Daniel Dunlop (aka @the_stash)
September 30, 2022
Mark Davidson and John St
In this episode, John and Mark speak with Canadian street photographer Daniel Dunlop (aka @the__Stash), who is based in Kitchener, Ontario.
Dan is a member of @Street_Badass and @MakeMyOwnShtt
Daniel discusses, among other things:
- His street photography journey
- Is there a link between street photography and skate boarding?
- What’s the meaning behind the name?
- Whether Kitchener has fallen on hard times or are we seeing a different side to the city through his photographs?
- The story behind the “Queen” shot
- How he shoots and dealing with people on the street
- Advice for new street photographers on improving their game
His gear addiction (past and present):
- Sony A9ii
- Sony Ace 5500
- Sony 200-600mm
- GFX 50r
- XF23mm F2
- XF35mm F1.4
- XF14mm F2.8
- Leica Q
- Leica M240
- Leica M10
- Leica M10R Black paint