December 02, 2022
Mark Davidson and John St
In this episode, John and Mark speak with Helsinki-based street photographer Oscar Wollsten.
Oscar discusses, among other things:
- The title of street photographer and whether it is helpful
- Is your work / style a reflection of yourself or more of a creative endeavour?
- Does mood change how you see the world and shape the images you create
- Technique and hit rate
- How do you self-manage what’s a good / bad shot
- Visiting other places to keep you fresh
- Shooting in Helsinki vs Riga
- Has making short films helped your photography and helped develop your style
- Funding for his exhibition, future book, securing government funding and the personal significance behind the project
- Starting a business and making a living from photography
- If you could shoot anywhere in the world where would you shoot