B Jane Levine
September 16, 2022
Mark Davidson and John St
B J Levine is street photographer from New York City.
Her work focuses on candid portraits of the residents of New York City.
Jane’s work has been featured in the 'Women Street Photographers' photobook and she has been exhibited in international exhibitions.
B Jane discusses, among other things:
- Why she doesn’t consider herself a street photographer
- Her process shooting in Midtown, New York
- Shooting with a flash and getting close to New Yorkers
- Building her body of work of New York City
- How travel informed her street photography
- How she deals with negative reactions on the street
- Why beauty is important in street photography
Photographers mentioned in this podcast:
- Joel Meyerowitz
- Gary Winnogrand
- Helen Levitt
- Richard Misrach
- Bruce Gildon
Follow B Jane Levine: