Ephesians Chapter 2 - Made Alive in Christ
2 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
- We were dead
- We formerly walked according to the course of this world (a course that leads to hell)
- According to the prince of the power of the air (the devil is leading this pack)
- The spirit is working in the sons of disobedience (its spiritual) and in “sons of disobedience”
- Disobedience always leads to punishment
- We too “all” formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh (we did it too)
- We indulged in the desires of the flesh and of the mind (physical and mental)
- We were “by nature children of wrath”
- So remember we were guilty too!
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
- But God “being rich in mercy” because of “His great love”…
- By Grace you have been saved!
- And raised up with Him, and seated us with Him!
- So that in the ages to come He might show surpassing riches of His grace and kindness
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
- By grace alone through faith
- Not of ourselves
- Not of works
- So that no one may boast
- For we are His workmanship “shaped by Him according to His delight”
- And we were created in Christ for good works “Christ is the tool used to shape us”
- Created for good works “in order to do good works”
- Prepared beforehand “planned by God before time”
11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” which is performed in the flesh by human hands
Intro to Outbless Weekly
Thanks for listening to Outbless.com