Just Live Podcast 38 - What is your CREATIVE IDENTITY?
by Dan & Suzie Potter
Are You Creative?
Creativity can be described as the ability to generate new and original ideas, concepts, or solutions. It involves using imagination, insight, intuition, and a willingness to take risks and try new things.
YOU were created to be "Creative", to see things in a unique way and make connections between seemingly unrelated concepts. YOU are able to think outside of the box and YOU can come up with innovative solutions to challenges, because YOU are in the image of God & He is creative.
But you might have forgotten or been told you where not creative. If you desire to return to your "CREATIVE" self, and build your Creative Identity just begin to . . .
We will use CREATE as an Acronym … write it on down the side of your paper, for those taking notes.
1. CHOOSE - “I Want To Be CREATIVE!” It starts with your CHOICE to be creative, then try the other ideas to spark your creativity!
2. RECAPTURE your Kid - Give yourself permission to Daydream and listen to your imagination. Kids are brilliant at imagination and daydreams and everything is real to them. Allow yourself to dip into daydreams & imagination.
3. EXPOSE Yourself to New Experiences - If you are one of those people who like it the same every time, try doing something different and see the creative sparks fly. Try a new taste, take a new route to work or school, enjoy a new season (Spring sparks so much creativity for us), or say YES to something healthy you usually wouldn't try.
4. ARREST Your Creative Thieves - What stops you from thinking and acting creatively? That is your "Creative Thief". Arrest / stop that from happening and release your CREATIVITY freedom.
5. TRANSFORM the Norm - Be Curious, ask "what if" and move out of your new normal space.
6. EMBRACE Rest - Relax and enjoy life (it is a fast restart to creativity). Regular "OFF" days or parts of the day can allow your creativity to flourish freshly.
If you would like to dive into more creativity sparks, click here and Take the ABC's of CREATIVITY course for FREE!
Please contact us in any of the ways we are connected to give a response, ask a question, or even share an emotional outburst!
Click here to go to the MOMENTUM CHALLENGE 90 course