Craig Whitehead (aka Six Street Under)
January 20, 2023
Mark Davidson and John St
In this episode, John and Mark speak with Cambridge (United Kingdom) based photographer Craig Whitehead aka @SixStreetUnder.
Craig’s work is candid, beautifully coloured and finished off with top shelf composition.
Craig discusses, amongst other things:
- Fuji vs Sony. Which camera would you pick up?
- Who is Craig Whitehead and where did his photography journey start?
- Did he study / self-taught and resources available online?
- You have been labelled the new Saul Leiter, how do you feel being compared to other people?
- What defines “street photography”?
- Why are people so rigid within the genre?
- The benefits of being different.
- Craig’s iconic 2 kids of the swing and the story behind it
- The challenges shooting in Cambridge, staying creative and motivated
- If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your younger self?
- Can you make a living from photography?
- Did shooting Leica make you a better photographer?
- NFT’s & thoughts on AI images
- If you could go to any city in the world, where would you go?
- Where did the name Sixstreetunder come from
Photographers mentioned in this podcast
- Josh Jackson
- Saul Leiter
- Ted Forbes
- Ernst Haas
- Jack Davison
- Joel Meyerowitz