and with blood
o When Christ died and the Roman soldier pierced His side out came water & blood
o Medical doctors will tell you if you have water mixed in your blood it is because of a broken heart (this how Jesus died)
- Consider the water and the blood when a baby is born
o Life is in the blood
o The Spirit is what makes you uniquely you (it lives forever)
- Jesus was all three
o Spirit (from God)
o Blood (from Human)
o Water (Born the first time; or Born the 2nd time by baptism
Intro to Outbless Weekly
Thanks for listening to Outbless.com